Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Eternal (2021) & Crystal (2014-16)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite Sailor Senshi?

• Usagi Tsukino / Sailor Moon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury

• Rei Hino / Sailor Mars

• Makoto Kino / Sailor Jupiter

• Minako Aino / Sailor Venus

• Haruka Tenoh / Sailor Uranus (no pun intended)

• Michiru Kaioh / Sailor Neptune

• Setsuna Meioh / Sailor Pluto (a god, NOT a dog)

• Hotaru Tomoe / Sailor Saturn

• Chibiusa / Sailor Chibi Moon (lol)

• Seiya Kou / Sailor Star Fighter (er...)

• Taiki Kou / Sailor Star Maker (err...)

• Yaten Kou / Sailor Star Healer (errr...)

• Sailor Chibichibi (true self to be animated?)

• None of them / another one of anime or manga

• Total voters
QUOTE (Klyern @ Aug 10 2014, 06:42 AM) I am going to save my opinions on this adaptation until a lot more episodes are out and i can marathon this (not watching it as of now), so im sorry if i dont ride on the the sailor-wagon while its still full of people.

Either way i wanted to comment on the poll xD

I was a fan of Sailor Moon when i was a kid (before being 13 years old), and i was a closet otaku back then.... i remember my friends making fun of me when they found out by accident that i watched Sailor Moon (i will never forget my grudge for the ppl ratted me out xD)

Point is i was a huge fan, but i lost interest when Sailor Neptune and Uranus appeared, i couldnt just not witstand them for some reason. (i didnt like Uranus for obvious reasons but Neptune irked me and i still dont know why)

Either way, i am so glad, i mean SO GLAD, that i stopped watching SM before the star sailors appeared, i know you know what i mean. If i had to struggle with people finding out i was a male fan of SM and still watched it after those sailors appeared... i would have socially retreated into a cave.
To be honest, some shows have equally large male and female bases, though reasons for watch them might or might not be the same.

Sailormoon is "supposed" to be a show for girls, but it had a huge male audience base, because those audience liked the characters and found the show entertaining enough to watch; Saint Seiya- you'd though a show so bloody, violence and brutal would be a show for boys right? Yet it had a huge female following...probably in the same sense and reason as guys watching Sailormoon.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Aug 09 2014, 11:39 PM) Hah! You can always count on TOEI's QUALITY
biggrin.gif

Quality? Last I checked Toei only had quantity
tongue.gif
With Precure officially hitting the 500 episode mark a few weeks ago and the franchise being incredibly popular among the younger audiences AND with One Piece still being a big hit as is, I don't think "quality" is even a word in their dictionary.

QUOTE Sailormoon is "supposed" to be a show for girls, but it had a huge male audience base, because those audience liked the characters and found the show entertaining enough to watch; Saint Seiya- you'd though a show so bloody, violence and brutal would be a show for boys right? Yet it had a huge female following...probably in the same sense and reason as guys watching Sailormoon.

Saint Seiya is probably a bad example, especially with Omega recently. I would think more proper set of examples are Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. All three are heavy shounen titles yet the size of the female fanbase is absurdly large.

QUOTE I'm not counting the CG transformation scenes cause those don't necessarily bother me at all like they seem to do for everyone else.
These likely haven't bothered me as much as they should either since Toei has been using the same engine for Precure since Suite Precure 3-4 years ago. However, I do agree that it's not as smooth as I would like it to be. It's very likely that 80%+ of those who are watching the series outside of Japan haven't seen a Precure title so it's not surprising to see this reaction.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 10 2014, 03:58 PM) Quality? Last I checked Toei only had quantity
tongue.gif
With Precure officially hitting the 500 episode mark a few weeks ago and the franchise being incredibly popular among the younger audiences AND with One Piece still being a big hit as is, I don't think "quality" is even a word in their dictionary.
There's quantity, and then there's "QUALITY" (in a bad way)
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 09 2014, 07:00 PM)Chosing to not kill Jadeite makes that a blatant lie.

So far, barring horrible censorship, they did follow the manga quite closely, chapter per episode.
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 05 2014, 06:51 AM)The new VA is very, very good though, which keeps me watching. Also lol, "Moon Pride"
laugh.gif
QUOTE (Anybody @ Aug 04 2014, 09:25 AM)Dropping this series. the latest episode had either one of biggest deviations from manga or most nonsensical case of censorship to the point that its impossible to tell.

Defeats the purpose of making series faithful to manga if they are going to randomly deviate at such a major moments. Jadeite was supposed to die there, gruesomely incinerated by Mars. Its impossible to tell whether that happened because LOLTOEI I'd honestly be surprised if that's what happened, since it looked like he escaped at the last moment. Then again, the art's inconsistent so go figure.only a few hours to watch if he's still alive , in the 90s ep.22 adapted Act 4 too...
with SMC rants lately, do you guys prefer its new OP or the original by MCZ?
sleep.gif

*a month later* so no Mako-chan/Sailor Jupiter fans around here I guess, she's my #2 favorite inner Senshi btw... maybe they'll kill all the Shitennou until final eps of its Dark Kingdom arc, because there are a few villains in the manga?
dry.gif

I am confused.

Now I have not seen this show since they fucked up Jadeite's fate, but it seems that desptie them they are still moving at manga-pacing, so I have to ask WHY?

Why make those alterations if you are not going to use them? I would SOMEWHAT understand if they prolonged Jadeite's lifespan to add some fillers, but they are clearly not doing that so far and with the pace they are going there will be no way to capitalize on that. Dark Kingdom will still end at around ep ~12 or so. And by that point these he WILL have to be dead anyway(except it will be done in some crappy anime original way that whitewashes any responsibility from t he lead heroes). So why make those deviations from the manga?

That does absolutely NOTHING but make the tone lighter and take away A LOT of tension and atmosphere the manga had(because it was THE defining moments that showcased that this won't be just another crappy mahou shoujo show where leads spend more time blabbering about love and trying to redeem their enemies than fighting).

In a sense this leaves SMC in very strange spot:
- purists of previous SM anime will dislike this since its entirely different story since it somewhat sticks to manga.
- purists of the great SM manga will hate this since it deviates way too much from the manga.

I can't see TOEI's reasoning for this, except for wanting to sell this to younger audience(because nope, you can't sell this to 10 year olds if the lead characters keep murdering villains), but even THAT goes against their claims that this is supposedly or "more mature audiences than previous adaptation".

I can't wrap my head around this

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Sep 19 2014, 08:00 PM)*a month later* so no Mako-chan/Sailor Jupiter fans around here I guess, she's my #2 favorite inner Senshi btw... maybe they'll kill all the Shitennou until final eps of its Dark Kingdom arc, because there are a few villains in the manga?

Any decent manga fan abandoned this travesty already.

Also yeah, lame deaths of LOOOOOVE AND REDEEEEMPTION are confirmed for the generals now. Either the main villain will kill them(making both them and him/her be lame AND keeping senshi lame non-killing protagonists) or they will die protecting senshi (BECAUSE REDEMPTION and we have to sell this to 10 year olds)

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 14 2014, 02:01 PM) do you guys prefer its new OP or the original by MCZ?
I think the new song is too chaotic and tries to blend too many styles together. At the same time, I get a chuckle out of the "MOON PRIDE" thing every time I watch it, so I don't mind the new one. Can't say I liked the old OP much at all anyway. I'd say Sailor Stars OP is my favorite, alongside the old German dub OP

As for the deaths, I think they just took them out so they don't have to deal with the Japanese equivalent of R-rating.

I think they've either smoothed some of the rough edges in terms of visuals, or I'd gotten used to them (I skip the transformations anyway
tongue.gif
), but the rest is pretty decent to me. It may not have the artistic value of the original, but it's quite entertaining, so I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Sep 20 2014, 02:39 PM)
As for the deaths, I think they just took them out so they don't have to deal with the Japanese equivalent of R-rating.

They could still do that by toning down HOW they happen. Not letting them live.

AFter all THEY WILL have to die anyway, so that argument really does not work there...

Well, all I can say is "we'll see", as there isn't much to go on here.

I'm also wondering why it's so hard to air an episode every week rather than bi-weekly.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Sep 21 2014, 05:41 AM) Well, all I can say is "we'll see", as there isn't much to go on here.

I'm also wondering why it's so hard to air an episode every week rather than bi-weekly.
Especially with all the animation mistakes and low budget...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal: Black Moon-hen, to be aired as a TV Series

Title: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal: Black Moon arc and Season III: Death Busters arc
Japanese: 美少女戦士セーラームーン クリスタル<ブラック・ムーン編> & 第3期<デス・バスターズ編>
Airing dates: 17/1/2015 (ONA series, episode 14 to 26) and 4/4/2016 (TV series 3rd season, 13 episodes)
Original creator: Naoko Takeuchi
Directors: Munehisa Sakai (S2), Chiaki Kon and Nozomu Shishido (S3)
Written by: Yūji Kobayashi
Music by: Yasuharu Takanashi
Character designers: Yukie Sako (S2) and Akira Takahashi (S3)
Animation directors: Kozue Komatsu (S2) and Yukiko Akiyama (S3)
Art director and design by: Yumi Hosaka (S2) and Takashi Kurahashi
Directors of photography: Takeo Ogiwara (S2) and Noriyuki Murakami (S3)
CGI director: Yasuhiro Katō (S2) and Takahiro Chiba (S3)
3DCG by: Toshihiro Sasaki and Yuki Kimura (S3)
Special effects by: Mutsumi Saitō, Natsuko Satō, Saya Utsumi and Shōko Harada (S2)
Sound effects by: Shizuo Kurahashi, Yasunori Ogata (S2), Yasuyuki Konn, Kei Ishibashi (S3) and Ryūta Nakahara (assistant)
Color design by: Kunio Tsujita (S2) and Tomoko Kobiki
Color setting by: Kumi Kina (S2)
Prop setting by: Emi Tezuka (S2)
Art establishment by: Kura Ii (S3)
Planning by: Nobuyasu Suzuki, Takashi Washio (S3), Shinji Shimizu (S2), Ikuko Nakazato and Takashi Adachi (assistants)
Casting by: Yasuaki Sumi
Recording by: Chikako Abe and Miki Aragaki (assistant)
Documentation by: Minori Kajimoto
Program publicity by: Kozue Watanabe (S2)
Editing by: Nobutaka Maki
Supervision by: Fumio Osano
Music selection by: Makiko Kayahara
CG advancement by: Maki Takahashi (S2)
Art advancement by: Akihiko Yamaguchi
Finish advancement by: Masahiro Murakami (S2) and Kojiro Kuroki (S3)
Production advancement by: Kenta Ojiri, Masakazu Takahashi and Yasushi Oikawa (S2)
Music producers: Junnosuke Miyamoto (S2), Soichiro Hirano (S3) and Kōsaku Shimatani (assistant)
CG producers: Takeshi Himi (S2) and Yūji Yokō
Executive producers: Takuya Matsushita (S3) and Atsutoshi Umezawa (S2)
Producers: Yu Kaminoki (S2), Junichirō Tsuchiya and Ruka Tanaka
Associate producer: Keiko Ōnishi (S2)
Production manager: Shousuke Okada (S2) and Yuki Ohta (S3)
Studio: Toei Animation
Network: Tokyo MX
OPs: "New Moon ni Koi Shite (ニュームーンに恋して / In Love With the New Moon)" by Etsuko Yakushimaru, Momoiro Clover Z (2) and Mitsuko Horie (3)
Ending themes: "eternal eternity" by Junko Minagawa & Sayaka Ohara
ED#2: "Otome no Susume (乙女のススメ / A Maiden's Advice)" by Misato Fukuen
ED#3: "Eien Dake ga Futari o Kakeru (永遠だけが二人を架ける / Only Eternity Brings the Two Together)" by Kenji Nojima

Main cast: Usagi Tsukino (月野 うさぎ) / Sailor Moon (セーラームーン) / Neo-Queen Serenity (ネオ・クイーン・セレニティ) voiced by Mitsuishi Kotono
Ami Mizuno (水野 亜美) / Sailor Mercury (セーラーマーキュリー) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Rei Hino (火野 レイ) / Sailor Mars (セーラーマーズ) voiced by Rina Satō
Makoto Kino (木野 まこと) / Sailor Jupiter (セーラーセージュピター) voiced by Ami Koshimizu
Minako Aino (愛野 美奈子) / Sailor Venus (セーラーヴィーナス) / Sailor V (セーラーV) voiced by Shizuka Itō

Outer Guardians: Chibiusa (ちびうさ) / Sailor Chibi Moon (セーラーちびムーン) / Black Lady (ブラック・レディ)http://sailormooneternal.narod.ru/cover/cover_crystal_bd_08_m.jpg voiced by Misato Fukuen
Setsuna Meiou (冥王 せつな) / Sailor Pluto (セーラープルート)http://sailormooneternal.narod.ru/cover/cover_crystal_bd_10_m.jpg voiced by Ai Maeda
Haruka Tenō (天王 はるか) / Sailor Uranus (セーラーウラヌス) voiced by Junko Minagawa
Michiru Kaiō (海王 みちる) / Sailor Neptune (セーラーネプチューン) voiced by Sayaka Ohara
Hotaru Tomoe (土萠 ほたる) / Sailor Saturn (セーラーサターン) / Mistress 9 (ミストレス9) voiced by Yukiyo Fujii

Black Moon clan (ブラック・ムーン一族): Prince Demand (プリンス・デマンド) voiced by Mamoru Miyano
Blue Saphir (蒼のサフィール) voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga
Crimson Rubeus (紅のルベウス) voiced by Hiroki Takahashi
Green Esmeraude (翠のエスメロード) voiced by Hōko Kuwashima
Wiseman (ワイズマン) / Death Phantom (デス・ファントム) voiced by Hiroshi Iwasaki
Ayakashi Sisters (あやかしの四姉妹): Kōan (コーアン) voiced by Satsuki Yukino
Berthier (ベルチェ) voiced by Rumi Kasahara
Calaveras (カラベラス) voiced by Tomoe Hanba
Petz (ペッツ) voiced by Wasabi Mizuta
Boule Brothers (人造宝石 / ブール ブラザーズ): Chiral (キラル) voiced by Wataru Hatano
Achiral (アキラル) voiced by Kazunari Tanaka
Droids (ドロイド): Veneti (ヴェネティ) and Aquatici (アクアティキ)

Death Busters (デスバスターズ): Professor Sōichi Tomoe (土萠 創一) voiced by Takuya Kirimoto
Kaolinite (カオリナイト) voiced by Hikari Yono
Master Pharaoh 90 (師 / マスターファラオ ナインティ) voiced by Takaya Hashi
Witches 5 (ウィッチーズ5): Eudial (ユージアル) / Yuko Arimura (有村ゆうこ) voiced by Chiaki Takahashi
Mimete (ミメット) / Mimi Hanyu (羽生美々) voiced by Yuki Nagaku
Viluy (ビリユイ) / Yui Bidoh (美堂ゆい) voiced by Rina Hon'izumi
Tellu (テルル) / Lulu Teruno (照野留々) voiced by Naomi Ōzora
Cyprine (シプリン) and Ptilol (プチロル) voiced by Umeka Shōji
Supporting cast: Mamoru Chiba (地場 衛) / Tuxedo Mask (タキシード仮面) / King Endymion (キング・エンディミオン) voiced by Kenji Nojima
Luna (ルナ) voiced by Ryō Hirohashi
Artemis (アルテミス) voiced by Yōhei Obayashi
Diana (ダイアナ) voiced by Shoko Nakagawa
Kenji Tsukino (月野 謙之) voiced by Mitsuaki Madono
Ittō Asanuma (浅沼 一等) voiced by Daisuke Sakaguchi
Reika Nishimura (西村 レイカ) by Mai Nakahara
PVs: S'3:
S1, I-N review, BR & OST CMs:

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Sep 20 2014,03:39 PM)smoothed some of the rough edges in terms of visuals, or I'd gotten used to them (I skip the transformations anyway
tongue.gif
), but the rest is pretty decent to me. It may not have the artistic value of the original, but it's quite entertaining, so I'll keep watching.same here i still think Toei only decided to keep villains longer, i guess they are resigned to biweekly after many delays... so in ep.7 no Minako-chan fans either (she's Libra like me), who thinks they'll animate manga prequel Sailor V next?
biggrin.gif

so the 4 kings' delayed death at last happened in ep.12 not by sailor guardians, Beryl or Endymion but by Queen Metalia xD... well this Dark Kingdom finale will wait for new year, starting Black Moon clan's arc also known as Sailor Moon R
wink.gif

SM Crystal Death Busters-hen, sounds like an April fool's joke but it keeps going

QUOTE (Anybody @ Sep 21 2014, 07:11 AM)QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Sep 21 2014, 06:41 AM)Well, all I can say is "we'll see", as there isn't much to go on here.

I'm also wondering why it's so hard to air an episode every week rather than bi-weekly.Especially with all the animation mistakes and low buS3 is weekly :0 will toei adapt its arc faithfully? Koan died soon unlike Jadeite
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back