Anime Delivery Service

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

daft27

-nya
Retired
This system has actually been coded into the site already but I'm the only subscriber to it at the moment. It automatically delivers animes to your computer once it has a copy available. If this concept is made publically available, this will probably be a pay-per-delivery service (something along the lines of $0.10 to $0.20 USD per episode).

It's pretty nice waking up or coming home to find new episodes already sitting there on your computer, just waiting for you to watch them. The only reason why I'm thinking of making this a pay-per-delivery service is to reduce the demand, since the demand > supply.

leet! so, whit this system, how can one accept them automatically?

is it mean that you're need to be at your desk waiting the eps to came and then accept it?

suuuuuuuuuuuuukiiiiii

i'd love to have eps waiting for me to watch instead of me piling up my flashget ... wow your amazing

me like that.. :) how would the delivery work though? starting the download automatically?

i'm still more interested in fxp transfers -- tomorrow i'm gonna try it out to see if it's available already or not :D

/jp

ok..since you said the system is coded into the site already, how to subscribe? do we have to pay? is it auto accept? care to explain daft?

The part that sends out animes is already coded into the site. The subscription part where you choose which animes you want to receive and where you want it delivered to isn't done yet. There's also the pay part that hasn't been done yet but I suppose it's something I could do manually (unless like there are like hundreds of subscribers... which is highly unlikely).

hi i recently register to the forum but let said that this it´s a great site to all the people of fansub thanks to make this possible

what payment method do it use ?? I still don't understand, new episode automatically put into my computer, which mean that i must stay online before that ??

Right now, I'm thinking of running it through www.paypal.com or www.stormpay.com (paypal preferred since stormpay has like huge fees).

When a new episode comes out, your computer will automatically receive a copy of the file. If your computer is offline at the time, the new episode will automatically be put onto your computer soon after your computer comes online. You will need to install some software (and configure your router/firewall properly) to get the delivery system working. Lets say you make a folder on your desktop called "New Anime" that's set to receive the incoming deliveries and a new episode comes out in the middle of the night while you're sleeping. When you wake up, you'll have a copy of the new release sitting in your "New Anime" folder, just waiting for you to watch it.

Does that explaination help?

I like the concept and that way I don't have to wait until a line is open for me just to dl a file... but I hope the initial amount needed is not heavy on the pocket...

yah its an excellent idea, and u have to charge for it because it will:

a. help benefit the site

b. if this service is on people will be downloading 4 times as many movies as before but with less work.

cool idea!

Sweet idea!

But I reckon you shouldn't have to do it manually - for all you know, there could actually be hundreds of subscribers.

Funky though. I think I might even get it myself.

The fansub page seems to be stuck dling Pretty Cure 16 and Sukisyo 1 ...
bleach 15 is out but not here.
ohmy.gif

I think I'll make free accounts for webmasters of anime sites. Of course there will be some basic requirements though, like traffic and whatnot.

Sweet. But yeah, make requirements, or people will just go and make any old website. And megadl, that's a bit off-topic.

QUOTE (sasha @ Jan 26 2005, 06:18 PM) Sweet. But yeah, make requirements, or people will just go and make any old website. And megadl, that's a bit off-topic.
...damn.
tongue.gif

/stops making random site.

Kidding, of course. Just a question, what would the download client be written in? Being a Mac user, this potentially presents a bit of a problem, you see.

QUOTE Being a Mac user, this potentially presents a bit of a problem, you see.

Having a Mac shouldn't cause any problems - it's an internet script. But you should ask Daft anyway.

No, I was referring to if he set up a client system. As I understood it, the client would run in the background and connect to fansub.tv periodically. If there was any new episodes, it would download them to some predetermined folder.

If I'm wrong, daft, please correct me.

Well, you're right about the client running in the background. However, you have the other part backwards. The server connects to the client when there's a new file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back