Audio Device: not located

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamasusuke

-aniue
Retired
Hey I was reformatting my sister's computer yesterday. Now the problem is, i'm trying to get the audio working, but it's not located.

Any suggestions on how to find it?

If its an on-board audio card, install the motherboard drivers package. You can find it on the manufacturer web site (use the board model number).

If it's an add-on card, go to the manufacturer's website, download the driver for the right model and install.

You should have a cd for it. I had a problem too, where I somehow accidentally uninstalled my audio device and needed to reinstall it via my creative cd that came with my speakers.

Well for me i have two problems:

1) Not sure what model number it is (it's ECS EliteGroup, and has AMD (Athlon) XP 1500+)

2) No CD.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 03 2006, 07:04 PM) Well for me i have two problems:

1) Not sure what model number it is (it's ECS EliteGroup, and has AMD (Athlon) XP 1500+)

2) No CD.
Call your manufacturer, visit their site or look on the box, get some help from the professional's.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 03 2006, 09:04 PM) Well for me i have two problems:

Open up the case and look at the board. It will be printed somewhere. One warning, look only with eyes, no touching unless you are grounded (and I mean electricly).

hmm... i guess this is it (i've seen it printed on it 3 times): K7S5A.

But i can't find it on the site. hmm... i think i'll have to look elsewhere.

Hmm.. All the links are broken, or the pages say "cannot be found"...

Oh well... Really not liking it when you have to look through a garage full of CDs...

EDIT: NVM i found it. now new problem:

Error code: Update Driver FOr Plug and Play Devices: -526870397

Fail to install audio driver for windows XP.

booo....

ok i know it's been awhile, but my sister hasn't been using the problemful computer, so i'll ask for help once again. the mentioned error code the post before still persists, so i don't know much on what to do next. maybe a lil help, or should i buy another audio card?

I see the sound chipset is an AC 97 made by SiS
SiS changed their site a few years back maybe that's why you can't find it at the above link
check this link: http://www.sis.com/download/ but you really need to know the exact number of the audio chipset on your motherboard

(not really sure if it will work but you can try the drivers made by Realtek or nVidia for the AC 97 - at one time I installed the nVidia audio driver by accident and my Realtek based chipset worked like a charm - but I really recommend getting the driver for your chipset
cool.gif
)

EDIT: if you don't know the model of the chipset, here's a link to an on-line tester which determines what SiS chipsets you have (I'm not sure if it will give u the chipset no. of the audio as I cannot test it - ain't got a SiS powerd mobo): http://www.sis.com/support/support_prodid.htm
you must run this from the problem computer and you MUST be using Internet Explorer, also it will install 2 ActiveX controls (used to determine the chipsets)

ok i went to that site and found out about the downloads and all. downloaded all possible things, like the driver, but it's still giving me the -526870397 error code -.-.

Also, I went to do some of my own googling, and found a 1.11 version of it, and it installed well.... but after restarting it (as it did for me) it now finds the hardware, but cannot install it. i'm not sure if i even have the right one for it.

and here's the info i got for the audio stuffs:
Elitegroup computer systems: ECS K7S5A
SiS 7012

edit: what does the -526870397 mean anyways???

you may want to try one last thing: uninstall the drivers, than go to Device Manager (right click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager) there go to Sound, Video and Game Controllers and uninstall everything that is listed there, reboot and try reinstalling the drivers with the latest version

If it doesn't work you may have to reinstall Windows and right after try installing the audio driver, and if it doesn't work, then the sound card may be broken

PS: I'm assuming you use Windows XD

EDIT:
don't install everything from the Sound....
the Video codecs should remain as they come with Windows XD
there should be an entry with SiS and AC' 97 Audio in it (or smth like that) this should be the one to uninstall, and everything with a yellow question mark

I did all that, but i guess that's not working either.

Oh well. I think you're right about the sound card being broken. I went out to best buy an hour ago to buy another audio card, and waiting to install it. Thanks anyways. I'll close this thread by myself, unless i need more from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back