Final Fantasy XII

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm not quite sure how to use the quickenings though. I've been trying to do so myself, but i managed to learn how to chain them, but not charge them. do you have to get really lucky so they can charge?

Btw, i did 6 chains before. and my max damage was like 9k total.

really it does depend on some luck cause sometimes I get them charged or not. totally depends on the luck rotating when pressing R2 - though you can hold R2, I don't trust it.

The strat I use and figure on my own is a bit good cause after a lv 3 attack you lose all your mist, when recharging you get the max mist back so why not use the highest lv first. plus in the beginning it is really slow so you might as well try to mist charge.

though my friend had the strat guide and one tip is when you get mist charge you automatically get that person who is recharged to attack the next "rotation", so you have to sometimes double tap the same character to mist charge then attack.

the guide is a bit complicated I must say explaining and took me around 2-5+ read to understand quickenings.

another thing I've learned is if a character doesn't use all their mist obviously they keep the remainder. also with mist charge you only have mists during the attempted combo, so if you mist charge and couldn't attack with the character you won't have the mist when the combo is done.

btw I've done like 10-12 hits with 10-15k damage. huge luck factor at the end when I did that combo.

wow blackdragon, that's amazing.. but tell me this: how the hell did i manage Mist with only 5 chain combos with 9k damage
huh.gif
? I don't remember if i managed to mist charge, but at least now i know it's based on luck.

also, wow, i managed to get pasted Belias and the events following it up to going past the giza plains..

and i just realized how strong the monsters are now o_O Wow.. they sure hastened that much in 4 days... o_O!~

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Nov 28 2006, 12:05 AM) wow blackdragon, that's amazing.. but tell me this: how the hell did i manage Mist with only 5 chain combos with 9k damage
huh.gif
? I don't remember if i managed to mist charge, but at least now i know it's based on luck.

also, wow, i managed to get pasted Belias and the events following it up to going past the giza plains..

and i just realized how strong the monsters are now o_O Wow.. they sure hastened that much in 4 days... o_O!~
well it also depends on the lv of the quickening you use, you could've been using mostly lv 2-3 possibly but I dunno the calculations.

all I think I know is that the longer the chains and variety of lv of attacks you use the better the damage. according to the strat guide you need to use 4 of each lv 1 2 & 3 quickening attacks in order to do black hole which is the strongest attack of end combos - usually in the beginning you can only do inferno.

also the damage does depends on the monster ^^ ie early monster = weak = weak defense = takes more damage. the ones I did was mid way through the game and my friend still have a some trouble with the monsters so it was pretty average lv monsters around.

I think it's a stupid question but do we hold R2 or press it continuously when we do a quickening?
I've been holding it...but oh well [game over]
and press it continuously seems not to be the right method either

QUOTE (aoi_sora9x @ Nov 29 2006, 09:25 PM) I think it's a stupid question but do we hold R2 or press it continuously when we do a quickening?
I've been holding it...but oh well [game over]
and press it continuously seems not to be the right method either
you don't hold it unless you have extremely good reaction.

I don't say press it continiously but more tap it. pressing it constantly might almost be as bad as holding it. though this is my opinion on it.

though it really depends how fast you can react determines which method you should use I think.

Well I've read what you guys have done so far and since I seem to be a little futher in the game than most of you I have a few tips.
-first off don't specialize it doesn't make that big of a differnce.

-on that note I recommend getting the highest level of these types of armor the combination being the heavy armor and magic helm. ( don't worry about the healt bonus you get from light armor it isn't worth the lack of defnce.)

-quickings are great they are your friend. but once you reach level forty you should be able to easily get up to the point I am at which is the tower in the middle of the sea (I'm not saying it's name to avoid ruining story and I forgot)

-aggumentations do them all right after you get all of the quickings they help oddles, concentrate on the magic mp reductions and extra health. (for this to go a lot faster buy your whole group golden amulets, alittle pricy but really worth it.)

-the opal ring has saved my ass more than I care to remeber. for those that don't know it lets you cast straight through reflect.

-death and syphon are great spells to have every learn. You can kill everything execpt undead, constructs and bosses/marks/espers with death so great if you come up against say a ring wyrm with 60,000 hp and you don't want to hack at it all day just have your party keep casting death on it and within everyone trying one or two times it should die. Ohh and syphon can be found on the air ships that depart from areodrome.

-once you get espers use them as you walk around normally if you have all the right kind of augments your mp should almost fill up befor the esper is dismissed.

-one more note hammers and axes, they are the biggest pain in the ass but I found it's easier to chain hits with them and so thier random damage ends up paying off only if you have it equipped to one person, but don't use bombs they just suck.

If any one get's stuck or just wants advice or if you even just like my advice, I'm all ears a little praise never hurts.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Nov 30 2006, 01:55 AM) what's the difference between light armor and heavy armor except the defense points?
light armor gives a hp bonus and heavy armor raises your strength there are a few of each armor that give bonuses to other stats but this is the most basic boost.

There is somthing that I wanted to ask too,I'ts about Espers.Does they become stronger?I mean if you summon them a lot does they HP get an enchencement or do they hit harder?

QUOTE (hamzaxxx @ Nov 30 2006, 12:57 PM) There is somthing that I wanted to ask too,I'ts about Espers.Does they become stronger?I mean if you summon them a lot does they HP get an enchencement or do they hit harder?
Yeah I don't know about that I wasn't really into using them when I first got them. So I'm not sure if they do improve so that's why I wanted to ask someone else later.

any of u guys finish with this already?? let me know, i want to know the ending. lol im too lazy to continue fighting jugde ghis. lol

i thought he was pretty easy to beat, compared to the other judges -.-.

plus.. man i love reverse and bravery! even haste can do the job quickly.. XD.... but it zaps up too much time and mp to do... whatever. still need to find my AR Max disk... (not..that.. i'm cheating or anything... just needing to load something from it for another game)

I have now played the game for around 25 hours and my characters look like this:

Vaan: Lv 30, 3 quickenings, 1 summon. (katana, heavy armor)
Balthier: Lv 25, 2 quickenings. (bow/gun, light armor)
Fran: Lv 28, 2 quickenings. (bow, light armor)
Bashe: Lv 25, 3 quickenings. (axe & hammer, heavy armor)
Penelo: Lv 28, 2 quickenings. (bow, light armor)
Ashe: Lv 25, 3 quickenings. (sword, heavy armor)

For me this works best because i haven't been defeated so far.

And i am walking around with a Lv 25 guest, that little brother of vain.

I am at the point where i need to beat the shit out of that forest whyrm. I already found fran's sister and defeated that oversized dog called tiamat.

Small note for people who are at jahara village, go do a few hours training outside and walk to the part north on the map (before you go to the forest entrance, and that huge field before that with the birds) you have a huge human like dog that always walks in groups of three. You get 300Xp and 2Lp for each defeated, so it really helps out to level you up fast, also getting licences fast (that's why most of my characters have 2 or 3 quickenings already)

Well,this is FF so i don't think you need that much strategy to just plainly beat this game.I've beat this game on jap.vers.(though i don't get a hold of what's what n the storyline..)You just need to be patient and level up like crazy(when you're strong enough,strategy is just a bonus).It always work like that in FF's series.
tongue.gif
Still,if you're trying to beat the games completely,it does need some proper strategy,and i'm not the one who can help with that.Anyway,Vayne is extremely annoying as final boss,it takes an awful lot of time!(when i beat him the 1st time)...

This game lacked depth. I will not buy FF XIII until I've had a chance to rent it. I'm sorry to say that I've had to write Square off as a reliable game maker. (Took me long enough to reach that conclusion). Not a decent original work since IX, in my opinion. Then again, Tactics is my favorite, so I guess I'm a bit of an oddball.

Haven't played in a while. I can't remember the name of where I am, but it's a large beach area. All my characters are around lvl 35 I think. I like to keep all my guys around the same lvl.

This game is not as good as previous FF games. In my mind FFX and FFIX are both better, but it's good to see square-enix doing something different and not just repeating the exact same formula over and over again. The fights are definitely more active, something I've gotten use to by playing MMOs. Still a very good game in general. I really should start it up again and resume playing it. Still got a long way to go.

Now I started thinking of when I first played the game. I played it 8 hours straight, my only breaks being for the bathroom. Was up until 5am playing non-stop. I think I stopped playing primarily based on the fact that it was 5am and I was still playing, and not so much for being tired

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jan 26 2007, 01:38 AM) Now I started thinking of when I first played the game. I played it 8 hours straight, my only breaks being for the bathroom. Was up until 5am playing non-stop. I think I stopped playing primarily based on the fact that it was 5am and I was still playing, and not so much for being tired
Only one word for that,HERCULES!
mad.gif
Perhaps you level up along with your character Barbobot-san?
tongue.gif
Anyway,FFXII's animation is probably one of the best for PS2.The gameplay is interactive and unique,so it's pretty easy for us to be sucked into it deeply,sometimes making us as if we were hypnotized/possessed or something...
tongue.gif

Well I beat this game in 5 days.. kinda pathetic, I've had it since like Dec 15th now and I'm Lvl 70 on Vaan everyone else is avg lvl 63. Does anyone have good strategy for gambit system? I use this for most of my party:
01 Ally:HP < 30% ~ Curaga
02 Ally:HP < 50% ~ Curaja
03 Ally:HP < 70% ~ Cura
04 Ally:Status = KO ~ Pheonix Down
05 Ally:any ~ Protectga
06 Ally:any ~ Shellga
07 Ally:any ~ Float
08 Ally:any ~ Hastega
09 Self ~ Regen
10 Self ~ Reflect
11 Foe:flying ~ Telekenesis (only for my melee guys)
12 Foe:nearest visible ~ Attack
I have opal rings equipped to my entire group so reflect is no problem
Party 1
Vaan uses 2h sword
Ashe uses 2h sword also
Penelo uses crossbow (I like the chance of critical hits with it)
Party 2
Balthier uses lances
Fran uses bows
Basche uses axes
The only place that's hard is in the tower on the botom floor "Penumbra" where all those strong toads are, they hit about 600-1000 dmg per hit down there and you become immediatly surrounded when you enter the room, then after you kill them all you enter ancient door into a room with guys that hit 3k dmg... to crazy but I can kill a few of them with reflecting there magic back at them
I dont play it very much anymore since only thing left for me to do is all the Monster Hunts and get a few more esper.
Dmg I do on a quickening is 23k dmg on 10 hit combos... most I've gotten is like 18, but I never use it, I forget it exists half the time I'm playing
wacko.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back