Are you loyal to a fansub group in case of a slowd

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you stick to a group's releases even when it falls behind other groups?

• Yes, always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, when the group focuses on quality [No otherwise]

• Yes, when the summed-up filesize fits a removable media [No otherwise]

• No, I pick whatever comes first

• No, because I want to compare between them

• No, when a series lags *way* behind, I choose another group

• Total voters

Rasqual

-chi
Kouhai
Latest example that comes to my mind is how Froth-Bite's releases of Shuffle! came out a bit slowly (vs. KnKF/AnimeU), but I don't regret waiting.

I will use the sub that is best not the fastest. And i try to download every episode of a show with the same group unless they stop subbing it for any reason, then i switch to the one that is best after that group.

It depends on quality. As long as the translation is good and the subtitles legible I am happy to switch between fansubbers and just grab the smallest or quickest download. However if the translation is poor I'll wait for a group that does a decent job, but I won't wait forever, in case I might end up with none of the versions! Even a bad version or a raw is better than nothing at all.

Usually I'll wait up to a week for a better version, I did that with Air for instance, where I liked the Koi one as it was smaller and with better subs. With Karin I'm more impatient and when the latest afk ep was 3-4 days later than usual I got the ASH one instead. I could have got the wesuck one a couple of days sooner but at that stage I was willing to keep waiting for the afk one.

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Dec 20 2005, 01:36 PM) It depends on quality. As long as the translation is good and the subtitles legible I am happy to switch between fansubbers.
I agree, some groups produce equal quality subs. o switching between them is not a problem. But I am ready to wait more to get a decent quality.

If its really too long, I might get a lower quality, but will most likely rewatch the better one when it gets out.

I'm always in for the same fansub group. although they fall behind, who cares. i still think they're pretty awesome. "what comes around goes around". they'll catch up soon.

haha.. when i'm too impacient, i download someone else's but still wait for the original fansubber's versions to keep! for example, using MKK's example.. when Haro^2 Tori^2 began taking much longer than usual to release an episode, i started getting the Hiro fansub. But i ended up getting H^2T^2's versions anyway (they're done with the series, the only thing that's missing is a christmas special that didn't air yet)..

i rarely switch fansubs within a series, but it has happened before -- FMP: TSR, for example. i began with AonE_A-Kingdom (i think) but after some time started getting bakakozou's.. both were good enough for me, so i kept half of the eps from one, half of the eps from another..

/jp

I usually don't keep the series, so for the most part, I just download whoever comes out the fastest, unless the group does something that I don't particularly like. For instance Conclave releases H.264 versions of Ginban Kaleidoscope, which my laptop is too slow to play, so I tend to ignore their releases, even though they are quite a bit faster. For Gundam SEED Destiny, there were quite a few groups releasing quickly, many of them had pretty poor typesetting skills and lackluster translations, so I skipped over them (I eventually settled for cellphone^2).

So, for example, when a new series is released, I get the first episode from one group, the second from another, and so on, until I see a group that doesn't suck, and releases quickly. That's why I go with dattebayo or BleachSociety for Bleach, even though Lunar was very good.

~ SP

I just check the shows i download on my Divx/DVD player if the show works on it i like it. The best groups are Shinsen-Subs, Triad and Ev0l Power. I don't have troubles on playing them off. With the serie of Live-evol sometimes they even don't work on my pc but they work on the DVD/Divx player. I would say try to stick on one group when you download a show.

i stick on one groupd...even though some of them are pretty slow :/ if they are too slow, i rely on raws >.>

I always choose the first group which are fastest with translations, and when i'm finished with the series i download all the episodes again from the group with best subs and quality and store them on my anime hdd
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Daedroth @ Dec 27 2005, 06:14 AM) I always choose the first group which are fastest with translations, and when i'm finished with the series i download all the episodes again from the group with best subs and quality and store them on my anime hdd
tongue.gif

hehe that's what i used to do but i'm runing out of HDD room

now i just stick with whoever does the best translations. video quality isn't that important to me since the diffrence between .mkv and .avi (or whatever they release their stuff) in is slim

QUOTE (PermaSt0ne @ Dec 27 2005, 06:06 PM) video quality isn't that important to me since the diffrence between .mkv and .avi (or whatever they release their stuff) in is slim
Just so you know, mkv and avi dont have anything to do with quality.
Those are just the container. The quality is determined by the codec used INSIDE teh container (DivX, XviD, H264, etc)

Its like when you take picture and put them inside a photo album. The quality of the picture is determined by the type of film, camera and the person taking the picture. Not the photo album in which they are.

QUOTE (Daedroth @ Dec 27 2005, 04:14 PM) I always choose the first group which are fastest with translations, and when i'm finished with the series i download all the episodes again from the group with best subs and quality and store them on my anime hdd
tongue.gif

Exactly the same here... as an example i usually watch we suck karin episodes, but i don't really like the subbing style there.

i dont care about the subbing style, most of the time i pick the fastest though *and stick to that, even if it slows down*

me too, sometimes it best to kill the time when it slows down, also I will pick the fastest time and will stick to that until boring

i`ll watch anyhting , as long as the translations are right, oh yeah , i don`t watch subs with annoying fonts, like some hellsing episodes of mine have, so annoying..

I usually grab whichever releases first unless it's an anime I like alot (like Bleach, Naruto, etc; where I always get from dattebayo). However, if I DL one and the subs suck (for example, I pray that a new group starts working on Kiba or I'm gonna shoot myself before the 5th episode), I'll never use them again except occasionally to see if maybe they kicked whoever was doing them like crap.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back