Black Bullet

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Masich

-san
Sempai
A15769-1444009628.1388514828.jpg

Title: Black Bullet
Japanese: ブラック・ブレット
Genres: Action, Dystopian, Science Fiction
Airing Date: 8/4/2014 (TV series 13 episodes)
Original Creator: Shiden Kanzaki
Original Character Designer: Saki Ukai
Director: Masayuki Kojima
Assistant Director: Hiroshi Ikehata
Music by: Shiro Sagisu
Sound Director: Yō Yamada
Chief animation directors: Muneki Ogasawara
Studios: Kinema Citrus, Orange
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, SUN, tvk, KBS, TVA, BS11
Opening theme: black bullet by fripside
Ending theme: Tokohana by Nagi Yanagi
Character Images/info: http://www.black-bullet.net/contents/chara/index.html

Main cast:Rentarō Satomi 里見 蓮太郎 voiced by: Yūki Kaji
Enju Aihara 藍原 延珠 voiced by: Rina Hidaka
Kisara Tendō 天童 木更 voiced by: Yui Horie
Tina Sprout ティナ・スプラウト voiced by: Tomoyo Kurosawa
Tokyo Area:
Seitenshi 聖天子 voiced by: Aki Toyosaki
Kikunojō Tendō 天童 菊之丞 voiced by: Tamio Ōki
Sumire Muroto 室戸 菫 voiced by: Yūko Kaida
Miori Shiba 司馬 未織 voiced by: Ami Koshimizu
Kagetane Hiruko 蛭子 影胤 voiced by: Rikiya Koyama
Kohina Hiruko 蛭子 小比奈 voiced by: Aoi Yūki
Shōgen Ikuma 伊熊 将監 voiced by: Hiromichi Tezuka
Kayo Senju 千寿 夏世 voiced by: Megumi Han
Takuto Yasuwaki 保脇 卓人 voiced by: Subaru Kimura
Third Kanto War Troops:
Tamaki Katagiri 片桐 玉樹 voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya
Yuzuki Katagiri 片桐 弓月 voiced by: Rumi Ōkubo
Shōma Nagisawa 薙沢 彰磨 voiced by: Shinichiro Miki
Midori Fuse 布施 翠 voiced by: Yui Ogura
Nagamasa Gadō 我堂 長政 voiced by: Tesshō Genda
Asaka Mibu 壬生 朝霞 voiced by: Inori Minase
Others:
Sōgen Saitake 斉武 宗玄 voiced by: Unshō Ishizuka
Ayn Rand エイン・ランド voiced by: Kōsuke Toriumi
TV PVs & CMs: http://www.black-bullet.net/contents/special/index.html
Official website: http://www.black-bullet.net/index.html

Synopsis In the year 2021, mankind is decimated by the epidemic of Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within the Monolith walls, which are created from Varanium: a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it, which gives them superhuman abilities, are discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the epidemic, Rentarō Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in Tendō Civil Security Agency owned by his childhood friend Kisara Tendō, along with his Initiator, Enju Aihara, conducts missions to prevent the destruction of the Tokyo Area and the world.

Barbo - I fixed the title for you. No reason to have it written as Burakke Burreto.

Black Bullet

So, far and I know it has already been 10 episodes, I still don't know
what to think about this serie.
unsure.gif

The Animation is Great.
The story is straight forward, a lot of things get explained, there are a few moments
in which you forget certain details, there is Drama but it lasts very short,
there is also comedy which often makes you forget that you are watching something
that is rated for 17+.
Characters are easily done, you only need like 2/3 minutes and you know what they are
in personality.
Funny thing, for a Anime of which I thought to be predictable, it has kept my jaw dropping
and also make me curse because of the cliffhangers^^

If you want something... (I still don't know) easy? simple? entertaining? good?
Then I recommend you to try it out. (17+ advised).

Black bullet, Review time!

The Anime kept to its genres, there is not a episode that goes by without forgetting them, Aside from the fact that Drama is also a genre in it, but that goes with dystopian I guess (not to be mistaken with Utopian, Don't know the meaning? *Google it*. yep the anime kept to that.
I will keep to my first reply on the matter of all the episodes... Except for the last one... To be simple straightforward.. It was To quick! some of the characters you think would have more screening time, don't get any of it and the last bit of the final... On 1 hand it held to its genre *Dystopian* to the letter!!!, on the other hand... Well, It honestly shocked me..*in a terrified way* in the last 5 minutes).

My rating for Black Bullet: 9,6/10
Animation: 9/10 (almost a 10, but, for some reason...it misses something, can't put me finger on it).
Story: 10/10 (It follows the Novel and I find it to be Unique & Good).
Characters: 10/10 (See First reply^^. There was a twist at the last episode, but can't be helped).

This anime, It kept to everything it said it would be. There are a bunch of questions I do have left, But I am already busy on the novel and till then...I actually Hope for a second season. This is actually 1 of the best animes I have watched o_O , which does surprises me, due to its genres.

I thought the series as a whole was a fun action title. Kinda rolled my eyes at the beginning on the "only little girls can have gastrea powers" as it's pretty obviously just used as an excuse to have plenty of cute little girls, but it does help that both Enju and Tina are freakin adorable. You kinda just accept it for what it is and move on.

For the storytelling, I'm not really sure how to describe it. It's like the transitions between events just felt like they happened super quick. Before I would even realize it they were on the way to a new battlefield. The villain guard character was pretty insufferable. His only purpose is to be an illogical asshole at every turn and it's just annoying instead of making the story more interesting. Especially in the end when he just tosses the batteries away (of which I can't even remember what they were supposed to be used for. It felt almost inconsequential), and then we never see him again. His whole purpose was as I said, just to be an asshole and nothing else.

And the last episode felt like it just tried to force a bunch of different big emotions on you out of nowhere. Kisara's character shift at the end felt like it came out of left field and in no way felt natural and the scene on the train between Enju and Satomi felt very forced.

Still despite me really only talking about the negatives here I did enjoy watching the series. The main character interactions were always fun to watch and had some nice monster designs, especially Aldebaran.

And again... you have got to be trolling me xD, they ended the anime with a lot of unanswered stuff, for example whats the corrosion rate on Enju after the Aldebaran incident, its gotta be dispairingly high, or for once what about Kagetane's past, all we know is he is someone who hates the world for the unfair treatment of cursed child, anything else such as circumstances is unknown.

I guess this is another irremediable case of "go read the novel"

ps: i give this 10/10 for the way it ended, i was gonna give it a 9/10 for the pace of character relationship development, but it turned out to be great even in (what i wrongly thought were) its weak points.

Okay, I never really got attached to this series because half the time it felt like it was all over the place. I'm just before the 20 minute mark of episode 13, the shocking scene had just happened and all I can say is "WTF", there was foreshadowing in a previous episode about Kisara having the scent of destruction and being easily influenced by the darkness and damn she was influenced enough to kill her own older brother. But yeah, that scene just came out of nowhere and she showed her even darker Yandere side, like she's always had the whole unstable thing with constantly fighting that weapons manufacturing girl about who's gonna get "Rentarou".

Anyways, I'm still kinda shocked by it but it won't be pushing the score for this series up, like the suicide of Miori and his students getting killed, it might be effective to some but I just didn't buy it...they were just ploys to get the viewers emotionally rallied but instead for me, I just felt like it was forced.

Some of the tracks for the OST are good but in general, I've found this anime to be kind of a bore....I mean I'm taking breaks from a 1-cour series, that tells a lot for me that this series really wasn't that great. I had followed the first 6 episodes weekly, took a break and came back to it a few days ago watched eps 7 to 9, took another break and today, I'm trying to finish this off.....this doesn't usually happen for me as I generally watch things in one go. I probably should have stuck with this show weekly, I might have appreciated it more.

It's kinda weird that the manga for this is finished, I wonder how it ends. As for the light novels, I would love to read them but I think they're only translated up to volume 2.

Just watched the last few minutes of it and it was good, yeah the train scene tried to make you "feel" but those last few minutes were good. The shocking scene was just weird for me but it showed us the general direction of where this series is heading. It's just weird for me to see that shit happen, I have a younger sister who is just annoying as hell....kinda makes think how she will go about killing me but yeah, the guy deserved to die, however, I would have preferred if it wasn't Kisara who did it but it was inevitable after seeing her eyes once she got that "report".

The show was a decent anime but it had quite a few episodes or a bunch of scenes that I felt were boring and straight up crap, I preferred the first half of the series than the second half of it. I'm giving it a 7/10.
rolleyes.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back