Fansub TV Awards #5

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
Since either Hiasubi or DoR forgot to make this thread or didn't have time to, I think it should be made before the awards are actually over
tongue.gif
I'll keep this rather brief.

All Forum and Section Rules still apply
1. Voting thread can be found here: http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=8363

2. These are the awards that were chosen via the poll threads in November/December this time around:
Most Respected
Funniest Member
Most Friendly
Best Male Member
Best Female Member
Biggest Lolicon
Most Helpful
Biggest anime Otaku
Best Avatar and Signature
Best Staff Member
Best Newcomer
Best Graphic Artist
Best Critic
Most Knowledgeable
Most Trustworthy

3. We need people to start filling in the user bars. If you can help out, please check out this thread: http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=8135

4. You may ask questions about the awards here as well as discuss other things about the awards (like who or why you voted for someone) as long as there is no flaming, bashing of other members, etc... Your vote may be disqualified if this is to occur.

5. You may not use this thread to ask, force, or threaten someone to vote for you. Doing so will result in a disqualification of your own votes and possibly yourself from the entire awards.

6. After the awards, the winners can use the user bars if they choose to.

7. Have fun.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 12 2009, 06:29 PM)5. After the awards, the winners can use the user bars if they choose to.
Why would someone choose not to use the userbar that they won? I could see if someone doesn't want to use it because they think someone else should have won but realistically I can't see any other reason.

Anyone have any idea how we should choose the biggest anime otaku? My current vote is based off of number of posts in the anime section of the forum cause I like having a reason for voting how I vote.

Also biggest lolicon ... I just went with the person with the most posts that contained the word loli in them. I'm sure there is a better way to go about it but I can't think of one.

I need a list of female members... otherwise im just going to assume anyone with a female character as there avatar is a chick.

Id also like a list of current active Staff Members.

I was looking at who people were choosing, and there are a few names i dont know, Everyone seems to be voting for someone named Daft27, but who is he? I cant seem to find a post made by him anywhere.

daft27 United States - Washington D.C. Fansub TV Leaders November 03, 2004 1595

He is the one who created the site pretty much.

As for how to get a list of all Staff - Member List

Click on the link and enter "Showing Fansub TV Team by total posts in ascending order with 30 results per page". Leave The name contains field blank.

Edit: I am not a girl by the way. Just so I don't get your vote
tongue.gif

Hahahaha
Daft27 is almighty FTV leader sama XD He's the admin of this forum and owner of the site
smile.gif

As for the genders: here is a thread you might find useful. It's been a while since anyone posted there but it can be revived again ;P

And maybe phototopic can help you as well

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 13 2009, 01:53 AM)Why would someone choose not to use the userbar that they won? I could see if someone doesn't want to use it because they think someone else should have won but realistically I can't see any other reason.
Quite a few people who won the previous awards are not using the userbars. I would say it is roughly half so it's not that uncommon.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 13 2009, 01:53 AM)Anyone have any idea how we should choose the biggest anime otaku? My current vote is based off of number of posts in the anime section of the forum cause I like having a reason for voting how I vote.
This is purely my opinion but I would chose the biggest anime otaku as someone who is most knowledgeable on anime. The most knowledgeable award would go to someone who knows a lot about the real life world. I guess you could do it like this:
Biggest Anime Otaku = Most anime posts
Most Knowledgeable = Most thoughtful posts.

That's just my opinion so take it as you will.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 13 2009, 01:53 AM)Also biggest lolicon ... I just went with the person with the most posts that contained the word loli in them. I'm sure there is a better way to go about it but I can't think of one.
That's a pretty ingenious method, but I think it maybe biased towards someone with a high post count. Doofus123 is a big lolicon (trust me) but has only made 400ish posts. MKK2004 has made 6500+ posts; so you can see how this could be skewed. Hmm but I'm surprised MKK came out on top! I thought the one with the higher post count would yield more loli results!
tongue.gif
I guess you just have to follow peoples' traits. Example I have a loli sig and I have written various loli poems in the creative writing thread.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 13 2009, 02:03 AM)I need a list of female members... otherwise im just going to assume anyone with a female character as there avatar is a chick.
It's difficult when you first join to distinguish the guys from the girls but this hasn't been a major problems in previous awards. You will figure it out over time. Oh and don't judge peoples' gender by their avatars! You'll just get burnt!
wink.gif
Hmm I think 70% of members (at least from a poll) are male so you could just say he. You'll probably be right and if you do make a mistake most women will correct you!
tongue.gif
Saaa I was mistaken for a woman once! And that's with my loli sig!

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 13 2009, 02:03 AM)Id also like a list of current active Staff Members.
A list of staff members can be found here:
The Fansub.TV Team

Unfortunately that list will not tell you which mods are active. Some moderators such as Mune are hardly ever on any more; you just have to keep tabs on who's active.
wink.gif
Anyone with a FansubTV Team logo beside their name is a mod.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 13 2009, 02:03 AM)I was looking at who people were choosing, and there are a few names i dont know, Everyone seems to be voting for someone named Daft27, but who is he? I cant seem to find a post made by him anywhere.
Daft27 is the administrator of this site, it explains why so many people voted him as the most respected member. Daft doesn't post a lot so that may explain why you have difficulty finding his posts!
wink.gif

I see that some people have voted for Kit as the best graphic artist so I was wondering if Kit actually does any graphic artistry?

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jan 12 2009, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (langes01x)Also biggest lolicon ... I just went with the person with the most posts that contained the word loli in them. I'm sure there is a better way to go about it but I can't think of one.
That's a pretty ingenious method, but I think it maybe biased towards someone with a high post count. Doofus123 is a big lolicon (trust me) but has only made 400ish posts. MKK2004 has made 6500+ posts; so you can see how this could be skewed. Hmm but I'm surprised MKK came out on top! I thought the one with the higher post count would yield more loli results! I guess you just have to follow peoples' traits. Example I have a loli sig and I have written various loli poems in the creative writing thread.

And I agree with this, I am a huge loli-con but because I don't really post out side of the game section you probably never would have guessed it.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 12 2009, 06:53 PM) Why would someone choose not to use the userbar that they won? I could see if someone doesn't want to use it because they think someone else should have won but realistically I can't see any other reason.

Anyone have any idea how we should choose the biggest anime otaku? My current vote is based off of number of posts in the anime section of the forum cause I like having a reason for voting how I vote.

Also biggest lolicon ... I just went with the person with the most posts that contained the word loli in them. I'm sure there is a better way to go about it but I can't think of one.
many people take it off eventually (especially when there's a big gap between the awards like this one) and replace them with other sig images...things change over time.

As for biggest anime otaku I'm voting based on knowledge of anime and how diverse is someone's cumulative watchlist. Knowledge in the sense that you don't need to do any research before creating a thread for the series, etc... or looking something up before you answer. In other words, you know it off hand. Diversity is self-explanatory.

Lolicon...who ever appreciate loli series like Moetan or Nanatsuiro Drops get my vote
tongue.gif
Anyone who tends to like the youngest talkable character in a series that is also underdeveloped...for instance Mayu in Kurokami despite the fact that she was run over by a truck in the first episode
tongue.gif

QUOTE I see that some people have voted for Kit as the best graphic artist so I was wondering if Kit actually does any graphic artistry?
Aside from all my gif avatars lately and other gif images, I never considered myself an artist...I only started once I got Adobe Master Collection which was in September....I'm still very inexperienced with sigs but I do have a sense of what's good art and what's not if you must
tongue.gif
I too am surprised by the number of votes recently, but that's not bothering me. I guess it shows you don't have to be overly complex to be good
rolleyes.gif
j/k

QUOTE This is purely my opinion but I would chose the biggest anime otaku as someone who is most knowledgeable on anime. The most knowledgeable award would go to someone who knows a lot about the real life world. I guess you could do it like this:
Biggest Anime Otaku = Most anime posts
Most Knowledgeable = Most thoughtful posts.

You know why that wouldn't work?....because I would/should be winning the otaku award then
tongue.gif
5018 posts in Anime section of my 7261 posts compared to 3822 posts in Anime section of JCD's 5999 posts

QUOTE It's difficult when you first join to distinguish the guys from the girls but this hasn't been a major problems in previous awards. You will figure it out over time. Oh and don't judge peoples' gender by their avatars! You'll just get burnt! wink.gif Hmm I think 70% of members (at least from a poll) are male so you could just say he. You'll probably be right and if you do make a mistake most women will correct you! tongue.gif Saaa I was mistaken for a woman once! And that's with my loli sig!

lol I remember when someone voted noob for the Best Female Member XD That was just hilarious. your not the only one who has been mistaken for a girl once....When I had my Fate x Nanoha avatar and signature combination a while back....I was mistaken for a girl many many times XD

QUOTE That's a pretty ingenious method, but I think it maybe biased towards someone with a high post count. Doofus123 is a big lolicon (trust me) but has only made 400ish posts. MKK2004 has made 6500+ posts; so you can see how this could be skewed. Hmm but I'm surprised MKK came out on top! I thought the one with the higher post count would yield more loli results! tongue.gif I guess you just have to follow peoples' traits. Example I have a loli sig and I have written various loli poems in the creative writing thread.

Basically show that you love lolis....something like this:

oh yeah...I added the rule that you can't use this thread to purposely force/ask people to vote for you in any category
tongue.gif

QUOTE (doomsayer @ Jan 12 2009, 06:41 PM) I see that some people have voted for Kit as the best graphic artist so I was wondering if Kit actually does any graphic artistry?

I dont know... i made Kit's current Sig. but i dont know about all his previous ones.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 12 2009, 06:22 PM)daft27 United States - Washington D.C. Fansub TV Leaders November 03, 2004 1595
QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jan 12 2009, 06:28 PM)QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 13 2009, 01:53 AM)Daft27 is the administrator of this site, it explains why so many people voted him as the most respected member. Daft doesn't post a lot so that may explain why you have difficulty finding his posts!
QUOTE (Noshi @ Jan 12 2009, 06:23 PM)Hahahaha
Daft27 is almighty FTV leader sama XD He's the admin of this forum and owner of the site
Oh.

So that kinda means everyone is kissing up to him
tongue.gif
,well im not voting for him... i cant respect a person i havent interacted with.
wink.gif

Avatars are a representation of yourself, so if you represent yourself as a girl, i assume your a girl, until i think or learn otherwise
tongue.gif

Thx for the help.

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 12 2009, 08:25 PM) I dont know... i made Kit's current Sig. but i dont know about all his previous ones.
I had a couple using photoshop cs2 on my old comp before it died. I used them when I first entered the site and only recently did I start displaying them again via the rotating sig (which I took away if no one noticed
tongue.gif
)
All my gif sigs were made by Kansa (since he's really the only one here who can do it XD) and the rest were made by various users like WingZero (who's long gone unfortunately), Uz3r013, shinigamii, etc...

I make some images from time to time, but I don't remember posting very many here.

Although if you think about it is really nothing more then a gift for daft since he made this side for being the most respected. Although I would be shocked if someone else actually won that award since the way things are going.

In any case I kind of wonder what the Best Critic is about. Is that either about anything mentioned on the boards about anime, the webzine, or can it be either one?

As for the female avitars for myself they kind fo represtent my favorite girl or series for that matter.

QUOTE (doomsayer)And I agree with this, I am a huge loli-con but because I don't really post out side of the game section you probably never would have guessed it.Though your userbar kind of hints into that direction
tongue.gif

QUOTE (kit)oh yeah...I added the rule that you can't use this thread to purposely force/ask people to vote for you in any category tongue.gifHmm although it would be kind of amusing to see here someone coming in and yelling give me your vote or I'll kill your lolis
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Jan 12 2009, 07:44 PM) Hmm although it would be kind of amusing to see here someone coming in and yelling give me your vote or I'll kill your lolis 
laugh.gif

And can you imagine the great war that would rage if said lolis were threatened?! The scandal!! The awards are meant in good fun after all.....and well, if one has been here long enough, you do get to know who is a male member and who is a female member...So far, all of the advice offered herein, should help any one of us who might be a tad confused...
wink.gif
Kit....those little posters are quite amusing...I took the liberty of making copies and sending them to my Lolicon friends herein....too bad for me...there are no Lolocon pics....ah! But I know where to look...
wink.gif
Have fun voting everyone!
tongue.gif

BTW...Uz3r013
QUOTE So that kinda means everyone is kissing up to him  ,well im not voting for him... i cant respect a person i havent interacted with. 

In fairness to daft...no one is kissing up to him. He is a very nice guy and he is the founder of this site which you, yourself, frequent. It would be a shame if you do not take the time to interact with him...he loves anime, like we all do, he loves to sing and has a very nice voice...he can be funny too and he likes lolis...
wink.gif
He is always polite and cordial too....give him a try.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 12 2009, 07:40 PM) In any case I kind of wonder what the Best Critic is about. Is that either about anything mentioned on the boards about anime, the webzine, or can it be either one?
I picked based on, who seriously criticizes an anime, and who criticizes alot of animes.

and when i mean seriously criticizes, i mean sum1 who looks for the good and bad and makes a thought out comment, not just "this anime sucks, dropped."

as for biggest lolicon, i look for people who call dibs on the loli characters in animes
tongue.gif

QUOTE In fairness to daft...no one is kissing up to him. He is a very nice guy and he is the founder of this site which you, yourself, frequent. It would be a shame if you do not take the time to interact with him...he loves anime, like we all do, he loves to sing and has a very nice voice...he can be funny too and he likes lolis too....  He is always polite and cordial too....give him a try. 
I was mostly joking with that line
rolleyes.gif
im sure hes a nice guy if hes sooo respected
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
, and its not like im avoiding him, I have just never seen him on the forums. And i cant respect sum1 i dont know
sleep.gif

I should say luckilly for me I haven't been noticed as a lolicom due to the fact it's all mentioned in one thread. Never the less it's also a thread were most loli lovers would usually end up in. And yes I'm talking about the Type-Moon thread in the games section. Since for one reason our lolis can handle themselves. Also, Illya is a Loli Goddess need I say more?

Well enough of me prattling on about lolis and shamlessly plugging a thread on these boards.

So someone who would talk about the good and bad points of a series huh. That's going to be kind of hard for me to chose on that one. In any case that'll take me a while to pick someone for the Best Critic award now.

Also Yaya-san I was fighting for you to have the loli award to be kind of like a loli/lolo award.
tongue.gif

Man, i wish i could remember all the times sum1 caused me to giggle or laugh on this site.

QUOTE I should say luckilly for me I haven't been noticed as a lolicom due to the fact it's all mentioned in one thread. Never the less it's also a thread were most loli lover wound usually end up in. And yes I'm talking about the Type-Moon thread in the games section. Since for one reason our lolis can handle themselves. Also, Illya is a Loli Goddess need I say more?
Hmm, Never been to that thread, so i guess i havent seen the real loli lovers
rolleyes.gif

Would you like to restore your memories?
[Yes] - [No]

Select option for memory retrieval:
A)Hypnotism
B)Car Battery
C)2x4

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 12 2009, 09:11 PM) I should say luckilly for me I haven't been noticed as a lolicom due to the fact it's all mentioned in one thread. Never the less it's also a thread were most loli lover wound usually end up in. And yes I'm talking about the Type-Moon thread in the games section. Since for one reason our lolis can handle themselves. Also, Illya is a Loli Goddess need I say more?
Don't get me started on something that really shouldn't be done
laugh.gif

As for Best Critic that everyone is talking about....I'll say it from noob's standpoint when we decided on the final 3 awards since I agree with it: we need more discussion on the forums 'nuff said

Basically it doesn't have to be solely on how someone critiques an anime, just someone who can create a topic or question regardless of the forum section, and keep a meaningful/reasonable discussion going. In essence, not just someone who comes in, states a fact, and leaves.

It's so much harder to choose this time around with a lot more active users now, despite many originals leaving/less active. The hardest ones so far for me are Best Female Member (which I just decided after much thought), Best Avatar and Signature, and Best Graphics Artist....the rest I haven't really thought much about
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 12 2009, 11:43 PM) Don't get me started on something that really shouldn't be done
laugh.gif

Let me guess it's either about Rika, Hanyuu, or both. Well they are technically goddess in thier own right, but Illya just started it all. In any case what's wrong with starting a topic on your favorite loli character anyways? Besides Hanyuu was kind of a goddess frm the get go, but Illya was made to become one if you catch my drift.
tongue.gif
I'd be supprsied if was about another loli though Kit.

Well I'm sure I'll fill out the last few spots within the next few days though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 12 2009, 10:17 PM) Let me guess it's either about Rika, Hanyuu, or both. Well they are technically goddess in thier own right, but Illya just started it all. In any case what's wrong with starting a topic on your favorite loli character anyways? Besides Hanyuu was kind of a goddess frm the get go, but Illya was made to become one if you catch my drift.
tongue.gif
I'd be supprsied if was about another loli though Kit.

Well I'm sure I'll fill out the last few spots within the next few days though.
actually no. It's more about how Illya is not a loli goddess who started it all...nor is Rika and Hanyuu (both came after anyways in terms of series as well as games, or at least Hanyuu did
tongue.gif
)

Shana and Reinforce II would be loli goddesses...coming before Illya in Fate/Stay Night. Ai Enma and Fate would also be included but I'll stop there. There are others that I still love from way back
wub.gif
Looks like everyone here missed the time when I was really up for Fate (not that I stopped
tongue.gif
) and caught me when Rika and Hanyuu were my goddesses
laugh.gif

Ah so you went further back with the lolis, and yes this should be placed in another thread if we keep this talk up of lolis and whatnot. Besides that might be a good idea to do if you ask me.
tongue.gif
In any case Illya is technially amost evey Type-Moon Slave's Loli Goddess since well she can handle herself in more ways then one. That or Len since "A cat is fine too."
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back