Cartoon Network

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
whatch Fist of the North Star, or berserk... and then DBZ is definatly babyish.. unless u get the undedited version where they acctually say stuff like GO FU$% OFF you OLD PERVERTED GEEZER.... instead of... You are a good fighter, I honor you.... Guess it depends on which version u get :)

lol even the a toned down version for the conversations isn't babyish... I mean the show is basically all fighting with humor on the side. *coughs* im excluding those lame filler eps where they started to stretch everything with endless babble... something i've noticed is happening to naruto.

hell yhea.. but it still dun mess with the rest of the manag, all the way to the end of the first season.

Especially when garra becomes Kazakage and lays the smack down with his sand

QUOTE (sasha @ Feb 21 2005, 12:17 AM) Okay, 13-17 then. But it's still babyish.
Please compare it to the following (keep in mind that these versions were first screwed up by America and then by the Dutch dubbers, so we what we get is a double censorship and a triple translation):
- Hamtaro
- Card captor Sakura
- Sailor Moon
- Beyblade (possibly worst show ever)
- Yugioh (possibly worst show ever)
- Megaman battlenetwork (although so far the channel only has like 13 eps of it)
- Shaman king (same story as megaman)
- Medabots

I havent seen shaman king yet, so it might fit with the above 10 list without mne knowing it. I think this is a complete list.
happy.gif
Oh wait, there is also Shin Chan. Not sure where to put that. They changed it so little kids can watch it, but the humor is (imo) more adult oriented.
huh.gif

QUOTE (TNT @ Feb 22 2005, 03:14 AM) Please compare it to the following (keep in mind that these versions were first screwed up by America and then by the Dutch dubbers, so we what we get is a double censorship and a triple translation):
- Hamtaro
- Card captor Sakura
- Sailor Moon
- Beyblade (possibly worst show ever)
- Yugioh (possibly worst show ever)
- Megaman battlenetwork (although so far the channel only has like 13 eps of it)
- Shaman king (same story as megaman)
- Medabots

I havent seen shaman king yet, so it might fit with the above 10 list without mne knowing it. I think this is a complete list.
happy.gif
Oh wait, there is also Shin Chan. Not sure where to put that. They changed it so little kids can watch it, but the humor is (imo) more adult oriented.
huh.gif

Well those shows appear on Cartoon Network and Fox Kids (well they do over in the UK anyway except for CCS), what were you expecting? Of course they'll be toned down
dry.gif

UK is getting slightly better with Toonami that puts up Adult swim stuff like Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop (but these were shown like a year ago now and is constantly shown as reruns) We've also managed to get NGE, Nadesico, Blue Gender, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Fist of the North Star and Gasaraki shown here (but at stupid times of the day like 12am and 5:30am)

Fox kids doesnt excist anymore, its Jetix now. (here anyway)

Sailor moon, gundam wing, CCS, Beyblade and 009 are shown between 7:00 and 10:00 on saturday morning only, in that order. Not like that is such a great time.
sleep.gif

Cartoon Network here doesnt have any anime. All the shows you mentioned in your second paragraph have never been shown here.

sailor moon, uncensored is DEFINATLY not babyish.. hell there are parts of some series that are considered Hentai

Same with the first couple seris of Yu-Gi-Oh, in my oppinion... Getting killed or sent to hell for an eternity because you drew the wrong card is not something I can consider a child getting his head around :) but the later series tone that down alot

isn't ray-earth sailormoon? or something like that... and alot of anime that is even aimed towards younger audiences have more mature situations at times.. but sometimes its unavoidable perhaps o_O atleast not without making it completely childish like teletubbies or something....... but i wouldn't let my kids watch that disturbing show LOL

QUOTE (nekronos @ Feb 22 2005, 09:55 PM) isn't ray-earth sailormoon?
RayEarth yah mean? the manga that became an anime by Clamp? Naoko Takeuchi(sp?) is who wrote Sailor Moon I think (Don't quote me on that since I never read the Sailor Moon manga series. If so, those are two dif series, tho I guess you could find some similarities in it...

RayEarth --> 4 girls, one world to save
Sailor Moon ---> 5 Girls, trying to save the world (we will avoid the later series when just the world isn't in line)

Blah blah blah blah blah... but I must say i like RayEarth better... I've always liked Clamp's work tho... Like Chobits ect ect.

QUOTE (Studan @ Feb 21 2005, 01:45 PM) whatch Fist of the North Star, or berserk... and then DBZ is definatly babyish.. unless u get the undedited version where they acctually say stuff like GO FU$% OFF you OLD PERVERTED GEEZER.... instead of... You are a good fighter, I honor you.... Guess it depends on which version u get :)
Well, FUNimation is coming up with the DBZ: Sayians Saga and Namek Saga uncut. That I'm not that happy about, but still I will get 'em, but isn't going to be limited just like Sailor Moon uncut DVDs that ADV have produce?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back