Calling All Musicians

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Apr 11 2008, 10:46 AM)I was in my high school band, but since I graduated I havent played an imstrument since. Most of my friends are from band, they are way more fanatic than me about it. I guess its because some of them want to pursue a musical career like being a band director.
Do you miss being in a band? Do you plan to buy any of your instruments and start playing again?

I couldn't imagine my life without my instruments ... guess that makes me a music fanatic.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Apr 11 2008, 12:19 AM)monsta666: Do you miss your instruments?
To be completely frank I miss playing in the choir more. Practising was more of a social occasion. Also as our school choir was pretty decent (we won competitions) we got to travel around more. Travelling with all your friends to different places was pretty fun in itself!
smile.gif
Singing in theatres was nerve ranking but pretty rewarding. Didn't do that as much with the double bass.

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Apr 11 2008, 01:53 AM)I couldn't imagine my life without my instruments ... guess that makes me a music fanatic.

I'm guessing your biggest passion is your instruments. I can appreciate art but I'm no good at it.
sad.gif
I'm not that gifted when it comes to creativity. But like you my biggest passion isn't anime.
ohmy.gif

I really miss it some times, when im bored tend to do the fingerings to a song on a pen, I also do it so I wont forget.
I have always been planing to buy my own instrument, what I really want is to buy a Euphonium but I will settle for a Trumpet.
For the moment the my cell phone is my replacemet instrument, I sometimes find it amazing what songs you can play with them but its kind of pathetic
sad.gif

Add me to the list! I play electric (just started to play) and acoustic guitar, I guess my stronger side is chords since I've played chords alot lately (acoustic), I'm currently learning electric guitar, but yeah I just plainly suck... I'm thinking of going back to my acoustic and try to get better at playing that one instead of learning electric guitar.
Oh well, favourite place to get notations is AnimeChords.com I guess? xD

it's been decades since I sang properly or played an instrument but I do miss it. If I had the money and patience I would definitely go back to learning either guitar, violin or piano (probably piano because I found it easiest). Yes I actually had musical talent back when I was younger inspite of what my singing is like now
laugh.gif

I used to play the clarinet, although I was really interested in the drums and the flute... "No Emi no, the clarinet!" So that's how it came to be but it's been so many years, I don't remember how to read music very well or to play. I also used to play the piano a bit, but just by ear mostly. I actually tried the guitar but my hands are too small for the one I have now so I can only play 'You are my Sunshine' on one string. xP

The only instrument I can consider now is my just my voice (used to be in a small but top winning choir), of course it would be nice to add along piano skills eventually. x:

My mother was a singer/dancer with an internationally known band before I was born. My mother quit right before the band made it really big and I think that she always regretting deciding to quit and have a family instead. My grandmother was a pianist that played with many bands and some of coworkers were well known. Although I trained with professional drummers, I never really had the talent and saved the world by not exposing it to my horrendous talentless sounds. I also had some childhood injuries that left me unable to play any other instrument than drums and another injury ended that option when I was thirteen. While I couldn't play the piano with my right hand, I do remember my grandmother teaching me to play with my left hand.

It saddens me though to see and hear very talented artists making incredible sound tracks and theme songs while many really untalented performers are making terrible knock-offs of other peoples styles and making ridiculously large amounts of cash. Other than that, I am happy that I didn't end up having the problems of the many rock stars that had to visit my grandmother probably as terms of their being out of prison or mental care. I never pried when my grandmother had a signed album by a band and she didn't talk about meeting them. But, I got a kick out of when she would pick up an eight track in my car and say what nice kids a famous rock band were. She never had anything bad to say about anybody.

I remembered several of my video / pinball game former coworkers who had to write interesting and addictive music and keep the total memory used as small as possible and they did it well. On the other hand, it is way to common to hear top musicians almost completely using samples from other artists as their music.

Chibeehh: I've added you to the list!
biggrin.gif

Gustav: I hope that you do get the opportunity to go back to music. I couldn't imagine my life without my musical instruments.
ph34r.gif

Emi-chan: The clarinet is a good instrument!
smile.gif
Do you think you'll ever return to playing the piano? My hands are also small so I also find the stretches when playing a guitar difficult. Performing with a group of skilled musicians is a wonderful experience!
happy.gif

snorky2k: It's unfortunate that circumstances kept you from pursuing music. With your background I can see how that would have been very difficult.

Our FTV Musos list:

33 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

I enjoyed playing the clarinet, I remember at first it was very hard to provide the proper sound, I would just blow and get an ewwy sound hehe.
Eventually of course it became natural and when I had been in my group band, my clarinet was the only wooden one, bwahaha.

I would very, very, very, much like to play the piano again. I'm just lacking a piano/keyboard! xD

Nahrallah, I love how you make the list so colorful :3~

QUOTE (Emi-chan @ Feb 02 2009, 07:56 PM)
Nahrallah, I love how you make the list so colorful :3~
Lol, agreed on that one Emi xD

Anyway... This baka *points at self* didn't know that voice counted as an instrument in this list xD Anyway, I sing kinda decent, can't reach the high tones because of my voice recently stopped developing in that annoying way (Geez, I wish I still could sound like a little girl xD) so my last resort in singing is... Ehm.. Well.... Trying to sing as loud as possible to make a high tone? (like nyanyanyan, whatever his name is, from Team Nekokan o_O;)

I just picked up the Violin again last month after 2 years of not playing. School and work left me with no time. Before that I played for 12 years. Wow! how much you forget from 2 years off. Since I'm a NEET at the moment (Stupid Economy) I might as well do something productive, so it's Violin and Japanese lessons
biggrin.gif

I do violin (11+ years), but I do little anime music. Mostly pick stuff up by ear - Gungrave ED would be a favourite. Lost My Music would be another good one. The only tab site I've used for jpn music was this: http://toho.iza-yoi.net/score.html (Touhou piano scores). I also frequent 911tabs for non-anime music.

I don't have any anime songs up atm, and probably won't anytime until fall (since I don't have an instrument atm), but feel free to check my youtube channel out: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ausdoerrt

Oh dear! I seem to have missed a few posts in this thread!
blink.gif
Sorry about the list update delay!
sad.gif

Emi-chan: I hope you manage to get your hands on piano and get the chance to play again! The colourful list was an attempt to colour code the instruments so that it was easier to see who plays what at a glance. It was good in theory perhaps.
tongue.gif

Chibeehh: Glad you like the colourful list too!
laugh.gif
I've altered your instruments to include voice.
smile.gif
Daily exercises can extend your vocal range over time. When your adult voice develops you often have to relearn certain aspects of your vocal production. Singing loudly to achieve high notes puts a lot of stain on your voice and could ultimately damage your vocal chords.

Antabaka84:I've added you to the list! Happily it doesn't take too long to get back into your instrument. Violin and Japanese lessons sounds like a great use of your time!
happy.gif

Ausdoerrt: You're now on the list!
smile.gif
Thanks for listing a new music site. I had fun looking at your YouTube videos. Wieniawski's Obertass Mazurka brought back memories for me!
laugh.gif

Our FTV Musos list:

35 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

It's been a while since the Fansub.TV Muso list was last added to. Have any new Musos been added to our ranks? Calling all Musos ... is there anybody out there?

Hey, back in the Golden days, did the FTV musicians ever do anything cool? Like Teamspeak performances or anything? Last I head, you are an awesome cellist, but as far as I know, you could have been lying just to make me think you were cool!
ohmy.gif
lol

I play acoustic guitar and little bit of electric guitar and drums.

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Dec 02 2009, 05:01 PM)Hey, back in the Golden days, did the FTV musicians ever do anything cool?  Like Teamspeak performances or anything?  Last I head, you are an awesome cellist, but as far as I know, you could have been lying just to make me think you were cool!    lol

I've performed on TS a number of times. Quite a few of us have. I might hop on TS and play some Christmas music next week if I get the chance. Voice, piano and violin are my primary instruments. I can play cello but I'm a long way from awesome! I don't get enough time to practice it so I'm very rusty.

QUOTE (koiji @ Dec 02 2009, 05:16 PM)I play the violin!
QUOTE (labk1ta @ Dec 02 2009, 06:00 PM)I play acoustic guitar and little bit of electric guitar and drums.

I've added both of you to the list.
happy.gif

I learnt how to play a basic rock beat and a basic swing beat on the drum kit but I don't think I can really count that as knowing how to play.
laugh.gif

Our FTV Musos list:

37 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

I play the piano and the keyboard.
I'm longing to play the violin, though.
I do play a bit of anime music. I'm learning "Dear You" from the Higurashi soundtrack right now on the keyboard and piano. :)

oh, and if this counts, I sing.

Welcome to the Fansub.TV Musos list Morbid Maverick.
happy.gif
I hope you get the chance to learn the violin in the not too distant future. It's a lovely, and convenient, instrument. Where do you get your anime music?

Our FTV Musos list:

38 active FTV musicians and 2 retired musicians.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back