Final Fantasy XII

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
For those who just got the game, i have one point of advice:
Quickenings! when i started off, at the begining of the game i noticed that you can pretty much defeat most of the bosses with a quickening chain of greater than 10. even the judge on the Leviathan, can be defeated in a 12-chain quickening!!!
However there are some bosses that quickening have no effect on, like the ringworm in the second mines... use quickenings wisely!

Have fun and take regular breaks!!
biggrin.gif

I've beaten the game. You can over night level with characters without even having to be there. and yea quickenings.

This game has hit the same wall so many other RPGs have hit with me. I've stopped playing for essentially no reason whatsoever. Can't even remember what lvl I am in it anymore, maybe somewhere in the 40's I really should get back to playing it though. My problem is I've stopped playing console games as much as I used to.

Funny I already beat the game and the quicken thing I did not use untill like after 70-90 % of the game completed meaning I didnt even learn it XD and after that I wasnt really that fond of the quicken but I was fond of the Massive MP boost for it ^^ All my ppl was mainly Full physical attack with white magics for all. all of them had the same gambit and if anyone fall a certain hp it wasnt there for long XD. I also had a team of girls and a team of guys XD once all of one team lvl then i change up so all of them is at the same lvl
rolleyes.gif
For weapon Vaan used Pole, Balthier had his gun, Penello had dagger, Ashe had her sword, Fran had her Bow, Basche had axe. For battle all I did was when I was moving I use close range attack ppl and I was in battle I use distance attack so when I run around to gain mp I wont interfer with its attacks. Everything was still a simple task for me. =)

I think I tried to make some of the generic FF roles. I gave Penelo a staff and gave her a bunch of different magic (black, white, green, etc...), Vaan uses daggers, Balthier has either gun or crossbow and I gave him poles, Ashe has her sword and some white magic, Fran uses spears and bows, Basche has an axe. Gave everyone at least some basic white magic also. For the most part I had them split into two different teams. One team was Vaan, Ashe, and Penelo while the other team was Balthier, Fran and Basche. Worked out well for me.

OMG, I love this game. I was expecting straight final fantasy goodness but it is so different from the other FF games. I bought it about 4 months ago but I still haven't finished it yet. I don't think I'll be able to. I don't want to crazyness to end!

Anyway, I'm just about to leave for Frans place of birth. I've found that the more time that I spend just roaming around and getting into fights helps alot when getting into boss fights. Also, the hunts are so much fun also.

When I first played I was so confused by the license board and the gambits but after playing it for a while they really come in hand and the gambits free up my time to actualy watch the game and my characters fight instead of always looking at the options menu.

X500 smilie faces!

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Nov 25 2006, 11:59 AM) you know i think i know a way to help you level up faster; go back to the entrance of the tomb and use that teleport crstal and go back to Bhujerba, go into Lhusu Mines and in to the second connecting bridges(hopefully you know where I'm talking about...)where alot of skeleton soldiers pops up, and level up there. I like training my guys there because the skeleton soldiers worth 130exp each and they drop bone fragments which are worth $129, WAAAY better than those fire/wind stones that only worth $3-40. AND that place is an unlimited spawn point which the skeleton soldiers just keeps coming!

For your battle against Belias, just fight with Vaan, Pelelo and Ashe, and keep casting blizzard. That's all I did, and one thing is that always keep your HPs in 600-700 because when Belias use its special move it damages 300-400 to all allies. ICE IS THE KEY~~~
Help please.

I dont know where is the 2nd Bridge for Lhusu Mines.

Im trying to get some Money to buy armors and spells.

bradygames.com/content/images/brd_art_ffxii/elementLinks/map2.jpg

That should be the Shunia Twinspan because the first one is Oltam Twinspan.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ May 25 2007, 11:38 PM) That should be the Shunia Twinspan because the first one is Oltam Twinspan.
Im at Lhusu Mines/Shunia Twinspan rightnow (press Select) but they dont do unlimited summon for skeletons. They stop summoning... I went to next map and come back, no more skeleton.

I can only do 36 Chain...

Hmm is this a lie? about unlimited summon..

Right now Im party guest with Lamont...

Hmmm i know the place with the skeletons. I used it to level up and get lots of cash. I found that they do keep respawning for a long time if you keep running around and dont stay at one side of the bridge. But it does stop eventually, when this happened i just went to the other bridge which also has a lot of skeletons, then when finished there i came back. I think i read in a guide that if you leave two screens then come back they respawn.

I need some help defeating the espers at Garamsythe waterway, Mosphoran Highwaste, and Stillshrine of Miriam (the 2nd esper in there). Tips? Suggestions?

Be high lvl XD my current lvl cant beat them yet but 5-10 more lvl up I can so i think my lvl was around 55 so you need to be like 60-65 to beat them. Although the water way one wear some stuff that will prevent those status effects and get alot stuff that will heal u and hope for the best XD

Thanks! I have a long way to go then. My highest level character is also around level 55. It takes a long time to level up when you get to this level.

What accessory do you need for the Garamsythe waterway esper? Is it an anti-sap accessory (quasimodo boots?)? Or is it something else.

BTW, I think the esper at the Mosphoran highwaste can be defeated using a certain accessory also. I think it's called the opal ring. Got it from the Bazaar. It enables your spells to work even if the target has reflect status effect. So, just beat up the esper until it raises its pailing, then stop your physical attacks and just use your offensive spells. I'm just waiting until the time I can acquire 2 more opal rings.

Also, you can try casting reverse on yourself. So when the esper casts a powerful spell, instead of dying, your character/s get completely healed. Too bad reverse only works for a short time.

QUOTE (Lemonadez @ May 26 2007, 01:42 AM) Im at Lhusu Mines/Shunia Twinspan rightnow (press Select) but they dont do unlimited summon for skeletons. They stop summoning... I went to next map and come back, no more skeleton.

I can only do 36 Chain...

Hmm is this a lie? about unlimited summon..

Right now Im party guest with Lamont...
you usually can do a pretty big chain over 100+ i say so with the skeletons however after a while they do stop respawning so either you do as mums4u4less said go back two screens or if sometimes they still do not show up just go to the beggining of the cave and come back. Usually works.

I had Vaan, Fran, and Ashe all level 80+. Vaan had the Zodiac spear (highest damage in the game) and i would just use Frash as back up attack and Ashe as healing. I rarely used quickening and i found my self to beat the game easy enough. Though you can level up your characters over night using gambits and this monster. (forgot name)

I never could use quickenings properly... I better learn how this summer! One of the things I am looking forward to most about going home, is getting to play this game again!
laugh.gif
(ok, maybe I am sad/pathetic, but this game is REALLY GOOD too!) Last time I kinda gave my team all sorts of weapons, ie, one character didn't level up one type of weapon.. I think I am definitly going to change that. What weapons would you recommend for each character? I was thinking:

Vaan - Dagger
Ashe - Sword
Penelo - Pole
Basch - Katana
Balthier - Gun (of course!)
Fran - Bow
biggrin.gif

hmm i mostly played with Vaan,Fran,Ashe and penelo.

Vaan used mostly daggers and sword not two handed.
Fran used bow hehe
Ashe two handed swords or a spear/ healing person sometimes
Penelo used two handed swords or a spear/ healing person sometimes

i got all of them almost max level and i love quickening, already got all of them for each person because it helps a lot on the mp ^^. Now the quickenings are good if you do a big combo of them it does good damage im not sure but i think my max chain was around 23.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 21 2007, 08:03 AM) I never could use quickenings properly... I better learn how this summer! One of the things I am looking forward to most about going home, is getting to play this game again!
laugh.gif
(ok, maybe I am sad/pathetic, but this game is REALLY GOOD too!) Last time I kinda gave my team all sorts of weapons, ie, one character didn't level up one type of weapon.. I think I am definitly going to change that. What weapons would you recommend for each character? I was thinking:

Vaan - Dagger
Ashe - Sword
Penelo - Pole
Basch - Katana
Balthier - Gun (of course!)
Fran - Bow
biggrin.gif

If you want something that works well for each character and still works well regardless of who you put in as your current party member, leave them as they were with their base weapons. Although it won't vary much, it does give a change and leaves the characters at a vantage point. Here's my set-up:
Basche: Axe/hammer; he'll work well with this.
Vaan: Swords (1-hand or 2-hand)
Fran: Bow or Spear; Bow is good for ranged attacks, but at the same time the damage range is to wide. Spears are good for distance and attacks, but leaves Fran open for attack.
Penelo: Daggers; Penelo could be the fastest member in your party, so you want her to be as fast as possible attack-wise.
Balthier: Guns or Hand-bombs: His distance and hits are faster and distracting. In my case, I use him to lure a boss away so he wouldn't attack at a bad time.
Ashe: Any blade weapons; I've never found a settled weapon for Ashe. Swords were pretty good for her, but I found out daggers do just as efficiently. I'll possibly stay with one-hand, though.

That's my melee build. If you want a magicks and techniks build, have Penelo or Ashe hold onto a Measure or Staff. They're best for casting your magick, in my opinion. Fran can also be on the caster-side, but Fran was already magick-wise anyways, so regardless of what she holds, she'll have the best magick efficiency out of the group.

I already finished the game with different combinations. The only combination I didn't use so far is the distance formations:
Balthier (with gun), Fran (with bow) and Ashe (with measure)
Ashe (Measure), Penelo (Staff), Fran (Spear)
Fran (bow) and Balthier (gun)

After I finish those 3, I'm gonna try going solo for each member
smile.gif

As for quickenings, they're pretty good only if you think your magicks not going to be any good against heavy bosses. Vaan, Fran, and Ashe probably is the best quickening party you can use against a boss. Plus, if you get it past a 15-chain quickening, you'll find a pretty sweet damage XD

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 21 2007, 09:03 AM)I never could use quickenings properly... I better learn how this summer!
Quickenings enable you to deliver massive damage to your target (ie. Boss or Esper) and its underlings (usually kills all of them). You should definitely learn how to properly use it. Defeating bosses or epers will be much easier.

Anyway, everyone of my characters use swords/shield or guns as a standard. No huge deviance in damage and guns don't miss (or maybe rarely miss). Bows and crossbows tend to miss against high level monsters. But, bows deliver a lot more damage than guns. On the other hand, guns, bows, and crossbows each have a unique set of ammunition. They each have their own purpose. So, I still use bows and crossbows.

Sometimes, I go by this configuration also: Basch - axe/katana, Penelo - dagger, Fran - bow/katana, Vaan - katana/pole/spear/axe, Balthier - hand bombs, everyone except Fran - crossbow. It depends on my mood or if there is a need.

By the way, I noticed that no one mentioned ninja swords (I think its ninjato in nihonggo). Ninja swords deliver really quick attacks (faster than the katana) and provide adequate defense (like having a shield). Although, they are not good against undead. The undead are actually healed when you hit them. Probably, due to the fact that ninja swords deliver "dark" damage.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back