Are you new? Please introduce yourself here.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Welcome, Isabelle! Glad to have you join us
biggrin.gif

I LIVE!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Out of "retirement" and back into the fray i go!!!
Lets see... i lasted about 6 months last time. lets see how long i live this time
biggrin.gif

Anyway... more to this later. i need to get back to work (they are watching)

hello everyone! Could anyone point out for me any good mecha anime? I've just finished watching Break Blade & I liked it alot Thanks!
smile.gif
oh, and nice to meet y'all.

QUOTE (mikekiki20 @ Aug 04 2012, 04:41 PM) hello everyone! Could anyone point out for me any good mecha anime? I've just finished watching Break Blade & I liked it alot Thanks!
smile.gif
oh, and nice to meet y'all.
Welcome to the forums mikekiki20. As for your request, it depends on the type of mecha series you're looking for as it is a matured genre at this point.
There are titles that deconstruct the mecha genre like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Sousei no Aquarion and then there are your standard titles like Gundam and Macross.

Considering you liked Break Blade though, I'd suggest Soukyuu no Fafner (same staff as Break Blade), RahXephon, Gundam 08th MS Team, Eureka Seven, Zegapain, and Code Geass as starters.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 04 2012, 07:11 PM) Welcome to the forums mikekiki20. As for your request, it depends on the type of mecha series you're looking for as it is a matured genre at this point.
There are titles that deconstruct the mecha genre like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Sousei no Aquarion and then there are your standard titles like Gundam and Macross.

Considering you liked Break Blade though, I'd suggest Soukyuu no Fafner (same staff as Break Blade), RahXephon, Gundam 08th MS Team, Eureka Seven, Zegapain, and Code Geass as starters.
Thanks for the quick reply.From your response, i gather that the mecha genre branches into other sub-genres? If so, I apologize for my previously scant request since im pretty new to this. As for describing what i want in particular, ill give it another go

Ive just picked up Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse, and i liked it alot. I can say for sure that I like mecha that focus more on sci-fi than other stuff like magic like in Break Blade. I like sci-fi alot you see: I remember watching two seasons of Battlestar Galactica in one sitting (though im not sure i should be saying this
laugh.gif
)

As for your suggestions,Tsukasa, i will definitely look into them. Are any of them available through this site? I am not sure where else to look ... sorry for being so green
unsure.gif

QUOTE (mikekiki20 @ Aug 05 2012, 05:41 AM) Ive just picked up Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse, and i liked it alot. I can say for sure that I like mecha that focus more on sci-fi than other stuff like magic like in Break Blade. I like sci-fi alot you see: I remember watching two seasons of Battlestar Galactica in one sitting (though im not sure i should be saying this
laugh.gif
)

If you like Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse, Blue Submarine No. 6 is definitely up your alley. It's a short yet good one and a classic for the genre. Gundam and Macross titles as well as Fafner. Heroic Age can be a stretch.

If you want pure sci-fi, here are a few all time classics as well as a number of my favorites: Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Crest/Banner of the Stars, Planetes, and Infinite Ryvius.

QUOTE As for your suggestions,Tsukasa, i will definitely look into them. Are any of them available through this site? I am not sure where else to look ... sorry for being so green
unsure.gif
The ones I mentioned in my previous post are not available through this site as they have all been acquired by US licensing companies.
Out of those that I mentioned above, I believe only Legend of the Galactic Heroes is unlicensed. While we don't host it here, it's a popular enough title that a simple google search can help you find it. If not, we have our Anime Request Thread here: http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=1379

こんいちわ皆様はじめました!
お元気ですか?
Greetings, everyone!
Silendris here!
I have been a devoted fan of this page since 2006 and started watching anime with the release of Air.
Since then I've been hooked, and solely watched anime subbed from this site with joy!
Though for some reason I have never gotten myself to register as a fellow member of this great community earlier. Better late than never I suppose.
smile.gif

I am mostly into the Love-Romance, Slice of Life, Drama genres. Something that will break the contrast of the mundane life and reach out to touch my heart is always a welcome pleasure.

At the moment I am following:

Chuunibyou Demo KOI ga Shitai!
Girls und Panzer
Little Busters! (merely because I adore Rin-chan ^^,)
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!
Sword Art Online

Also I am trying to develop my japanese whenever I can, so I apologize for any inconvenience my lack of linguistic skill in the topic may cause.

I hope to get along with everyone!
smile.gif

Welcome Silendris! Welcome! I am sure by now, you may have already read the forum rules and general information about what makes this little place run but since you are only now posting, well, just a friendly reminder to avoid flaming, spamming, double posting, etc.

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=1774

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=2741

Have lots of fun and hope you will get to know many of us herein. Should questions arise, you can always use the search button, ask a Mod or a Sempai...if you get a warning for whatever reason, only a Mod has the authority to do so. Steer clear!
wink.gif

Best of all? Have fun and keep posting your thoughts on what you are watching/reading!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Hi all!

I'm a long-time lurker, (of the website, not so much the forums) and I just feel like finally introducing myself. :p It's been a while since I've been a part of a forum community, but I hope to have some fun and good times with you all!

-Lotusfire

Hi, and welcome to the forums, lotusfire!
Hope we get to know you better and you enjoy spending time with all of the great people here. If you have any questions at all, just contact a Mod or a Sempai. Also, it'd be good if you read the rules, if you haven't done that already, which I'm sure you already did
smile.gif

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=1774

-Cheers, Nioki

Welcome sandy & lotusfire and to all our new members who are lurkers rather than posters
smile.gif
Glad to have you with us! Have fun watching anime and/or reading manga as well as posting your thoughts on the forums. Be sure to read the general rules here and ask a moderator or a sempai (senior member) if you're unsure about anything
smile.gif

ChQUxJV.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ May 15 2013, 03:22 PM) Hi, I'm new here. Not sure what to type here, just want to say hello really. *waves*
Oi Oi you ain't new at all. Lol, I see your trying the thing I did a few years back, and someone fell for it too.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 15 2013, 04:55 PM) Oi Oi you ain't new at all. Lol, I see your trying the thing I did a few years back, and someone fell for it too.
laugh.gif

I am new, I've been born again in a different, but more sexy body. I don't know who you are, are you the cute maiden who gives me a tour? :p

Well..... welcome back Hia-san I was wondering where you went off too.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ May 13 2013, 05:30 AM) Welcome sandy & lotusfire and to all our new members who are lurkers rather than posters
smile.gif
Glad to have you with us! Have fun watching anime and/or reading manga as well as posting your thoughts on the forums. Be sure to read the general rules here and ask a moderator or a sempai (senior member) if you're unsure about anything
smile.gif

ChQUxJV.gif

Thanks julezia.... well i am still unfamiliar with this site...but be sure to ask you if i have any problems

Nin-Nin!
ph34r.gif

I'm not new, but it's been a while since I last logged in. It was around the time Darker than Black was airing, I think.
laugh.gif

welcome back! (sandyhck and lotusfire too) ^^ now that you mention it Malfion it's been a while since then, I noticed in your profile that we were registered the same year so I guess I'm your senpai by a few weeks ;p ...apart of Darker than Black tv series with 25 episodes did you watch the OVA "Beneath the Fully Bloomed Cherry Blossoms", the second season DTB: Gemini of the Meteor with 12 eps and the OVA series DTB: Gaiden with 4 eps?
smile.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 12 2013, 06:01 PM) welcome back! (sandyhck and lotusfire too) ^^ now that you mention it Malfion it's been a while since then, I noticed in your profile that we were registered the same year so I guess I'm your senpai by a few weeks ;p
Thanks for the warm welcome, sempai!
wink.gif
It's almost like nothing's changed here!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back