File Upload Sites

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Uz3r013

-sama "The Great Ero King"
Retired
There are ALOT of file upload sites, soo many, that it is not worth it to sign up for a preimum(pay) account. Since you would need to sign up with 4-5 just to cover half the anime community. But, if the Anime/Manga communtiy as a whole, decided on 1 site, would you sign up?

I dont know how many there are now, but this is what i came up with: Feel free to add to the list, i kinda want a full list
BestSharing
DepositFiles
FileFactory
FileSend
MediaFire
Megaupload
QuickSharing
Rapidshare
SendSpace
SharingMatrix
Turboupload
UltraShare
Upload2
Uploading.com
YouSendIt
zUpload

You will never get the whole anime community to go with a single upload site just because different people like the sites for many reasons. Someone may like one of them because it offers feature X and others like a different site for feature Y.

You list quite a few different sites that I have never heard of. I think most people stick to Megaupload, Mediafire, Sendspace, and Rapidshare so that would cover probably 90% of all uploaded stuff you could want. Then again 10$ per site per month would make a serious dent in your wallet.

I say just stick with sites like Fansub that give it to you for free. This site picks up almost every show (other than the licensed ones) so you can probably get most if not everything from here. Torrents can get you everything (or at least almost everything) and IRC can probably get you everything if you know how to use it and where to look.

As long as what I want isn't on deposit files I'm fine with that. The reason is I had gotten a few viruses from that site so I'm kind of shying away from that one. As for MegaUpload I'd go there if I need to. Also, for Rapid Share I'd go there since that place is one of the nicest places to get anything.

I could either be drunk or really high to think such thread actually exists. If its existence is proven right, then it must mean that I, as stated previously in this post, am either too drunk or really high. In that case, I'd like someone to place my right palm on my face such that the surface of my palm is parallel to that of the surface of my face. This thread requires a massive palm-face action.

Ah so noob do you wish to have the assisted facepalm for this thread?

Ok I got a pic for that then.

FACE_PALM.jpg

In any case I hope that helps you out noob.
tongue.gif

I have given scientific instructions so that someone would do it for me cause the care-o-meter is on the negative side >.<

QUOTE (langes01x @ Dec 18 2008, 10:01 PM) You will never get the whole anime community to go with a single upload site just because different people like the sites for many reasons. Someone may like one of them because it offers feature X and others like a different site for feature Y.

You list quite a few different sites that I have never heard of. I think most people stick to Megaupload, Mediafire, Sendspace, and Rapidshare so that would cover probably 90% of all uploaded stuff you could want. Then again 10$ per site per month would make a serious dent in your wallet.

I say just stick with sites like Fansub that give it to you for free. This site picks up almost every show (other than the licensed ones) so you can probably get most if not everything from here. Torrents can get you everything (or at least almost everything) and IRC can probably get you everything if you know how to use it and where to look.
I agree. Everyone has their own preference. Most people here use Megaupload to upload their files because its fast and recently (before I lost access at school for some unknown reason) no wait time, plus there's happy hour premium.

On the other hand, others use Rapidshare, sendspace, and Mediafire are probably the other three big ones as they don't always guarantee a wait time.

The next issue is file sizes...try uploading a movie for instance. One way is to split it into part files...problem there is downloading multiple things...wait time then becomes an issue, or you can use sites like gigeshare (dunno if it's still around) to upload these files. Again, there are many factors before uploading files, and there's no way to get the community to agree on one or even two upload sites. Even if the community did agree, probably not if it's a site I never used before.

Some of you may remember when one of the (in)famous raw providers was recently arrested for file sharing via such sites (uploading thousands and even hundred thousands of raws for fansubbers)....some networks don't protect private information from the government even though they say they protect it from third party networks and whatnot. So if the whole anime community were to sign up for one site, care to guess as to how things may turn out given that information? The whole anime community, or rather the fansub community would collapse in a heartbeat or most of it at least.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back