FXP - file routing

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
FXP - file exchange protocol.

The FXP transfer system has been finished and is only usable by those with FXP enabled accounts. This system will send the file you wish to download to a designated FTP account, allowing you to bypass international bandwidth limitations placed on you by your ISP. FXP feature activation is on a need-only basis and is only available to those placed under these types of restrictions.

so this ties in with FPN, right?

FXP is only available to FTV members who are located outside of the United States and who use ISPs that place international download limitations. Since there's limited availability, you'll probably need to have some forum presence as well.

Nope, this system does not tie into FPN.

so this would make a few of us like equals in ways so we can download series, huh?>

i'm so glad that daft will set up the FPN. that way when i'm outside the US for vacation i can sill watch my fav.

although it sound good to me...
but overall.... i don't really understand the FXP process....
i'm sure its not an FTP...

so... mind show me more...
i've read about it here...

http://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/index.php/14

but not quite understand what fansub.tv offer....

p/s: i wish i could delete this post....

just, this post should be in support thread....
i'm really sorry

You need to have an FTP account on a server that's in your local country for this to work. Using FXP lets you transfer files from one server to another server, so if you don't have FTP access to a local server, then FXP does nothing for you.

lemme explain this for you guys -- that's the least i can do to thank daft, i'm one of those who needed this feature!

There are many places where Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have download limits. And some of these split downloads in 2 categories: downloads from servers within the same country, and international downloads.

I, for example, can download 20 GB of files from Portuguese servers and 1GB of files from international servers per month. Considering that it's VERY hard to get anime from portuguese servers, i end up having to get it from outside of Portugal.

And that means i can only get 1GB worth of anime per month.. which is almost nothing.. :/

But what if i could tell FTV to send a file to a portuguese server? If that happened, i'd go get it from the portuguese server, which means it would count as a portuguese download, right? which means i could get 20GB of anime per month, which is a decent figure
wink.gif
that's precisely what FXP does!

Instead of asking the Fansub TV servers to send me the file, i ask them to send it to my FTP server. and then i get it from my server. It's like telling your parents to leave some money at home for you to pick up, instead of going after your parents to get the money directly from them ;P

haha.. huge explanation! i hope it's clear enough.. if not just post your questions, i'll do my best to explain this feature!

/jp

ok i see the point. But still confuse what i have to do.
How bout those who are behind company firewall like my self. I can only used direct download and ftp download via internet ?? Sorry kind of lame isn't it
biggrin.gif

it's not really lame , i use university account to download anime so can only via direct of FTP, and recently the speed is just around 3kb/s which is super slow, so I want to know about how this system work to, I live in Australia

Even with a firewall, you should be able to use bittorent. Just change the port that is used and your good to go.
Of course, you wont get super fast download, since other people wont be able to connect to you. But you will be able to connect to them, so it wil for. You will be what some bittorent call firewaled. But you should get better speed than 3kb/s

the whole thing about downloading at 3kb/s is because u have to wait before your speed actually goes up. the theory is; when u want to download something, u will be waiting in a line. If theres 200 people downloading, u will have to wait before u make it into the first 20. When u make it into the first 20, ur speed will goes up and probably downloading in a very fast speed. It's basically like waiting in line of a supermarket.

Well let's suggest that someone has a ftp account, how much quota on the server must have to get thinks going. Personaly i have 100mb in my university but actually is around 80mb. So is it possible, with such low capacity considering that the average episode is around 170 mb.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back