Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie(2011)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Uz3r013

-sama "The Great Ero King"
Retired
cowboybebopxv8.jpg

Wow...really?

I have mixed feelings about this... They finnally picked a good anime to make a live action film of, but...will they #$%& it up? Its hollywood, and a high profile actor, it must be getting a decent budget. Im gunna hope it all goes well ;D

I wonder who they are going to get for faye valentine?

I got a feeling its going to be Angelena Jolie... Shes the only actress i thhink could fit the role. Unless they get sum nameless girl. Hmmm maybe Milan Jovovich. Oh well, gunna keep an eye on this one.

Keanu Reeves is involved in the production, but him playing Spike isn't written in stone yet. He probably will though.
sad.gif

{Ted Voice}"Whoa, Jet. I'm like totally gunna get Vicious."{/Ted voice}

Might I suggest Anne Hatheway to play Faye-Faye? She's got the legs for the outfit. And they should use Zoic Studios, the guys who did Firefly and BSG, for the visual effects.

In any case, I'm sure they will screw it up big-time.

I'm glad to see that many of the people involved in the production of the anime will have some form of production role in the movie, although that doesn't mean that they wont botch the whole thing.
But still...

...I don't think I could stand for Keanu Reeves playing Spike since well, Keanu Reeves plays Keany Reeves in every movie he's ever been in T_T

Dang, this is awesome! It think this could be a very, very good movie. I'm sure they'll have to do some major adaptation to make it work on the big screen. I don't think it will work if they try to copy the series to a tee. The magic happens when the writers, producers, and actors are familiar enough with the series and what it's all about that they can hold true to the feel of Bebop even with the changes.

Hmm, I don't know about keanu reeves though. I can't see him playing spike, I don't know that he'd do the part justice... but from what I've read, it doesn't seem like he's been set in stone as Spike.

This film has got some real potential to be great. So many animes make it impossible to do a decent live-action adaptation, simply because the thing that makes them great can't be copied outside of the format. But I think Cowboy Bebop could be done very well. Then again, it would be very easy to botch it up... I just hope they put some serious work into it and hold true to it. Dang, I'm excited.
biggrin.gif

ooh, and Uz3r013, I think Brad Pitt would make a great Spike. ...I don't know about Faye Valentine though...

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 19 2009, 08:55 AM)Keanu Reeves is involved in the production, but him playing Spike isn't written in stone yet. He probably will though.

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Jan 19 2009, 07:32 PM)but from what I've read, it doesn't seem like he's been set in stone as Spike.
maybe you mean you read it here? lol

QUOTE (ChileanNacho @ Jan 19 2009, 10:21 AM)I'm glad to see that many of the people involved in the production of the anime will have some form of production role in the movie, although that doesn't mean that they wont botch the whole thing.
But still...

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Jan 19 2009, 07:32 PM)
This film has got some real potential to be great. So many animes make it impossible to do a decent live-action adaptation, simply because the thing that makes them great can't be copied outside of the format. But I think Cowboy Bebop could be done very well. Then again, it would be very easy to botch it up...

sorry egg, but i swear i felt i read the whole thread in ur post lol.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 19 2009, 09:50 PM) maybe you mean you read it here? lol
nah, I did a little searching on something called the "internet". It really an amazing thing, the internet.

QUOTE sorry egg, but i swear i felt i read the whole thread in ur post lol.
Well geez, I'm sorry if I happen to agree with some others here. I'm sorry if my use of the words "botch" and "stone" offended you in any way, but last I checked, it is no crime to voice an opinion, so matter how popular. Please, it's very obnoxious and in very bad form to nit-pick posts like that. Try discussing the topic instead; it shouldn't be tough, since you seem to be the one who started it.

EDIT: Now now Gustav, we both know there's nothing wrong with keeping threads on-topic. As sempais, it's our civic duty to help maintain peace an order at FTV. Now let's never speak of this again.
tongue.gif

Dont make me have to seperate you 2 because I'm not a subtle person so if I HAVE to I'll use rather large sword to do it
wink.gif

You should both know better
smile.gif

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Jan 20 2009, 03:30 PM) nah, I did a little searching on something called the "internet".  It really an amazing thing, the internet.

Well geez, I'm sorry if I happen to agree with some others here.  I'm sorry if my use of the words "botch" and "stone" offended you in any way, but last I checked, it is no crime to voice an opinion, so matter how popular.  Please, it's very obnoxious and in very bad form to nit-pick posts like that.  Try discussing the topic instead; it shouldn't be tough, since you seem to be the one who started it.
no offense taken
rolleyes.gif

And I ment no insult with my post
tongue.gif
, i just thot it was funny you used the same words/phrases as the other people in this thread. THere not very common words/phrases and stick out when others copy them.

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 20 2009, 03:45 PM)Dont make me have to seperate you 2 because I'm not a subtle person so if I HAVE to I'll use  rather large sword to do it
You should both know better

and i have a very nice pen, and we all know how that story goes
tongue.gif

FYI: the pen cost 30 dollars.
biggrin.gif
and yeah it was worth it, its a very kickass pen
cool.gif

added this to post 1:
cowboybebopxv8.jpg

Good news: Director Shinichiro Watanabe and writter Keiko Nobumoto from the original Cowboy Bebop series by Sunrise will be closely involved with the development of Fox’s live-action adaptation.

That gives me sum serious good hope for this.

THis doesnt:
fayevalentinecostumeveroy2.jpg

I hope this isnt the girl pl;aying faye
blink.gif
Shes not
tongue.gif

Got an idea, how about the girl from Transporter 1.

off-topic but Uz3r I believe the original phrase for what you;re thinking is:
Doctrina fortior Armis=Knowledge is more powerful than strength

I'm personally of the opinion that they'd be better off using less well-known actors for most anime adaptations

it's not even about being well known or not.
they just need actors that fit the role

if not for his horrible acting skills (or rather, not so varied), i think keanu reeves would be a fine choice. Put a fro on him and you got Spike. He is a dedicated actor, he goes the extra mile, specially when it comes to getting choreographies right... but his style of acting just doesn't suit the role, I think.

Been trying to think, and I can't really think of anyone who'd fit the role of Spike to perfection.

I don't know where you crazies get the idea that Brad Pitt would make a good Spike. It's beyond me. Yes, he's a wonderful actor. But again, I don't think he'd fit the role. For starters, do you really see Brad Pitt pulling off the kind of martial arts that Spike displays in the series? And he definetly doesn't look the part. Spike has a long face. Brad Pitt, man-candy that he is, has chiseled features etc etc

I'm more concerned about who they'd get to play the support roles though... specially Ed. In fact... I think they'll have to go Gollum on that one and CGI it.

A real-life Ed is an impossibility. lol.

You know when I first opened this thread, and looked at the picture posted in the first post, I didn't even notice Keanu's face being photoshopped in there
laugh.gif
does that mean that in my eyes he fits the role perfectly?!
No, probably I need to focus more on the details. I'm still not convinced that this will adapt well on the big screen...
Also like, AccipiterF1, I also thought of Anne Hathaway to play Faye. My first thought was Angelina Jolie but... man she's getting kinda old (Angie fans, don't kill me) Then I tried to think of other young actresses, and she came to mind... especially after I saw a trailer for Rachel getting Married and her hair is kinda short there and I thought hey she could pull Faye off.
Although thinking of an Ed is impossible, I agree...
Brad Pitt as Spike... errr.....can't really see that. What about Christian Bale?! Well, I just love Christian Bale in everything he does so I'm totally biased here
wub.gif

Anne Hathaway might be able to pull of the role, but she has this "good girl" vibe about her. I dont think she has ever had a role as the "bad girl"

Here are sum alternative ideas for Faye:
Gabrielle Anwar coincidently enough, she plays a character in a tv show nicknamed faye
tongue.gif

Selma Blair also has good poteniel
Milla Jovovich is my final idea. she has done the whole sci-fi thing, and could pull off the role well.

Ed is a toughie, but i could see Abigail Breslin taking up the role. otherwise there probally gunna have to use sum new talent for her, because any experienced actor is gunna be too old
rolleyes.gif

How about Bruce Willis for Jet?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 22 2009, 12:58 AM) so....so much for the original Bebop
CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-21/producer/live-action-cowboy-bebop-will-not-be-origin-story
Well that actually makes me happier. If I actually wanted an origin story that would expand on the series, I would prefer it to be another anime. I want the live-action movie to be more of a stand alone story, similar to how the Cowboy Bebop movie is. As for it not being a completely original story and being partly based on the "red eye" story......well that's been known for a while.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 21 2009, 11:11 PM) Anne Hathaway might be able to pull of the role, but she has this "good girl" vibe about her. I dont think she has ever had a role as the "bad girl"
You should see the commercial for her new movie Rachel's Getting Married, she plays a crazy person
laugh.gif
this is the 2nd time I've mentioned that movie, I feel like I'm promoting it lol but I really think she could pull it off.
And also, I don't mind if it will be a standalone, rather than an origin story, like Barbo I think it's better that way. Although I don't remember what this red eye business is... I think I'll have to rewatch it.. (actually I never finished Cowboy Bebop... I stopped at ep 20, shame on me, what kind of otaku am I....)
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Jan 22 2009, 05:32 AM) You should see the commercial for her new movie Rachel's Getting Married, she plays a crazy person
laugh.gif
this is the 2nd time I've mentioned that movie, I feel like I'm promoting it lol but I really think she could pull it off.
And also, I don't mind if it will be a standalone, rather than an origin story, like Barbo I think it's better that way. Although I don't remember what this red eye business is... I think I'll have to rewatch it.. (actually I never finished Cowboy Bebop... I stopped at ep 20, shame on me, what kind of otaku am I....)
rolleyes.gif

wha-wha-wha-what?!?! Homework assignment Julez, go finish Cowboy Bebop this instant. And the red eye story is actually the very first episode of the series.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 21 2009, 05:11 PM) Anne Hathaway might be able to pull of the role, but she has this "good girl" vibe about her. I dont think she has ever had a role as the "bad girl"
Oh yes she can! You are probably only familiar with Princess Diaries Anne Hathaway, but haven't yet been exposed to Havoc Anne Hathaway. Bad girl. Very bad girl!

Selma Blair isn't a bad idea and she should be available since her horrid sitcom is due to be cancelled any minute now.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back