Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (R. asuka @ Nov 19 2008, 10:15 PM)alonso will make a comeback next year. as long as renault can produce.

Well there has been a rumor going around that the FIA plan to give the teams engines and gearboxes so each team will have the same engine, it just depends on how they make use of it i guess.

That would be good because then it would split up the hardcore drivers from the ones who have no clue at all then some of the older drivers like Barechelo would be able to show their true driving skill. Similar as to what the FIA did with traction control, when they took that away from the drivers well lets just say some people fell behind.

Bit of a thread revival but it is relevant to F1 so don't mind me!
tongue.gif
So is anyone on FTV following F1 racing? And what do you think of the season so far? The biggest talking points regarding the new rules for this season are the re-introduction of KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) and the DRS (Drag Reduction System) feature on the rear wings. These two steps have both been done to facilitate overtaking but do these steps make overtaking too easy? Speaking of overtaking, it seems Ecclestone seems rather keen on introducing a sprinkling system on F1 circuits. I can hardly believe a man of his position would be seriously pushing for such a ludicrous idea.

Another significant event is the new tyre supplier of Pirelli. Unlike the older Bridgestone tyres the tyre degradation seems significantly higher particular with the option tyres. I am not sure what to make of this tyre wear. Yes Bridgestones lasted too long particularly the hard tyres which could have easily lasted the whole race but Pirelli seemed to have overcompensated for Bridgestones shortcoming. Now it has become a lottery when to pit and when the tyres go there is no grip and cars are two to three and maybe even four seconds slower per lap and are essentially sitting ducks for drivers using the optimal tyre this shortcoming is made even worse when you add the effect of DRS. I must admit though, I have only watched the Chinese Grand Prix so maybe that race was the exception. So I will watch more and see if this is a trend or it was just the last Grand Prix which was a crazy race.

One thing I would be interested to know, and be keen to hearing other peoples' opinion is whether any other team can seriously challenge Vettel's Red Bull? Once again Red Bull have got the jump on their competitors and the other teams must play catch-up. But barring mistakes and tactical errors (as was the case with Vettel in China) then it is quite hard to see Vettel getting beat. One thing is for sure; Alonso and Hamilton will have to race some blinders to prevent Vettel winning the world championship again.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back