A couple things

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Haid

Kouhai
1. Why don't we have more choices on direct downloads of an anime?? I know about server bandwidth and all that. that is why you have the downloader made so that people are not over running the server with excess downloads and yadda yadda (you know what my point is). so why not have an episode available from more than just one subber (Not the same subber either...)

2. Why is there only an anime series forum why not have a chat or a forum available to each episode... I mean putting a few lines that route you to the forum for it or have the forum thread appear below all the download and screen shots can't be too hard... maybe a little tedious but i have done plenty of work like that just so that something will run better, look nicer, or just all around more appealing. This suggestion is similar to the first suggestion, I believe because i am jsut wanting to be able to get my anime faster not just taking i do give back i seed at least 500mb of every anime i leech and well i was am trying to get an anime now the speed is only 2 kb/sec ... yeah going to be for ever so the forum may also allow us to communicate an get more seeders available for when we want to download.

QUOTE (Haid @ May 16 2009, 10:46 PM)1. Why don't we have more choices on direct downloads of an anime?? I know about server bandwidth and all that. that is why you have the downloader made so that people are not over running the server with excess downloads and yadda yadda (you know what my point is). so why not have an episode available from more than just one subber (Not the same subber either...)

2. Why is there only an anime series forum why not have a chat or a forum available to each episode... I mean putting a few lines that route you to the forum for it or have the forum thread appear below all the download and screen shots can't be too hard... maybe a little tedious but i have done plenty of work like that just so that something will run better, look nicer, or just all around more appealing. This suggestion is similar to the first suggestion, I believe because i am jsut wanting to be able to get my anime faster not just taking i do give back i seed at least 500mb of every anime i leech and well i was am trying to get an anime now the speed is only 2 kb/sec ... yeah going to be for ever so the forum may also allow us to communicate an get more seeders available for when we want to download.

1. FTV gets it's Direct Download feeds from Animesuki so what Animesuki hosts we host, so we have no control over subbers. If you like other subbers i suggest torrenting it or finding it via irc.

2. Why would we need that? You go to the "anime" forum find the series and discuss the episodes in there, therefore we have no need for a needless number of threads. FTV doesnt pertain one series which is what i think you're getting mixed up with. Forums that are dedicated to one series will have the option for a particular number of episode discussion thread. We like to keep things clean in all acounts and your idea would mean more work for the mods since they would need to go into each and every thread. Now if you're looking for more seeders either go to the particular subbers site and request more seeders or their irc channel. We have no control over torrents and seeders here at FTV and im sure you will be told the same on every forum that accounts for "general anime " and not one partiular series. The subbers should have distro's which are constantly uploading their torrents for them so thats really up to them and the leechers, not us.

1. Providing DDLs to multiple subbers requires much larger server space to host all those direct downloads. If we tried to host DDLs for multiple subbers on a single episode that would in essence need us to anywhere from double to quadruple the amount of server space we have. It's far easier and cheaper to just host the single one. If you really want a different subbers or even just a different format of an episode that isn't hosted here you are free to ask for a download link in the Anime Request Thread (assuming it's unlicensed, blah blah blah, so on and so on.....).

2. Well, shini, I know other forums that aren't just dedicated to a single series have multiple threads made for each episode. Animesuki forums are divided up that way. But if we wanted to do that a major overhaul would need to be done to the Anime section. Series would need to have their own sub section so that each episode discussion thread can be placed in there and then we have to decide which threads would get that treatment and it just doesn't seem worth it in any way. It's a lot of work to fix something that isn't broken. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the setup on this site with just having a single thread for a series with everything going into that one thread.

QUOTE (Haid @ May 16 2009, 03:46 PM) 1. Why don't we have more choices on direct downloads of an anime?? I know about server bandwidth and all that. that is why you have the downloader made so that people are not over running the server with excess downloads and yadda yadda (you know what my point is). so why not have an episode available from more than just one subber (Not the same subber either...)

Most of this has been answered by shinigamii and Barbobot, but I'll add to it.
1) You basically answered your own question with what you said. The fact that we limit the number of connections should imply that multiple/infinite connections puts a strain on the servers and tells you the limited bandwidth. Adding more files is a similar logic. It takes up more space on the server. Considering how "oversubbed" certain series are, if we added most or all the groups subbing the series, no one would essentially be able to download.

2) If you look closely, at the anime forum, check how many pages there are already and note that not all existing anime series do not actually have a thread either. If we had one for each episode, especially those series that have no end (e.g, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Pokemon, etc...) it would be impossible to find the thread you need and it's already difficult enough for some users to find an existing thread of a series. Screen shots technically already exist....except that they are only for series hosted on the site. However, this also adds to bandwidth even though it's very small compared to the file sizes of the newer series. As for a chat box....that was planned a long time back, but I have no idea what happened to the idea. Probably decided it wasn't worth it. There also use to be a seeder request thread, but that no longer existed after the server was upgraded to have little to no wait time for downloading.

Basicly long reply to short

It be really cludder and wouldnt make sense and unneeded.

More anime with more subber.
Which better
More anime of same subber = less selection of anime
or
More selection of anime from subber that came out first that hit Animesuki thinggy = subs from varaious of subber because server just pick the first one.

many anime can get faster if u request it in the anime request thread and if u going the torrent route there is a limited ppl of ppl who only ddl and people who do torrent there also some that do both so when u request for seeder u need to reminder we provide the torrent but we do not have means of making seeder seed. This site does not have a tracker to do so.

Diito on what everyone else said.

1 and 2 already answered above so I wont give same answer, however to add to point no 2.

If you have 1 episode where the torrent is very slow for you, if this is not licensed then you could request it from the anime req thread, or I could DL and provide direct down load link for you.

If you want me to get it, pm me the torrent file and i'll add it on the server in my site.
Must be non licensed and non tracked tho.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back