Bokuda!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

darkdog

-dredg
Retired
Hey everyone!

Those of you who have visited the AB Syndicate website should have read about this project by now: simply put, it's (going to be) an anime character creation app (as described at the AB Syndicate website).

It's finally time for an update.. there's not much to show yet, but there's enough to post a teaser, along with some extra info for you guys to know what to expect! So please watch the teaser, and let us know what you think..

Any feedback is welcome -- if you love or hate the idea, if you want a specific feature or a specific character's looks to be available, just let us know! This will be my main project for a while, so i'll be handling most of the bokuda-related stuff myself, btw.

i'm sorry there's so little to show.. i hope you enjoy it anyway.

you rock!!!! i love this idea. hope it will turn up well. i would like to suggest you make up some preset anime character. that way people can choose either to make a custom one or just use their favourite anime character.
biggrin.gif

o yea.. your teaser is very interesting and well made. good for you!!!
laugh.gif

that's some awesome work JP. Since then, most of us, especially those from the ABS, are really hyped about this program. Hopefully, this would become a really cool and unique feature for all of us, and for more projects to derive from the syndicate.

Speaking of which, we got to get together sometime, there's some stuffs that's been left untouched on my behalf
tongue.gif

Other than that, great preview. Hopefully it'll turn out great with as much functionality as possible

this idea is awesome.. i'll definately use this as soon as it's available.. it's not too little to show cause it's all we need to kno for now to get us looking forward to this.. i second hama's reply about it being a great preview.. this will definately require some hard work and time.. i wish you and the AB Syndicate the best of luck.. Kambate-nee
laugh.gif

this sound great, and from the teaser, quite fun
biggrin.gif

I can hardly wait for a working version
rolleyes.gif

In the meantime, best of luck to you in the making of this feature (I'm betting it's hard work)

thanks, everyone!:)

i'll be posting updates as soon as there's a reason to.. hopefully next weekend there'll be something else to show (not a working prototype yet, but at least some more drawn items)..

I wrote a post about this before. I guess I thought It would be some wild thing that can do all sorts of stuff. Unless I'm wrong and it will something cool like change it's face expression or blink. That would be crazy. The real challenge is recreating these famous anime characters and doing it well. Avatars are things people use to express themselves and to give themselves an image. If these Bokuda avatars don't par up to classic avatars from animes, they may just be an extra feature that wont be used. But there isn't enough info for me to draw conclusions. All I can say is, "I can't wait". I'm very intrigued about this feature
biggrin.gif

This reminds me of Nintendo Wii's Mii channel, where you make a character and it will represent you in later games. I'll definately check it out.
laugh.gif

yeah, even though the thought behind bokuda was not to just copy the Miis and do them anime style, that might be what ends up happening. The character creation thing isn't new, but we're planning on making the characters usable on a number of situations too.

well, today's plans are 3 sets of hair from Busou Renkin characters: Tokiko, Kazuki and Okakura (i just HAVE to do this last one
biggrin.gif
).. if you don't watch the series, you can see the characters here.

now i know what my hair's going to be XD

And if you keep it going at it like this, that's like.. multiple sets of hairs! whoa, it's like natural occurence... i'd love to see this in action once it comes up

This guy's hair looks great!
cyara_okakura_img.gif

laugh.gif
But unfortunately it's not what mine looks like.. It looks a little more like
cyara_kazuki_img.gif

But the front part is red and the back part's black.. Are you gonna add in the color feature where you can change certain parts of your hair color?.. The progress is sounding great

hmm.. making hair have more than one color is rather difficult, so i don't think it's gonna happen.. it's complex enough with one color plus highlights and shadows!

at this point, there are 3 layers of hair already, and i might add a 4th. one layer is the frontmost, which stands in front of all of the character's features. then there's the middle layer, which stands behind the character's face and ears, but in front of his body. Finally, there's another layer which is behind everything.

Making color transitions from layer to layer is quite hard, so unless i make some major change to a character's structure, it's not gonna happen, sorry..

Okakura's hair is just awesome, isn't it
biggrin.gif
i just couldn't help it, i HAD to do that guy's hair
smile.gif
i'll post pics when i'm done, i'm a bit behind schedule.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back