Crash, Restoration & Renewal

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
The website and database server went down early morning on Wednesday October 25th, 2006. Due to the loss of data recovery options, we were not able to access our daily backups.

We're not sure exactly what happened nor is the datacenter willing to look into the issue. Therefore, we have moved to another company that can hopefully provide us better and more stable service. The new server costs three times more than the old one, but hopefully will give us fewer problems.

The most recent copy that we had available was from Tuesday October 18th. Due to a new system configuration, please report any problems that you notice in the Troubleshooting and Support forums.

Thank you for your patience during the last two days.
Daft

Glad this place is back, that other forum really sucked
tongue.gif
lol

You all are doing a great job, most web sites probably would take this as a chance to go down for weeks and use the money as a excuse.

how many severs does it take to run the web site, and host all those anime episodes? Did you have to move every one.

Good as new. I'm glad to see everything working like it used to.
Good job, y'all!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 27 2006, 08:11 PM)Thank you for your patience during the last two days.
Daft
biggrin.gif
Glad to see you're back and up again . May you have much success for all your efforts and hardwork .
biggrin.gif

But can you serve tree times as many ads to pay for it?

Still, better up than down as they say.

Did everyone lose their avatars or was it just me this time?
Or maybe everyone else is just quick at getting theirs uploaded again?

QUOTE (wittyfox @ Oct 27 2006, 09:58 PM) Glad this place is back, that other forum really sucked
tongue.gif
lol

You all are doing a great job, most web sites probably would take this as a chance to go down for weeks and use the money as a excuse.

how many severs does it take to run the web site, and host all those anime episodes? Did you have to move every one.
At the very moment, Fansub.TV is using four dedicated servers and two shared/virtualized servers. There are also two additional servers that we use for collaboration and source code control. Added up, that comes to about 8 servers that FTV is spread across right now.

Now if you take into consideration the five decomissioned distribution servers (aoba, kanna, luna, seras and sora) as well as the two-three load-balanced+backup webservers that were used previously... Fansub.TV has used at least 15 servers in the past two years.

Do you know how hard it is to keep track of anime and download stuff without BitTorrent and Fansub.TV? In these last two days, I was reminded of the reason why I started this site in the first place. Unlike many other places out there, the Fansub.TV team that runs the website actually uses the website! We don't do things that we think users will like... we do things that we know users will like. How? It's not because we're psychic... it's because we are the users. Who would've thought?
smile.gif

No, we didn't move all of the servers. We just moved the most important one.

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Oct 27 2006, 11:26 PM)But can you serve tree times as many ads to pay for it?
Probably not, but we've been in the gutter before and we're still here.

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Oct 27 2006, 11:26 PM)Did everyone lose their avatars or was it just me this time?
Or maybe everyone else is just quick at getting theirs uploaded again?

This should answer your question:

QUOTE (KitTsukasa (temp forums))The site is now back up and running with the October 17th history cache. Individual avatars need to be re-uploaded

QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 27 2006, 10:28 PM) At the very moment, Fansub.TV is using four dedicated servers and two shared/virtualized servers.  There are also two additional servers that we use for collaboration and source code control.  Added up, that comes to about 8 servers that FTV is spread across right now.

Unlike many other places out there, the Fansub.TV team that runs the website actually uses the website!  We don't do things that we think users will like... we do things that we know users will like.  How? It's not because we're psychic... it's because we are the users. 
Probably not, but we've been in the gutter before and we're still here.
Fansub.TV , really do appreciate your dedication to the site , to anime and to the fans of anime . I assume with the new servers on board , expenses will increase ? Aside from making donations , are there other ways fans can be of help to keep you in the black ?
wink.gif

Yes you can volunteer to be Borged. Many fansub TV members are now part of the huge server cluster, servicing HTTP requests by whistling v42bis tones into telephones donated by wellwishers.

SteampunkTV - that's what it should be called.

Glad to see both the website and the forum back up and running again.
smile.gif

I hope we can sort out the money problmen though. Ir seems oddto me that the company didnt want to look into the problem.
huh.gif

You're AWESOME! Got the forum back in no time! Great Job!
biggrin.gif

just to let you know that even those you had a back up to October 17, 2006, what i was doing is that every 5 days i would just copy and paste your whole front page, and mail that image to myself in the form of a yahoo e-mail, so i know every tile you did have listed from the 17 to the 20 of october, just in case something like this would happen, so i will tell you which files are missing!!!!!!!!

Here were the Excact listing from the 20th down to the 15th, i was actually in the middle of doing the 25th to the 20th when the error happens, but i backup animesuki and http://www.tokyotosho.com, (at least the public display part, not any actually hard data, since i have no access to their hard drives)so i can give you every title from the 20th to today the 28th of October, i did this becuase i love this site so much, i did not want any chance of it being hacked again so it is better to be safe than sorry, in fact i am surprised the fansub tv itself was not doing this, becuase it's free

New Recent Releases

Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ 2
10/20 | C1Anime

Flag 4
10/20 | Shinsen-Subs

Sumomo mo momo mo 2
10/20 | Megami-Anime

Kanon (2006) 3
10/20 | The Wafflehouse

The Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas 3
10/20 | Doremi-Fansubs

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru 2
10/20 | Gnu-Fansubs

Ayatsuri Sakon 16
10/20 | Ayatsuri Sakon Project

Yoake mae yori ruriiro na 3
10/19 | Your Mom

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge 2
10/19 | KissSub

Death Note 3
10/19 | Toriyama's World

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 87
10/19 | Central Anime

Red Garden 2
10/19 | gg Fansubs

Hataraki Man 1
10/19 | Arienai

Candy Candy 1
10/18 | Lililicious

Black Jack 21 15
10/18 | DigitalPanic

Welcome to the NHK 15
10/18 | ToyBox

Tonagura! 6
10/18 | Ryoumi

Pumpkin Scissors 3
10/18 | Eclipse Productions

Inukami! 16
10/18 | Mendoi Fansubs

The Third 12
10/18 | Ayu

Eyeshield 21 49
10/18 | Saizen

La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ 1
10/18 | Shoku-dan

Super Robot Wars OG - Divine Wars 2
10/18 | Spirits of Steel

Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko TV 25
10/18 | Arienai

D.Gray-man 3
10/18 | SD Project

Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! 1
10/17 | Infinite-Zero

Capeta 27
10/17 | Anime-Empire

Digimon Savers 22
10/17 | Lady Kitsune

KIBA 29
10/17 | Kyuuketsuki

Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi 1
10/17 | Lunar Anime

Busou Renkin 2
10/17 | Kyuuketsuki

Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 3
10/17 | gg Fansubs

Negima!? 2
10/17 | Mahora-Fansubs

Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z 13
10/17 | Tv-Nihon

Bartender 1
10/16 | Studio ADTRW

Nana 22
10/16 | IY4Ever

Tactical Roar 11
10/16 | Yoroshiku

Tactical Roar 10
10/16 | Yoroshiku

Ring ni Kakero 1: Nichibei Kessen Hen 2
10/16 | Shinsen-Subs

Bokura ga Ita 15
10/16 | The Triad

Stratos4 Advance OVA 7
10/15 | Static-Subs

Night Head Genesis 12
10/15 | Shinsen-Subs

Asatte no Houkou 2
10/15 | Lunar Anime

The Snow Queen 7
10/15 | Live-eviL

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyoushou~ 20
10/15 | C1Anime

GeGeGe no Kitarou 1
10/15 | ezLizard

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 1
10/15 | gg Fansubs

Kamisama Kazoku 13
10/15 | Kamisabu

the last tile you have before the failure was Bartender 1 10/16 | Studio ADTRW so you just have to add Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z 13 10/17 | Tv-Nihon , then go up the list since it goes from past to then current, so you will be adding the files upward, once you do that i glady help you fill the other remaining gaps,

plus i also back up some indivuidal titles decriptions pages and how many epiosdes there were prior to the crash and how many their should be now as of today, but i list the missing epiosde for these titles per their indivuialo title threads, and tell kit and the other major people here which treads need to be recreated, if any of them were forgotten, so i am glady proud to do my part in bringing this site back to it's former glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is completely useless info but if you look at the anime/manga forum index the last post in the Suzumiya Haruhi thread is stated to be on Oct 11, 01:44 AM, but if you look at the actual thread you will see I managed to post to it on Oct 27 2006, 06:48 PM whilst the forum index was still down. (I don't know if those times at GMT or US time). (Admittedly I may well have had the help of Suzumiya Haruhi.)

For my next trick I will make the ftv servers proof from any more Mikuru beam attacks such as smote them last week. As you can see below, I now have Tomo keeping an eye on them, they won't dare crash again whilst she's around.

QUOTE The new server costs three times more than the old one, but hopefully will give us fewer problems.

practically says it all
wink.gif

The front page of FansubTV looks really nice , very colorful and better organized , much better than before . I know a lot of work must have gone into it . Great job !
biggrin.gif
Money's worth this site for sure .
wink.gif

I dont really see the difference other then the fact most of the pictures are there when usually you cant see them. So I guess it looks more organized, or some would say more cluttered....

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back