Final Fantasy XII

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
thanks for the tips hama and chreyzee, I'm definitly going to try them out
biggrin.gif

lol, I would try to use quickenings against bosses, but I would always pass the controller to my brother, he knows how to use them, I suppose I will get him to teach me!

I'm going to start a new file... but I really hate going through the tutorials all over again... uggh... but I suppose there is no way to skip that huh?

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 22 2007, 04:34 PM)lol, I would try to use quickenings against bosses, but I would always pass the controller to my brother, he knows how to use them, I suppose I will get him to teach me!

I'm going to start a new file... but I really hate going through the tutorials all over again... uggh... but I suppose there is no way to skip that huh?
You dont honestly need to use quicken but it is good to learn it for the mp boost =D lol cause after 2/3 of the game I had little things left to learn and I only learn 1 quicken through out that time but didnt notice what it did XD so once I learn the quicken I notice the mp boost. If you configure your character correctly your mp and ppl will not die too easily because mine I just set the cure/life stuff and attack gambit and just walk to monster I wanted to fight and run around with my distant attact character so he/she would gain mp back while attack far away. Game got too easy like that but it not effective for overpower monster but it did great on the last boss although I had to revive my ppl alot...and I bearly use any attack magic...

Well for the tutorials isnt there a way to skip it if I remember correctly it ask if you want to learn it or not...I could be just remembering things from other games though.

btw Vaan work well with Pole too... I guess I say the rest like the other did again...
Ashe - Sword
Penelo - Dagger
Basch - Axe
Balthier - Gun
Fran - Bow

Most of them had their default weapon spec...

Hey, did anyone try doing the Pilgrim's door side quest in the Sochen Cave Palace? I tried to solve the puzzle for quite some time. I kept going in circles in that darn cave until I got really dizzy. So, I gave up trying to solve it on my own and I looked it up on a walkthrough (it felt like cheating). Anyway, the solution was quite absurd. You had to enter and exit at certain places which I think couldn't be deduced from the clues provided.

By the way, does anyone know an alternative way of obtaining the zodiac spear? I read about it in the walkthrough and it seems that I can't obtain it because I picked up certain treasure bins early in the game. I really want the Zodiac spear but if it's not meant to be then I will accept my fate.

QUOTE (chreyzee @ Jun 23 2007, 09:25 PM)By the way, does anyone know an alternative way of obtaining the zodiac spear? I read about it in the walkthrough and it seems that I can't obtain it because I picked up certain treasure bins early in the game. I really want the Zodiac spear but if it's not meant to be then I will accept my fate.
There is only one way... yeah, i was quite disappointed to... i mean who can resist chests?

There is another way to get this spear, its a chest but i heard that its a really small chance of getting the spear by this method.

Oooooohhhhh... Someone revived the Final Fantasy XII thread... Hahahahahahaaaaa...
laugh.gif

QUOTE (cryingdevil @ Apr 11 2008, 08:13 PM)There is only one way... yeah, i was quite disappointed to... i mean who can resist chests?
Yeah, I definitely know what you mean... It's just hard to resist them...
wink.gif
Hehe, one has to plunder as much money/treasure so you can buy kick-ass stuff, right?
tongue.gif
Besides, it's plundering all the treasure chests the you can find is a SOP for RPG's...
laugh.gif

QUOTE (haseeb @ Apr 12 2008, 09:38 PM)There is another way to get this spear, its a chest but i heard that its a really small chance of getting the spear by this method.
Ooooohhhh... Curious... Do you mind teaching me this other method, hmm?
tongue.gif
Haha, a small chance is much better than nil, right?
laugh.gif

Sore ja... Mata ne!!!
tongue.gif

You need to get the Diamond Armlet to get the Zodiac Spear, as well as access to the second part of the Henne Mines (where Zodiark is). You can do this by getting at least 10 Espers and finishing the Mind Flayer hunt. Go to the Geomancer in the Land of the Garif and he'll open up the second part of the Henne Mines. Once inside, the Zodiac Spear is in this location, as indicated by sephirothsuy's map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/sep...hen_str_hal.jpg

You NEED the Diamond Armlet equipped because this is a rare item. ALso, there's only a 10% chance that the chest will appear, and there's only a 10% chance that the Zodiac Spear will appear given that you equip the Diamond Armlet.

QUOTE (Keiya @ Apr 13 2008, 10:59 AM)You need to get the Diamond Armlet to get the Zodiac Spear, as well as access to the second part of the Henne Mines (where Zodiark is). You can do this by getting at least 10 Espers and finishing the Mind Flayer hunt. Go to the Geomancer in the Land of the Garif and he'll open up the second part of the Henne Mines. Once inside, the Zodiac Spear is in this location, as indicated by sephirothsuy's map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/sep...hen_str_hal.jpg

You NEED the Diamond Armlet equipped because this is a rare item. ALso, there's only a 10% chance that the chest will appear, and there's only a 10% chance that the Zodiac Spear will appear given that you equip the Diamond Armlet.
Hehe, thanks a lot for the tip, Keiya-san...
happy.gif
I'll give it a try when I get to play FF XXII again...
wink.gif
And, hopefully, it will be sometime soon...
tongue.gif
Haha, actually, I stopped playing FF XII for sometime now...
laugh.gif

Sore ja... Mata ne!!!
tongue.gif

That being said... I didn't wana go find that darn spear or continue all the marks...

I just wanted to play until the ending to see if the story was as any good as its predecessors. Unfortunately, where all the other series hit the nail on the head, this series hit WAY OFF MARK.

The gameplay's interesting and unique (if a tad punishing, unrewarding, sadistic and lazy), but the story is a boring snorefest of the 1980's RPG variety. I mean, I appreciate the doing things differently part, but after being spoiled by so many RPG's with good, interesting stories (Suikoden Xenosaga, FFVI-X, Persona 3), we get FFXII and its story is as boring and as predictable as heck, a soundtrack with nothing memorable, and an expensive world where nothing interesting happens. You can have good gameplay and still retain those, yanno.

Anyways, that's my thought on FFXII.

QUOTE (Keiya @ Apr 16 2008, 02:45 PM) That being said... I didn't wana go find that darn spear or continue all the marks...

I just wanted to play until the ending to see if the story was as any good as its predecessors. Unfortunately, where all the other series hit the nail on the head, this series hit WAY OFF MARK.

The gameplay's interesting and unique (if a tad punishing, unrewarding, sadistic and lazy), but the story is a boring snorefest of the 1980's RPG variety. I mean, I appreciate the doing things differently part, but after being spoiled by so many RPG's with good, interesting stories (Suikoden Xenosaga, FFVI-X, Persona 3), we get FFXII and its story is as boring and as predictable as heck, a soundtrack with nothing memorable, and an expensive world where nothing interesting happens. You can have good gameplay and still retain those, yanno.

Anyways, that's my thought on FFXII.
Not to mention the characters had little to no depth/development what so ever. Plus what made the past FF's interesting to me was the romance, in this one, there's absolutely no romance to be seen.

Well I'm practically 100% complete, just need to find all the maps and I'm done (Already completed the bestiary list, found all the weapons, hunts, etc.)

QUOTE (TMaelstrom @ Apr 16 2008, 05:18 PM) Not to mention the characters had little to no depth/development what so ever. Plus what made the past FF's interesting to me was the romance, in this one, there's absolutely no romance to be seen.

Well I'm practically 100% complete, just need to find all the maps and I'm done (Already completed the bestiary list, found all the weapons, hunts, etc.)
Right right and totally right....

As you may now... Im so much of an FF lover I do almost have their franchises and even remakes or whatnot pushing that Aside.

I think FF 12 would have made a better story infact some parts of the story were actually sort of good too bad it almost looked liked they focused to much on the new trend of the Battle system and other new features (but really I felt KH was much so much better than this considering it was made by one of my fav SE staffs Tetsuya Nomura)
either way I think we got at least a good preview what FF XI would have been like for regions like me (sadly) cant play it even though Im not really into XI still I would liked to had an experience of playing it.

Well, Ive already finished the game few months after it being released and it was safe to say I actually had 95%-97% of everything being completed and too bad EVEN though I KNEW that ignoring some of the chest could get me ZS I NEVER realised I was such a perfectionist and damn I tried to make a new game again too bad my enthusiasm got killed >.<.

PS: to those who "missed the Zodiac spear" Repeating the game IS SO much better than getting it in the zodiac mines. Trust me look at the variables, Possibly even in one month or more You would have NO chance of getting ever so while you could just repeat the whole game, and in the 2nd run you'd actually notice you'd move faster; 3-7 days/1-3 weeks you may complete the game w/o side quests, 2-6 weeks of getting the 100% of everything you want (even lesser if you're that Hardcore)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back