Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie(2011)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 22 2009, 08:22 AM) (all his post)
dude, you probally just set off like 20 FBI/CIA alarms lol, now they are probally going to be monitoring this site for awhile because u used several key names in the same post
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (ChileanNacho @ Jan 21 2009, 12:55 PM) I don't know where you crazies get the idea that Brad Pitt would make a good Spike. It's beyond me. Yes, he's a wonderful actor. But again, I don't think he'd fit the role. For starters, do you really see Brad Pitt pulling off the kind of martial arts that Spike displays in the series? And he definetly doesn't look the part. Spike has a long face. Brad Pitt, man-candy that he is, has chiseled features etc etc
mmm... first off, I think it would be a very bad idea to base actor selection based off of how much like the original characters they look like. It's really difficult to find real people who look like highly-stylized anime characters, and that really limits the acting potential going just off of looks.

And secondly, have you never seen Fight Club? Brad Pitt pulls of some seriously crazy stuff in there! Getting the fighting scenes down wouldn't be a problem for him. Plus, I think he could get the character down great. Pitt always does a great job in action-packed, pseudo-philosophical movies, and Bebop would fit the bill perfectly. I'm not saying Brad Pitt would be the perfect actor for the job, but he'd definitely do a great job with it, and having such a famous actor on the movie would definitely get it more recognition, which I can only see as a good thing.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 22 2009, 10:59 AM)Oh yes she can! You are probably only familiar with Princess Diaries Anne Hathaway, but haven't yet been exposed to Havoc Anne Hathaway. Bad girl. Very bad girl!
Yes, Anne does do a good job playing the bad girl... but I still can't really picture her playing Faye. I don't know though, she is a much more robust actress than most people give her credit for. I do think that she could pull it off.

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Jan 22 2009, 12:35 PM)
mmm... first off, I think it would be a very bad idea to base actor selection based off of how much like the original characters they look like. It's really difficult to find real people who look like highly-stylized anime characters, and that really limits the acting potential going just off of looks.

And secondly, have you never seen Fight Club? Brad Pitt pulls of some seriously crazy stuff in there! Getting the fighting scenes down wouldn't be a problem for him. Plus, I think he could get the character down great. Pitt always does a great job in action-packed, pseudo-philosophical movies, and Bebop would fit the bill perfectly. I'm not saying Brad Pitt would be the perfect actor for the job, but he'd definitely do a great job with it, and having such a famous actor on the movie would definitely get it more recognition, which I can only see as a good thing.

I'll agree you can't base it all on looks, but it has to be part of the equation. Otherwise we could end up with like... Steve Buscemi playing Jet or John Goodman for Spike.
Gross exagerations, but you catch my drift.

Anyway, You can't look at the fighting in Fight Club as a reference for deciding if Brad Pitt is good for the role of Spike. What they do in Fight Club is brawl. What we see in Cowboy Bebop is martial arts.
As for the looks, I threw that in there as a icing on the cake.
I don't think Brad Pitt is cut out for the role. From the roles that Pitt has played, you can divide them into two general sections: Serious Brad Pitt and Quirky Brad Pitt. We see the former in movies like Seven, Babel, Troy, Benjamin Button etc. And we see the latter in movies like Fight Club, Burn After Reading, Snatch, 12 monkeys, or the Ocean's movies.
Serious Pitt is just well... too serious... for the role of Spike, and his Quirky side...I could see him getting Spikes little quirks and mannerisms down, but there's a lot more to Spike than that.

Anywho, the only thing recognition does for a movie, specially when it's this kind of project, is determine how many critics will care enouhg to rip it a new one. It does nothing for the quality of the movie. Hell, it may even be harmful to the movie. With recognition comes higher expectations, not only from the audience bbut from the studios involved etc etc. And with those expectations comes the pressure to do something that pleases rather than something that's good.
I say this movie is better off staying as a little, barely noticeable speck in hollywood's radar.

Oh wow, this is surprising but I think if they do it right it could be awesome.
As much as a good actor Anne Hathaway is, I don't think she would fit the part of Faye.
It needs to be looks and skills and I think Milla Jovovich fits the part almost perfectly. She has the eyes, looks good in any hair color, and she has the shiny pale body which usually looks pretty good in those strange outfits. The only thing lacking in the looks would be her chest area... but as I've seen in other movies before, it's a pretty easy fix. She also has the gun skills and such so she's my pick. o:

Bruce Willis would be a really good fit for Jet, he would be able to play the character's personality well and his looks match up nice.

I think Keanu Reeves could possibly play Spike well, although I'm not sure and I haven't thought of anyone else who could play him yet. x:

I don't think it would be impossible to get to a good actress for Ed. Abigail Breslin has the talent but not the looks, Edward is pretty tan with brown eyes. It might be a hard search but they would just need to find the right girl that's pretty close to the looks and most importantly has the talent. This unknown Indian girl seems pretty close to the looks of Ed.
http://swamij.com/images/asim/asim03.jpg
Look isn't impossible but the talent will be haaarrd.

They may not even try to be exact on looks though... I don't mind at all if they don't look dead on but as long as they attempt to be pretty close and bring the characters to life with their amazing acting skillz, I should be satisfied.

Hm, I wonder if they'll use Juila. o:

It's cool that he's enthusiastic about making this movie. Who knows it might not turn out that bad, especially since Sunrise has the authority to reject terrible scripts. I'm curious to see how it'll all turn out...

BTW i found out who is playing Faye.

It's Man Faye. lol j/k

Anyway i don't think Keanu is cut out for Spike. He just doesn't have the spazz and the jazz. Face it, his best role so far was Gort.

Also, if it were Quentin Tarantino as the director i think this would've had a chance of being as great as the original is. Sadly, with memories of DBZ Evolution in mind, i'm quite troubled.

I just got a glimpse of what Keanu as Spike might look like.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back