Date a Live

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Silendris

Kouhai
I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd create one. If there already exist one more official, please redirect me there.
(Includes quite some spoilers. If you haven't watched up to the second episode you might not want to read past this line.)

This show seem to be hitting it off quite directly. You get thrown right into the action. No deeper introductions of any of the characters. I am still not sure who this show is aimed to be about apart from obvious protagonist-kun (whose name I've not yet learned. -___-).
It seem to hold some comedic factors as his life more an more has become a real life dating simulator with probably the creepiest bunch of people behind the wheels, lead by none less than his imouto-chan. -____-

His sister, who started off cute as can be and had me smiling widely from the very start of the show rapidly turned into a cold-hearted space captain-thingy. I am very disappointed! This is not kawaii! >____<

Princess-chan has more and more filled that slot though! I was shocked indeed when she let her guard down in this second of episodes! From such a character I'd expect nothing more than the trivial mecha attitude which EVERYONE who more or less fit her description has. I was prepared for a cold-hearted, emotion-hating bitch which he'd almost have to physically force into a lovey-dovey situation.
Though as merely spawned out of a hole (just like dwarves! It's seriously much more fun if you believe dwarves spawns from holes instead of being birthed) I can only guess she's pretty much a normal girl. But since her history is filled of 100% hostile interactions I understand that she might come of as a robot because she's plainly inexperienced with human interaction. Though she seem real adorable and like a person who I will support fully! ^____^

Date a Live. Pretty much a dating simulator coming alive with quite the creepy, questionable players. Please look forward to the next episode!

Might as well help make this thread official then:

Itsuka Shido is a high school boy. On the last day of the spring holidays, an explosion destroys the town and a girl in armor appears in front of him. Shido's sister-in-law, Kotori, tells him that the girl is called "Special Disasterous Designated Creature: Spirit", which causes a timespace quake. Kotori disclosed that she is the commander of the anti-spirit organization Ratatosk and orders him to go out on a date with the spirit girl. Kotori says, "I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."

(Source: MAL)

Wolfie's Sense: For some reason I kind of like the idea it is trying to do here. Main guy having a imotou that clings to him at first but becomes your typical tsundere girl later, and manages to come across a Spirit that suddenly looks like she has a thing for at the moment. Top it all off with having to take everything at face value without a full explianation only means there will be a lot of fighting involved somehow.

For some reason I want to say that this is the kind of series when the Grail War from the Fate series somehow went out of controll here.
tongue.gif

Not saying there's a connection, but more of a vibe to where I can enjoy tihs series a bit more.

Also, I'm not sure what the major difference is between the TV episode and the pre-aired one, but I may check it out to get a idea on the difference.
wink.gif

Attachments

• 44844.jpg
    44844.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 143
Okay I now know that watching the Pre-Aired version is pretty mch in a lower quality then the actual aired version.

Although after seeing the second episode I have to say that Shido managed to show off that galges can be used as a guide to get with a girl here. For some reason with his actions he might make Kami-sama, from Kami Nomi, proud although he does have kind of a handicap for that though.
laugh.gif

Still I'm kind of curious to Tobiichi's backgrund with Shido here, but aside from that I was a bit supprised that he had to suddenly name that Spirit and all. Although I have to say she did like the name Tohka, but at the same time seemed to forced a bit of your typical passive tsundere moments here and there.
blink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 11 2013, 08:37 AM) I was a bit supprised that he had to suddenly name that Spirit and all. Although I have to say she did like the name Tohka, but at the same time seemed to forced a bit of your typical passive tsundere moments here and there.
blink.gif

I wish he had named her Iroha! Or Misuzu! Or Sora for that matter! ^__^ That would've been awesome! =D

QUOTE (Silendris @ Apr 11 2013, 03:46 AM)
I wish he had named her Iroha! Or Misuzu! Or Sora for that matter! ^__^ That would've been awesome! =D
I would have loved for him to name her "TSUNA", which would fit her forced Tsundere (Which seems to lean more towards the "Tsun" side than the "Dere" side when people aren't actively trying to kill her.)
laugh.gif

Auu~ the third episode was soooo cuuute! >_<
I am so envious of Tohka-chan to go on such a wonderful date with all that good food and everything! She seemed so incredibly happy! ^_____^
It's such a great surprise to see that she actually is how I expected her to be, like an ordinary, human girl! It was one of the best episodes I have seen in anime history! It was soo adorable and I'm all warm and cozy inside! ^___^
Can hardly wait for next episode when she is starting to attend school with him!

This show is surprisingly incredible so far! Let's keep it up!

I've determined for myself that this show takes the saying, "Love conquers all" more literally than any other story I've ever seen...

And what the heck is WRONG with Shino? Who complains about a cute girl moving in? Especially when it also adds a bonus white-haired hotty nurse to the household?

And since when was Tohka worried about nudity and stuff? She didn't care about being nude with him on their date... She just didn't want other to see her. Now she beats the crap out of him for every little thing.

And Hermit is just über-creepy. I can handle shy people, but split personalities where a puppet is the dominant personality is just too demented for my tastes. Especially when the puppet doesn't consider itself "a puppet", and becomes murderous when you call it one... That's just too dark and twisted for my tastes. ( Just describing the characters, not what happens in episode 3, so no spoiler.)

Watch episode 3. Especially if you are a playboy or two-timer. You'll get a very valuable lesson on how cruel women can be when they feel they have been toyed with...

Aaaaand there Shido-kun merged with every other harem guy ever created in anime... -____-
I am very disappointed. I really had my hopes high for him to at least have some kind of genuine feelings for Tohka-chan. But apparently all he is is what I feared; a pawn of the Dating Sim he lives in. I feel really sorry for Tohka-chan, and now I guess the rest of the show is quite predictable. It's going to be a harem show. That's about all that's needed to say about it since every harem show are alike. Though my disappoint is not set in stone. I still have my hopes up for this series. How sorry I ever feel for poor Tohka-chan, and how afraid I ever am that she will destroy the whole world in her rage against Shido-kun, I still am curious about what the next episode has in store for us.

Finished Episode 4 and I have to say this series is just weird, it's almost like the show is bipolar. One side is ecchi and the other half tries to be serious. And as fore Shiro, I can't figure this guy out.

Shiro has to make these girls fall in love with them, but he seems to just shrug the whole situation like it's nothing. Shiro doesn't ask basic questions like "Why is my sister commanding an invisible ship above the city?" or " Hey, why haven't we done any dialog with these girls at all instead of shooting them right off the bat?"

Shiro is supposed to be our voice for basic questions in this universe, instead he amazingly just goes with the flow. I don't know, every episode makes me hate this guy in more than one way.

Here's hoping episode 5 turns out alright.

You're making it sound like that there shouldn't be a serious ecchi series at all now.

In any case in the first episode he did ask those questions, but was given a rather vague answer because he wasn't ready to hear everything as of yet.

Well as for episode 4 here I have to say that Yoshino sems rather cute in her bunny hoodie though. Also, to think that Tobichii would go that far to try and get with Shido in that sort of way. Although to think she would be that agressive about it only means that he may end up flying blind when it comes to any interactions with her from here on out.

Still from the looks of things Touka still had her misunderstanding right up until she noticed how he wanted to save Yoshino, all because he saw her as a lonly and frightened little girl that needed someone to save her.

I get this feeling that Touka might still be the lead girl here, but with use her abilities to draw fire away from what Shido plans to do with any spirit form here on out I'll bet. Also, I would like to see how Tobichii is going to deal with seeing Yoshino out in the open again without using her Spirit ability.

Also, from the looks of things I think Shido might actually be a Half-Spirit with how he has a Spirit's ability here. I mean we might get an explaination about that later on.... hopefully.
biggrin.gif

Fifth episode, and that Shido guy is drifting further and further away from my pardon.
It really pains my heart to see Tohka-chan cry. Yet that stupid guy makes no effort of consolidation whatsoever and keeps demanding more things off of her and their environment. I am aware that he is just doing what he's told to do. And that's what's bothering me, that he still only follows orders after everything they've been through.

I wish there was a way for him/them to still save all those spirits but also for Shido and Tohka to be able to become a couple. It's just irritating to see him running around with other girls all the time. And that Tobiichi can go die. She's becoming more and more of a nuisance.

I really feel for poor Tohka-chan. =( I hope Shido will hit his head in something and change his way of life soon. I also hate that she's already moving out of his place. xC

Well I'm guessing it's due to the fact that not all the spirits are introduced as of yet here, but pretty much it seems more likely he is going to have more events with Touka and will end up relying on her to help any other Spirits I'll bet. Granted she might end up asking for Shido to pay attention to her when things are "clam" if you will.
tongue.gif

Pretty much he isn't well versed in dealing with the opposite sex, even with his help form his imouto here. Granted that sleep deprived doctor does know how to set things straight rather quickly it seems.

Episode 5 was an improvement, and actually flowed better than the previous episodes. i am surprised how fast Shido's Sis is able to get things done and amd curious how much resources she actually has.

And we have with this recient episode your not so typical onsen episode. Actually it was more along the line of having an adventure on attempting to get to said onsen here.
laugh.gif

Oddly enough I wasn't thinking that the gorup Shido is with would do everything possible to keep the AST from getting anywhere near Shido and his friends here. Granted it was more along the line of the AST just wanting to take a break at the same onsen that Shido was going to. I kind of felt bed for hte Captain here becuase it felt like that everything didn't want her to actually relax at the onesen it seemed.
laugh.gif

Now for some reason with the new spirit involved I almost want to say I'm getting a Elfen Leid vibe with her, and not only that since she is a yandere it kind of fits with her ability that she kind of has here.

Although I have to say it would of been typical for a double booked date to happen here, but Tobiichi kind of forced it to be a tripple date attack or so here.

In any case from the looks of things Mana might have a relationship with this current spirit here, since it seems they know each other rather well. Up to the point of where I almost want to compare this to the violent relationship of Mokou and Kaguya kind of have from the Touhou series here.

Shido has finally become Pimp-san.
His triple-date and prolongued coldness toward Tohka-chan has made me officially hate him.
He can go die. Hope he gets eaten or something, really.

Nope. It has not become any better since last episode. I have to say this new, timetwisting spirit is very cool indeed with her powers, looks and everything! But her personality is horrible! And that voice of hers! I'd wish she'd shoot herself, but that wouldn't make any difference. -___-
Shido-kun is acting worse and worse through every episode, and now he's become some kind of Knight of Moral all of a sudden which is quite the bother.
I am seriously starting to root for this new spirit. Even though I hate her personality, I am in awe of those powers she house, and I feel the show would seriously be more interesting if she just ate Shido-kun, got defeated by the others, and some other dude took his place in Tohka-chan's heart.

Hmpf...

Well when you have time bending powers and tend to get killed a whole lot you tend to go crazy after a good while though.

In any case at least Touka knows that when Shido wants to save a Spirit he means it. So she's kind of okay with the idea that he's trying to help them out along with how he even tries to keep Touka out of harms way it would seem.

In any case it seems that Kotori knows not only something about Shido's real sister Mana, but also had kind of a shocking reveal to her as well. It would pretty much give a perfect reason why she doesn't want people to senselessly kill of Spirits left and right that the AST are trying to do.

In any case I think Tobiichi is going to have a total nervious breakdown by next episode here, but also Slendris-chan you almost had your wish of Shido wanting to be om nom'ed this episode though.
laugh.gif

Well, that guy is really living on the edge. =P
Though I still have to say that this show is far from a favourite of mine just because of that Shido-yarou.
But(!) in the shows defense I have to say this strange, spontaneous, and total turn-around that he's all of a sudden going to date his cute imouto-chan is really a fragment of gold in this grand mess! I have no idea where that came from, but I like it! =D
Next episode looked a bit more relaxed than this one, judged from the preview. Hopefully it will be about him getting it on with his little sister. =D
Can't wait!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back