Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
They'll only air one episode this week, then none programmed after that.

One of the two creators assured the fans the whole season would still be available, and that season 4 is on the way and will be available too.

tumblr_n97d69oGkv1rpfi93o1_500.png

tumblr_n96wx4QizL1r7zuteo1_500.png

It is a shame... S4 will be last. The only reason it isnt outright cancelled was because they already paid for it.

A number of reasons led to this. Nickelodeon used the miniseries that was S1 to gauge peoples interest and see if Avatar was still relevant. It was a success which led to S2 being commissioned. But serialisation requires advanced planning...so S2 was a mess in terms of characterisation (Korra's absolute brutal character regression) and a lot of people dropped off the series. This meant for S3 Nick really needed to promote and market Korra S3 which they were planning to do untill the leaks happened and sent them into panic mode. So they haphazardly launched S3 with little to no buzz and the ratings are as followed.

It really is just a perfect storm of events and shows why it is hard to have nice things in this world. Especially since I think S3 has been the best so far.

And I blame shyamalan for all of it. If the film was halfway decent instead of a black stain which killed the momentum for the franchise... Nick probably would have had more confidence in the creative team for 3-4 season deal in advance and would have allowed for more consistent plotting and character progeession like the original series.

I am rarely shocked. For example, I had a very muted reaction to the red wedding...but watching Zaheer airbend the air out of the Queen's lungs had me saying holy #%*!

It was brutal and what made it worse was the nagging feeling that she got what she deserved. And this from a children show.

S3 is really picking up from S1 plot threads of political moral ambiguity except unlike Amon, the Red Lotus are not fakes. They truly believe in anarchy or a natural order.

S3 has really been the best so far...shame about the behind the scene problems.

This episode was crazy...could this be the best season out of the whole Avatar universe so far?

The original was always afraid to go dark. What happened to Jet? Why didnt Aang kill Ozai? This season has a much more palpable sense of danger. When Tenzin says to the Red Lotus that he wont stop as long as he is still breathing...we know Zaheer can literally take your breath away. For him, it is a means to an end and he will go there is if his hand is forced.

Is Tenzin dead? It would be shocking if he was but I wouldnt be surprised and that is why this season has been so exciting. The possibility that the show can go there if it wants.

Fight choreography was amazing but again this season has just had some of the best action set pieces in general. I have always wanted to see an airbender vs airbender and no doubt Tenzin and Zaheer were roughly equal but Tenzin would have edged that fight...had it not been for the ganking at the end.

Oh gees...cant wait for the finale.

Very glad to see you reporting on how good this season has been so far. I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far and at this point I figure I may as well just wait until the whole season finishes and watch it then.

That was a very nice ending of this second season of Avatar Korra: The legend of Jinora...

Between this season ending, and the previous one, you can't not wonder who the real protagonist of this serie is...

I have no qualms about what happens with Korra, either the fight or how it ended, but why did they have Jinora saves the day (again !) ? It could have been any other characters, Jinora had already been put in the front way too much, be it in this season or the previous one. It would have been way better in my opinion to give the spotlight to someone else.

What Korra did this season:
- get tricked by Earth queen to collect taxes
- world tour to look for airbenders (collective effort)
- learned to metalbend
- almost got captured in Zao Fu
- trailed Aiwei and got captured while in spirit world
- got captured by Zaheer after surrendering to him (this one is Mako & Bolin's fault, they see all airbenders with hoods up, and they're not suspicious a bit???)
- got poisoned while captured, freed herself and fought Zaheer, but lost due to poison
- finish in a near-depressive state, in a wheelchair

What Jinora did this season:
- found where the Air benders were kept prisonners in Earth kingdom
- got captured by air bisons poachers, but managed to alert others of her situation
- while captured by red lotus, found out where Korra was detained, as well as what they were about to do to her
- used a trick to free all airbenders (wasn't useful in the end cause they got help to get free anyway)
- proposed the idea to use all airbenders to fight Zaheer, and led them for the "ritual"
- told the poison was metallic, enabling Korra to be saved despite the poisoning
- finish as an airbending master, leader of air nation ? (depends on how you interpret Tenzin words at the end)

QUOTE (daedalron @ Aug 23 2014, 08:49 AM) Between this season ending, and the previous one, you can't not wonder who the real protagonist of this serie is...

Korra is a failed protagonist...the show needed to transitions to an ensemble and I think they have been successful in doing so.

Now...I am all about Zaheer. He is my man. For years... people dumping on airbending because it had no advance techniques but I always knew that airbending is awesome. The recitation of Guru Lahima's principles...I have held that mantra for years now. I'm almost ready.

The thing that really got me was seeing the past villains. In Aang's time, the world desperately needed the Avatar. In Korra's time, everyone is conspiring to get rid of the Avatar. Some of it is due to modernisation and some due to Korra's poor decision-making.

Going forward, the real question becomes is the Avatar needed? I would argue no. And that may explain Korra's broken appearance at the end.

S4 is coming in October 2014...this year.

I'm happy but I dont really like Nick's treatment of the Avatar franchise. I think the Avatar series deserves more reverence than to be rushed out and finished with.

Whatever the creators do after S4 I hope they choose their partners wisely who fully understand their creative talents.

Watching Korra lose to Kuvira seems to have sparked the fan debate of who is the better Avatar... Aang or Korra? For me, it has been pretty clear that Korra is the worst Avatar ever... I was actually rooting for Kuvira to finish her off. Korra is a weak pathetic loser. Atleast when Korra was brattish there was the consolation that she could really throwdown in a fight...but now she cant even do that. It was honestly embarrassing to watch. Someone really has to remind me of what her good points are.

I cant even feel sorry for her struggling with PTSD. Normally when an Avatar faces a moment of crisis, they have a pool of existential wisdom to consult but Korra cant do that due to her own ineptitude.

S3 was the best because it realised Korra was a failure and therefore expanded on the ensemble cast culminating in the air nomads fulfilling the avatar's role (because the current avatar is such a failure). S4 has now refocused on the broken Korra, something which I am not interested in since I gave up on her character arc in S2. This has led to uncharacteristically boring, slow paced, actionless episodes. The writers are aware of this as they keep on using Meelo to comment on why there is no action. Eitherway coming off the back off a strong S3 which continually topped itself in most areas, S4 is a disappointment so far as all the sides stories are more interesting than the main plotline.

Will this be end of Avatar as a whole? Will the universe be revisited after Korra S4?

Korra is definitely the last of anything Avatar...such a shame.

If the end of S4 is : We don't need an Avatar anymore, then i'll be pretty pissed.
Because the problem would not be about not needing the Avatar, it would be not needing a crappy Avatar.

Since the beginning, she never did things correctly. First she was all about brute strength fighting, when what was needed was to handle things calmly.

Now she's finally handling things as they should be. If I were the Avatar, I would have handled the Kuvira crisis the same way she did: as long as the fight doesn't begin, you can continue to negociate, even if it's a pretense, it at least prevents the fighting. But if you're not able to handle things when the fighting starts, then it's completely useless. Trying to negociate like she did can only be done from a position of strength. As the Avatar, you should be able to threaten Kuvira into negociating: "if you try to go by force, I'll just crush you and your army." And for this to work, you have to be able to do it when the fighting starts !

But losing a fight to Kuvira is so shameful for an Avatar. How can she expect to get respected (and feared too) by people if she loses to a mere bender ? And if people stop respecting and fearing the Avatar power, then it's pretty much the end, as they won't listen anymore to anything the Avatar says.

QUOTE (daedalron @ Nov 21 2014, 12:29 PM) A blog post from the creators explaining why they made a recap episode:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/1031...out-episode-408
I'm still really far behind (barely into season 3 at the moment), but it's good to see they were able to take a bad situation and turn it around to the best of their abilities. Interesting to see how they took inspiration from Samurai Champloo when forced into this less-than-ideal situation. Sucks that it had to happen in the first place, but that's what happens in entertainment production sometimes.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back