ESE (episode screenshot engine)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

daft27

-nya
Retired
In development.

Heh, now I know you're curious.

95% completion

Talk about a way to get everyone's attention. Intellectual curiosity is always a good thing, they say. Ok, now I'm dying to know what this will be. Sounds really interesting.

I'm still developing and researching the foundation needed for this system. What it's supposed to do is generate screenshots for every episode available, so you can sort of get a visual synopsis of each and every episode if you wanted to. This would help the decision making process of whether or not to follow a certain series.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 15 2004, 11:21 AM)What it's supposed to do is generate screenshots for every episode available, so you can sort of get a visual synopsis of each and every episode if you wanted to.

Just a question, where would you get the screenshots from? Or is the engine going to fetch (or supply) the screenshots?
Just curious.....

The engine is the one that generates the screenshots. It'll be automatic, so pretty much as soon as an episode becomes available, screenshots will be up shortly after that.

Oohh.. fantastic idea!!
biggrin.gif

But will it be difficult to do? So far i only did C++ programming. So i wouldn't knoow much about this.

Anyway, I hope to see the results soon.

Hm, I was jsut thinking about the ESE a little bit more and I realized that it might be possible to do rough language translations of the subtitling. It's a bit of a stretch though..

you can do that?
ohmy.gif

when i read the topic title, i assumed you are the engine that will manually print screen from episodes and post it.
i cant wait to see this.

i wonder what is the current progress of this ESE daft?
i cant barely wait to see the result..sounds really promising..

good luck. what language do you use? can we dynamically chose a time in the episode and it will fetch a screenshot it?

It's almost done. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to watermark the pictures. I made a thread earlier about it in the Website forums but nobody responded to it.
sad.gif

QUOTE (daft27 @ Dec 10 2004, 07:46 PM) It's almost done. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to watermark the pictures. I made a thread earlier about it in the Website forums but nobody responded to it.
sad.gif

lol..... I didn't know what you were referring to :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back