Does ANIMES causes ADDICTION???

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Keated @ Jun 16 2006, 11:45 PM) But I've been known to sit up to the wee hours of the morning, sometimes the larger hours of the next day, watching anime XD
For sure you are a real otaku......watch animes all day long and night
wink.gif

Btw someday I'll try to do a marathon like the others said, dont know for how long I'll hold on though
biggrin.gif

longest marathon for me was all 26 eps of cowboy bebop, it helped taht the music was cool, if it was anything else and it was slow, i dont think i can do it

hmmm... after a long while, i wonder if anybody defeated my record yet... over 150 hours of anime... during spring break... in one week's time.

if anybody did, CONGRATS YOU DARN OTAKU!

I'm gonna try my record again, but i doubt i'll stay up long enough... i only got 4 hours of sleep per day XD.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jun 16 2006, 10:57 PM) hmmm... after a long while, i wonder if anybody defeated my record yet... over 150 hours of anime... during spring break... in one week's time.

I'm gonna try my record again, but i doubt i'll stay up long enough... i only got 4 hours of sleep per day XD.
think i've beat yours... i didnt get any sleep for 48 hours straight then 3 hours per 24 hours for the next 4 days.... 24 multiply by 4 equals 96, 96 + 24... gives you.... 120... 120 minus 12 (3x4) = 108... nope nvm... oh by the way, your record is supposed to be 140 not 150... lol

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jun 17 2006, 08:57 AM) hmmm... after a long while, i wonder if anybody defeated my record yet... over 150 hours of anime... during spring break... in one week's time.

Wow, 150 hours of anime in one week..........so if you divide 150hrs by 24, you get 6.25 days...........6.25 out of 7 days watching animes
biggrin.gif
hmmm..........as for me difficult to do any better
laugh.gif

But how do you manage it?!! Only 4 hours of sleep per day?
blink.gif

hmmm.....noob beat your record
rolleyes.gif

I watched all of Suzuka, DNA², and Ichigo 100% (season and OVA) all in one day. It was like... too much anime? Perhaps.

Anime doesn't cause addiction, of couse. People who watch anime usually have the tendency to become obsessive is all!

Effect is not equal to cause, and correlation dosen't prove causation. Basic science!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Keated @ Jun 16 2006, 01:45 PM) But I've been known to sit up to the wee hours of the morning, sometimes the larger hours of the next day, watching anime XD
what effects did you feel after finished watching anime all day long??? headache??

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jun 16 2006, 10:57 PM) hmmm... after a long while, i wonder if anybody defeated my record yet... over 150 hours of anime... during spring break... in one week's time.

when did you do this? also is this different than the post you posted some months ago doing a 175 episodes?

cause... i think 150 hrs in a week is exagge...
dry.gif
XD that means sleeping approximately 2.3 hrs a day...

Recap:

Marathon (continous) is EXILE 70+ episodes

Marathon (1 week) is hamansusuke 150 hrs
. (please re confirm it cause i'm not convinced XD)

now i'm more on enjoying anime than geeting addicted to it... you know what i mean?
smile.gif
happy.gif

QUOTE (Angel453455 @ Jun 19 2006, 12:09 PM) now i'm more on enjoying anime than geeting addicted to it... you know what i mean?
smile.gif
happy.gif

I agree with that.....
biggrin.gif

Since I dont have enough time to watch all the series I download, then better make the most of the animes I watch.....
wink.gif

QUOTE (solarwing @ Jun 23 2006, 02:19 PM) I agree with that.....
biggrin.gif

Since I dont have enough time to watch all the series I download, then better make the most of the animes I watch.....
wink.gif

How do you guys usually make the most of an anime that you've watched? watching it again many times?

QUOTE (Paganini @ Jun 25 2006, 12:59 AM) How do you guys usually make the most of an anime that you've watched? watching it again many times?
Well it varies from people to people......as I said I dont have enough time to watch all the animes I download, so to make the most out of it, I'll watch only the animes that I like the most, the 'must see' ones
biggrin.gif

But if you have really liked a particular anime, you could watch it again.
wink.gif

QUOTE (solarwing @ Jun 24 2006, 03:18 PM) Well it varies from people to people......as I said I dont have enough time to watch all the animes I download, so to make the most out of it, I'll watch only the animes that I like the most, the 'must see' ones
biggrin.gif

But if you have really liked a particular anime, you could watch it again.
wink.gif

I agree completly!
biggrin.gif
Most of the time i download the first few eppisodes and if i dont' like them........bye bye......that way you only end up with the anime you like. Then of corse, you could watch it over........and over..................and over and OVER OVER OVER
wacko.gif

Atm i'm waiting for the fall semester to start, so i really don't have anything to do.. and i've been watching ALOT more anime, for example, over the last two weeks ive watched most all of the current series as the subs are released, 192 Naruto episodes, and almost watched all 87 Bleach episodes...

Basically at least 20 episodes a day, was even out of town a few days over the last two weeks, so even more then 20 a day

Anime is an addiction yes, don't you always want to watch the next episode to know what's going to happen next out of curiousity? :p

Haha, everything is addicting if you enjoy it. If I play a game and it is fun, then I play it nonstop till I beat it and wish there were more. I do the same with Anime shows, like naruto or Bleach. I watched both of them in 2 weeks this summer, and just a few days ago I watched the current 14 eps of .Hack//roots. For something to be addicting, you just have to want more of it. I don't think it is really possible to like something and not be addicted to it.

anime is an addiction
last week on my day off i watched the first 39 ep of kyo kara maoh
and now i want more BBBAAAWWWWWHHHHHHAA..........

I just got the box set of peacemaker and am saving that for my next day off.....

anime is my goddess

I'm glad youtube took off. Because of I, whenever I hear of an anime I don't know, I watch the 1st episode without downloading it. Really easy. If I like it, I'll download it. If not...next!

Addictions are fun! I watched Elfen Lied then Midori no Hibi in 1 day!

of course everyone here is addicted...well, at least i am
biggrin.gif

right now i need about 12 different shows just to be satisfied...so yeah, anime does cause addiction

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back