Create a Fansub.TV Blog!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've got my blog in my signature *points down in hopes that the signature will appear after this post*, but I do think it would be useful if it was also in the user profile. That way I could just click on someone I'm interested in and get a link to their blog(s) if they have one/some. The blogs are already attached to our username and account here on the forums, so it should be possible to make it automatic, right?

Hmm, also, just got another comment and still no e-mails. Iuno whats wrong, but it's making me cry T_T I want auto-updates!! >_>

QUOTE (Noshi @ Feb 25 2008, 03:48 PM) Btw, could we make the fansub.tv/blog.php page in a way that it shows only the first part of every new post? (and at the end of every post a link to the whole entry, or a button that'll show the whole entry?)

It might be handy and you don't have to scroll through long entries when searching for smaller ones. And maybe this way we can fit more entries on one page?
Done as suggested.

Well i have given it a go as well, not that great in css or rather ignorant but I'll try it out and give feedback on what i can. It's a great addition to the site so cheers daft.

I think that the idea of having blogs are amazing but I'm having a slight problem with them at the moment. Ever since the layout change so that the main blog page only shows a portion of the post I haven't been able to access any blog post or any blog for that matter. I get a blank white screen and the page is done loading. I have tried to clear my cache with no effect and also tried changing the URL to see if the URLs are wrong. It is obvious that they aren't since people are still posting to their blogs and there also seem to be comments coming in.

I have also tried rerouting my connection through Tor which doesn't fix the problem.

**EDIT: It works in Internet explorer which I never really use. It used to work before in Firefox so maybe a restart will fix it.

in the drop-down menu at the top there is a typo in the Comments tab
the links in there are named: 'name of person' om 'name of post'

also, I am unable to click any links from the drop-down menu
when I go to the tab it shows the links, but when I go to click on one of the links the menu disappears

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12
haven't tried IE, dunno which Java I'm running, and it's late at night, if you want me to give them a test, I'll do it tomorrow XD

I just have a problem when I try to subscribe to someone else's blog. I click the subscribe link and then it brings me to my dashboard, but when I click the subscribed blogs tab it says I'm not subscribed to any.

Was also wondering how the friend's list and such works. I see a tab for Friend's Blogs and Friends List, but I have no clue how to add people.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Feb 26 2008, 04:41 PM) I think that the idea of having blogs are amazing but I'm having a slight problem with them at the moment. Ever since the layout change so that the main blog page only shows a portion of the post I haven't been able to access any blog post or any blog for that matter. I get a blank white screen and the page is done loading. I have tried to clear my cache with no effect and also tried changing the URL to see if the URLs are wrong. It is obvious that they aren't since people are still posting to their blogs and there also seem to be comments coming in.

I have also tried rerouting my connection through Tor which doesn't fix the problem.

**EDIT: It works in Internet explorer which I never really use. It used to work before in Firefox so maybe a restart will fix it.
There was a bug in the auto-registration code that prevented people who didn't have blog accounts ... but were logged into Fansub.TV from properly viewing any blogs. It should be fixed now, thanks for mentioning it langes01x. The new code was put in primarily to allow qualified Fansub.TV members to comment without creating a blog.

Also I've noticed that posts I made on my blog aren't appearing on the recent blog posts list. I made one over 20 hours ago and it isn't there. Do we just not see our own blog posts under the recent posts or is there something I have to do to get mine to be on that list or is it just malfunctioning in some way?

You can definitely see your own blog posts (I can see mine). Although, it did take a few hours for mine to show up in the list.

I can say though, that I don't see any new blog posts from you since Sunday...

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 27 2008, 05:19 PM) Also I've noticed that posts I made on my blog aren't appearing on the recent blog posts list. I made one over 20 hours ago and it isn't there. Do we just not see our own blog posts under the recent posts or is there something I have to do to get mine to be on that list or is it just malfunctioning in some way?
Your privacy settings may be preventing the site from picking up your posts.

I changed my privacy settings now. It was set to block search engines before so hopefully it will work from now on.

Edit: K, it's working now. My blog is on the list of recently updated and my posts are there.

Hop aboard Daft’s Fansub.TV blog train! You’ll be glad if you do. Even if you’ve never blogged before why not join up and give it try?

More free Fansub.TV fun for all!

If you aren’t sure how to go about it then post your questions here. If you’d prefer then you can send me a PM. I’m sure that all the bloggers will be more than happy to lend you a hand.

Fansub.TV Bloggers want YOU!

I just made a blog, and when I tried changing my header image in css I got the alert "! Innstillingene for egendefinert utseende er lagret."
I don't even know what language that is, let alone what it says!

Anyway my attempt to alter the image didn’t work, but then looking at the source of the resultant blog page I discovered that it prefaces your own css with
CODE body {
which effectively neutralises it. By putting a "}" at the start of my own CSS I managed to close this hanging body tag and my CSS then worked.

Blog u say....I WANT TO DO IT!! *raises hand enthusatically*
laugh.gif

So, can I join ?
unsure.gif

P.S. PM if you can plz.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 08 2008, 12:51 PM)Blog u say....I WANT TO DO IT!! *raises hand enthusatically*
laugh.gif

So, can I join ?
unsure.gif

P.S. PM if you can plz.
biggrin.gif

Any Fansub.TV member can join in and create their very own Fansub.TV blog.
happy.gif

1.) Make sure that you are logged in and go to the Fansub.TV Blogs signup page
2.) Enter a Blog Name: (eg. mine is - Nahrallah)
3.) Enter a Blog Title: (eg. mine is - Muso at work! ^.^)
4.) Decided if you want your blog to appear in search engines and select yes or no.
5.) Click Create Blog >>

After these steps your new blog will be created. The URL will be http://blog.fansub.tv/your-blog-name/ (eg. mine is http://blog.fansub.tv/nahrallah/)

• To write a post select new post from the write drop down menu at the top of the page. (You can also add a static page if you select new page)
• If you want instant blog entries then you can import your posts from Fansub.TV, Blogger, LiveJournal and a few other sites -
* From the menu select your-blog-name then Dashboard. Click on the Manage tab then the Import tab.

As wittyfox mentioned elsewhere, a post preview would be nice, at present you just have to publish and then edit it afterwards if it didn't come out right. It's not a big deal but it would help when you're not sure whether you're doing things right.

Re. the import fansub.tv posts, does this only work on an empty blog? I tried doing it after writing my first blog entry and although it reported success, I don't see any of my ftv posts there. I know I haven't been posting that much in the anime section recently, but I'm sure I've posted more than nothing in the last few months...

can anyone post a short tutorial on how to get a music player on your blog? i went around on the options and found some stuff that supposedly you can manipulate but i dont want to go fudging around with something i dont know how to use
ph34r.gif

Okay, so I know have a blog, but I don't seem to be able to subscribe to other blogs. Does anyone know how, or is it currently not possible? When I got to another blog and choose to subscribe, it brings me to my dashboard, and I see that Barbobot was having the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back