Dissapeared people

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Nov 06 2009, 04:25 PM) I think the trouble is that the internet is expanding, it's like the expanding universe, unstoppable: originally there were only intelligent college students and academics etc online but then came the infamous "eternal september" when newbies formed the majority not just for a month but forever.

So the collective IQ of the internet is declining because most people joining it are clueless and in many cases sad to say will never get a clue. I daily work with people who, far from being able to install a codec to watch a H264 video or know what netiquette is don't even know what their browser address bar is for or what a bookmark is. (No, really! I am not making this up. I actually had a colleague complain that her computer stopped working after IT support took away the system box for maintenance....) And these are the people who are (with my misguided help!) signing up for blogging or facebook or ftv accounts...) I see people receiving emails saying "you must send your username, password, and date of birth to this address (which is not their ISP address) or we will cancel your account" and they think this is for real and when I say it is a phishing attack they go like "fishing? huh?" and wonder how I am miraculously able to tell that a request, directed via a hacked host, to send their logon password to an unrelated website based in Korea, is a scam. The fact is that people online aren't what they used to be.
but do you think, that this change ocurred suddenly during the past 3 to 4 years? Because thats the time frame we are talking about here. Otherwise, I agree with you.
Also, FTV is crowded with kiddies lately. Maybe it is the medium (=anime), that causes it. Oh well...

Just decided to pop up here;)

I agree FTV has changed drastically from the one I remembered back in 2006. It's not like the forums have changed for the worst, though it seems to be less active lately from the looks of it.

Of course many old members have left and probably won’t ever be as active as they used to. It's mainly due to growing up, having new priorities and putting your hobbies aside whether its anime or gaming for more important things like school, work or family.

Since I started University, time has become very precious to me due to my life now revolving around school, and it gets harder and harder to simply come back to FTV and get into a conversation when you’ve been absent for so long.

People forget about you, make new friends, new topics start to confuse you because of the lack of knowledge you have about a certain episode you didn’t see yet or due to the absence of an important event in the forums. Its as if you become a "noob" again and must make friends all over again.

The forum moves on without you and because of that, many old members have little incentive to come back.

I have FTV on my bookmarks always and every once in a blue moon I click the link just to make sure the site still exists and check out any hot topics that may interest me.

Another notable member missed is rgtmath, I talked with him before and he’s still around, he just has new priorities in life which isn’t a bad thing. For those of you still here and for all the new members, enjoy what time you have with FTV and whatever other hobbies you enjoy, for it won’t last forever.

The forum moves on, and so do you^^

Well, guess its back to studying for me=/

Cheers!

Well I guess I can say is welcome back, and what you stated is pretty much the unfortunate side effect of falling behind on the forums here.

Anyways it just occoured to me that I haven't seen chreyzee in quite sometime here I'm starting to wonrd if he was lost to te internets or what.

Meeeh its really too bad that chreyzee and d-san are missing nowadays, they were by far one of the best guys here
sad.gif

Indeed I mean they kept me hanging around the Type-Moon thread for quite sometime. I mean it was that fun and entertaining to talk with those two... Well whenever d-sensei decided to stick around long enough that is.

Wait, "Old timers" are in high school or JUST got into university? Either your definition of 'old timer' is very weird, or you mean users who have been around for a while...

Either way, I try to still stay active even though I'm in Uni. That said, you can see a definite drop in my activity between when I graduated from High School and Started Uni. and again when I went into my 3rd year of Uni.
Now, the only thing I really do is glance at the forums and do some limited moderating, but I hardly post anymore except for that reason...

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 31 2010, 03:04 PM) ^this is the biggest factor if you ask me.
agreed.

Before we all had plenty of time when we were all 'younger' but now aload of us dont have that luxuary anymore.

Oh... how the days mistreat me... V_V; ... They seem to go on forever with me working in excess of 40+ hour weeks and little time for breaks inbetween. I almost miss college now. Pining for an easier time when things didn't depend on whether I swiped in and out daily.

A degree and a constant job are nice... but responsibilities seem to expand and I am at a loss for words as to how I can even begin to apologize to the FTVM peeps... but life really is a divider. I wish I could promise that I could be more active... but truth be told... >_>; ... it just doesn't work that way. V_V;

I'm still around... just influencing the minds of the students in my jurisdiction where ever I sub at. I might start a photodump at some point so that people can peruse what I've seen and done so far. Although... >_>; ... the eyes are watching always. Dangerous times and people easily fired almost deter me from doing that... but I won't give in just yet.

I can't promise being around like I used to be... but I can try... and that's all most people ask for, right?

Well I'm not new year but it's been a long time, don't know if many will remember me, I see a lot of new faces here^^ I just decided to drop by and check things out, how's everyone doing:) Time flies by so fast, I'll be graduating from university this April with a degree in Electrical Engineering phewww o_O Hopefully I'll start getting back into anime when I have more free time and visit here more often. If anyone is in Canada, I'm also going to Anime North for the first time:D

Well, it's good seeing this site hasn't change that much and some old members still lingering around!

Oh hey long time no see Inuyasha-san it's been quite some time since I've seen you post here as of late.

Also, some of those old members did eventually either end up as a Sempai, and FTV Member, and heck a few FTV Leaders now.
blink.gif

Although there are always the ones that end up forever lost to the sea of the Internets, but I'm sure they'll come back one day, or have already foud a new place to call home.
wink.gif

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Jan 27 2012, 01:19 AM) Well I'm not new year but it's been a long time, don't know if many will remember me, I see a lot of new faces here^^ I just decided to drop by and check things out, how's everyone doing:) Time flies by so fast, I'll be graduating from university this April with a degree in Electrical Engineering phewww o_O Hopefully I'll start getting back into anime when I have more free time and visit here more often. If anyone is in Canada, I'm also going to Anime North for the first time:D

Well, it's good seeing this site hasn't change that much and some old members still lingering around!
How are you doing Inuya?....can't just call you Inu...since that means dog, etc.

You most likely remember me as the notorious spammer of 2006 to 2007, who gave all the mods a headache.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jan 27 2012, 01:23 PM) How are you doing Inuya?....can't just call you Inu...since that means dog, etc.

You most likely remember me as the notorious spammer of 2006 to 2007, who gave all the mods a headache.
tongue.gif

looool
tongue.gif
Also best known as the member who was Sempais for a few weeksXD

@Kid-Wolf good to hear from you again and yea, I'm sure all the old members lurk around here and there:)

Welcome back InuyashaX, your presence was sorely missed! I was actually wondering what happened to you the other day, funny you should pop back up today
happy.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Jan 27 2012, 09:18 PM) Welcome back InuyashaX, your presence was sorely missed! I was actually wondering what happened to you the other day, funny you should pop back up today
happy.gif

biggrin.gif
good to hear from you too julezia^^ Thanks! I drop by time from time but lurked more rather than post unless something really interested me but I should be more active in the coming months
wink.gif

[Mod's Note: This and the above 5 posts have been split from the Introduction thread and moved here]

Oh wow welcome back InuyashaX, it really has been a while
biggrin.gif
I hope you have been doing good in the last years^^.

A long time disappeared friend has returned to FTV and I want to welcome him back...he was not mentioned here ever, as far as I can recall...but I always wondered if one day he would return and he has. He is funny, witty, and loves his anime.
Though he be of "retired status" now, he is as active in the past week, as he ever was before he took time off to rest on his laurels...
wink.gif

Without much ado...Welcome back to FTV, senpai-kun!
fireworks.gif

Tadaima
wink.gif
*in a cute mannerism* haha I'm always amused when you watch a cute anime girl deliver that line. Somehow I don't think it works for me though
rolleyes.gif
but thanks for the warm welcome Yaya. You are always adored and appreciated mi amiga ^^

As you know (and some others) I went through several serious health issues over the past couple of years and posting about anime just became something that didn't hold the same meaning it once had. When you reach such a low point in your life and are worried if you'll ever regain a semblance of proper health your perspective on everything just changes. But I don't want to continue on with depressing dialogue here.

I'm starting to get better each and every day and along with that comes a renewed energy for life, spending time with friends/family, and yes even posting about the greatness that is anime. I know it's cheesy as all hell to say this but everybody should try and live life to its fullest. Don't be afraid to just be yourself and don't worry if others don't like the way you act or talk. Because the days you feel like you're on top of the world, times that are taken for granted, can be snatched from you in a split second without just cause or prior warning. All right love, peace V, and all that jazz xD.

There is one more disappeared, now back, person whom I have had the pleasure of knowing for quite some time now and wish him too, a welcome back to FTV, usspaul!
I hope you will hang with us old-timers for a while...
wink.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 06 2012, 04:54 PM) Thanks for the warm welcome Yaya. You are always adored and appreciated mi amiga ^^
As you know (and some others) I went through several serious health issues over the past couple of years
I'm starting to get better each and every day and along with that comes a renewed energy for life, spending time with friends/family,
That is what matters...that you have regained your zest for life and for a little online fun...though we both know life is meant to be lived on a much grander scale...and as I have always said and will say so again...all the best to you and your restored sense of well being.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back