Final Fantasy XII

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

hamasusuke

-aniue
Retired
Okay since the game is really new and no one has (yet) to actually walk through the game, i might as well make a thread.

I got the game yesterday and been 3 or 4 hours into it. So far, I'm stuck on the Queen Mimic. I know much that here long-ranged attacks works best here, but when your melee players die, you're screwed.

So, what do you guys I recommend doing? push Vaan back away from melee and devote him to healing?

BTW, i ran out of potions and have only a few pheonix down items. i'm dooooooommmed..

Hamasusuke I recommend you to go back and get some more .exp until you are around level 9-10, health points are crucial in this game since the enemies are gang on just one of your characters.

For the battle, I recommend
- using Bashe for melee since he got the strongest strength and attack point so just make him hit as much as possible.
- USE BLIZZARD, the mimics' weak point is blizzard magic so use Vann and Fran to cast blizzard ALL THE TIME
- For Bathier, make him the support dude. Make him use potions for ur lo-health charactrers ASAP after below 50% health

Gambat is CRUCIAL because it makes life easier to manage ur guys

for me I might do something like this (im using Vaan as my player)

Vaan
1) Potion - ally >30% health
2) Cure - ally >50% health
3) Blizzard - attack nearest enemies

Fran
1) Cure - ally >50% health
2) Blizzard - attack leader's target
2) Attack - attack leader's target

Bathier
1) First Aid - ally >30% health
2) Potion - ally >60& health
3) attack - attack leader's target

The battle is going to be easy as long as you heal your guys and keep the attack goings, you really want to end the battle fast because if that battery gauge goes down below 30% the enemies gets stronger. Just ignore the small mimics and concentrate on the Queen. One thing I do is make Vaan run around the Queen mimic so it only attack me, while the others attack it.

p.s. you should NEVER have to use Phoneix Down because that mean your guys are not high level enough. This game is not designed to use Phoneix Down that much, that's why it cost $250 to buy one.

i was on level 5 when i beat that mimic queen. i just dont remember how i did it. lol. (not much help there) i got killed 3 times there. but i managed to kill it. try not to focus on those small fries. everytime she starts preparing to do that ultimate or whatever attack, use potion or heal to everyone just to be ready.

im in a part now where im going to fight judge ghis. hes a very hard enemy. i got killed like 5 times already. sigh* and theres no way to save the game coz the sphere is right there where the fight will start. darn it.

Ok MKK, i'm going to try what you recommended. Thanks.

BTW, how far are you guys into teh game?

looser, mimic queen is the most easy boss at the moment, wait for fight against the three lizards that are hunting balthier, that is a really pain in the ass

me.. im still in that judge ghis. lol i stopped there coz i ran out of patience so i ended up starting again. i just save the judge ghis on separate slot so if i have the courage again ill play it again. lol

QUOTE (marioalanis @ Nov 23 2006, 02:09 PM) looser, mimic queen is the most easy boss at the moment, wait for fight against the three lizards that are hunting balthier, that is a really pain in the ass
you are supposed to run all the way back to the entrance, so that's not really a battle

labk1ta - to fight judge ghis I would use Vaan, Ashe, and Bashe. Kill the soldiers first, and concentrate on Ghis later. There's not alot to explain on how to defeat him, magic attacks is good especailly aero but I would save that for curing your allies. One thing is that always keep ur HP above 60% because his thunder attack will take 200-300 HPs so be awared. I was around level 17-19 when I fought him.

If you are starting over you can go back to the mine where you went through with Larsa, the skeleton soldiers there are good for leveling up ur guys and their loots can be sold for 125$! I think I've also got a golden armor with a defense of 20 which i got from one of those rare bat monsters.

mkk thanks for the tips. i was thinking the same thing. coz man that was hard for me. lol i was really frustrated.

Well, i got to beating the Mimic Queen. Woot ~

Well, now i'm on the Dreadnought Laviathan (damn that's a cool name!). Any suggestions on how to knock out the judges?

oh and gambits are really useful when using dark magic attacks. Always working for me
tongue.gif

kill that mage ASAP, then kill all the soldiers before you fight the judges. black magics and green magics like blind and slow are good too. You should use aero because it demages all enemies within ranges. For the battle I will use Vaan, Bashe, and Fran with lance (Yah i bought a lance for her).

Since Vollser is there always remember to heal him because his attacks are the strongest. The bad thing here is that the AIs always gang on just one of your characters and they die very easily. So I would make Vossler and Bashe do the attacks while Fran do the healing. While Vaan do both.

well.. like i have any options of buying the magicks now, and weapons.

I think I'll have to rely on using tatics again. And i'll use your strategy too.

Plus, no green magic. I wasn't expecting to use these skills until afterwards.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Nov 23 2006, 03:17 PM) Well, i got to beating the Mimic Queen. Woot ~

Well, now i'm on the Dreadnought Laviathan (damn that's a cool name!). Any suggestions on how to knock out the judges?

oh and gambits are really useful when using dark magic attacks. Always working for me
tongue.gif

lol good job! im about to find that boy who can the stone or something in the desert.(again) i even bought the guidebook. lol!

You have the guide book? oh cool then

Tell me from that: What's best against Gaulva (or that shiny bird at the entrance to the tomb)

ok ill get back to u in a few on that one. ill check it. is it garuda? cant find gaulva

Yeah I kinda spelled it wrong. Garuda.

Anyways, I just need to go back and get that berry from that quest, after reading some faqs. Seems like I'm gonna spend some time leveling up as well.

Still need to know some of its more efficient weaknesses though!

heres some facts

first move - use the eksir berries
need to use magick attacks - thunder, water.
cast silence to eliminate its magick attacks. try gun firing silent shot.
vosslers - telekinesis very effective
steal - gold needle, giant feather, white fang

Rite so im 54 hours into the game...
really taking the storyline slowly...though it doenst seem to have the edge/feel/impending doom of the world as pre-FFX ffs had...story is still developing-->have to go to arcadia now in the story-->(judges are pretty weak)...
tongue.gif

at level40...3 espers--belias, mateus, aldremmich( tough esper to beat at lvl30)

3 light armoured--vaan, baltheir, penelo
3 heavy armoured--fran,ashe,bash

the quickening system seems all too random to me...cant get the hang of it properly friends have taken the chain to 13...im stuck at 8
tongue.gif
.. can someone explain how to better use them?.

swords--vaan,ashe
dagger-penelo---love that zwill crossblade
tongue.gif
...got it on a item drop pretty early
guns--baltheir
bow--fran--yoichi bow--really early on - got it from a hunt reward
katana-bash---lolll...cool slicing action.

magicks..i started with doing roles with ppl--like fran-black/time , penelo--green/arcane , ashe-pure white...
with the guys going techniques....
now ihv had to get everyone almost everything...
except for baltheir and vaan...only 2 magicks in between them total..although all techniques

hunts...done a lot of hunts....clan level--riskbreaker i believe...will check back on that
hardest hunt-->hmm cant remember...the recent troublesome was the trickser..
have done all hunts pre- going to arcadia--the nalbina fortress ones.

BUT...could someone explain where !!! is that tavernmaster hunt--the serpent wine in zertinan caverns...have gone top to bottom thru the westersand...cant get it....have opened all pathways...even beat aldremmich..

QUOTE (Zkage @ Nov 23 2006, 11:56 PM) BUT...could someone explain where !!! is that tavernmaster hunt--the serpent wine in zertinan caverns...have gone top to bottom thru the westersand...cant get it....have opened all pathways...even beat aldremmich..
were you looking for marilith?

heres a tip:
1 talk to the tavernmaster.
2 enter the cavern frm dalmasca westersand to zertinan
3 marilith sits in the rounded bottom-right corner of the largest room in invitation to heresy
4 shut off all gambits. stay in the room for 5 mins.
5 walk into the corner after that time and it should appear.

try to blind and slow it at the start of the game

* need to return the serpentwyne must to the tavernmaster
* talk to migelo later

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back