Game section on the front page?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you want games to be on the front page?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

• Don't mind

• No

• Total voters

monsta666

-the bee's knees
Staff member
Fansub TV Team
When looking at the front page there are number of headers (recent topics, announcements, voice of change etc). I notice that the Games section is not there and as it is the third most popular section (in terms of replies, behind only anime and general discourse), I thought wouldn't it be logical to have it on the front page?

If the section is so popular could it reel in new posters? So I ask how many people would want the game section on the front page?

Just to make things clear, I propose an extra header for games. It would mean all the game topics would fall under this header. This would make it easier to track game threads e.g type-moon, guess the anime, riddles etc.

I'm all for that being a computer game enthusiast myself (platforms also but mostly computer). I'm pretty much ready to punt a baby for the new Starcraft II game coming out which is another couple months away... but that's just me...

Before I answer to this what kind of games are we talking about. Are we talking about certain game title threads up on the main page, for example one of hte gmaes that reciently came out. Or a certain group that makes games like the Key thread or Type-Moon thread.

I'd like to be clear on this issue here, before I even make a choice you know, because it sounds good in theory as of now.

kid-wolf a sempais!?
ohmy.gif
Someone is moving up in the world! Congrats!
smile.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 06 2008, 06:45 PM)Before I answer to this what kind of games are we talking about. Are we talking about certain game title threads up on the main page, for example one of hte gmaes that reciently came out. Or a certain group that makes games like the Key thread or Type-Moon thread.

I'd like to be clear on this issue here, before I even make a choice you know, because it sounds good in theory as of now.

Sorry I wasn't clear about this. If you look at the front page, on the right there are headers for thoughtful discuss, anime, manga etc. As seen here:

I propose an extra header for games. It would mean all the game topics would fall under this header. This would make it easier to track game threads e.g type-moon, key, riddles etc.
smile.gif

As guests would also see the header it might reel in more type-moon slaves. Maybe, well one can always hope!
tongue.gif

Although we do have the header on the main page that goes to the Game section, but I guess it would be nice if it show what the Gamming Section has to offer. Although with the Game Page it only has info about the Type-Moon thread and the Key thread. Well the first post about it to be exact though. Although that page could be improved upon though.

Never the less it sounds like a good idea to try out once. I mean we did the blog system that way, so why not.

QUOTE (monsta666 @ May 06 2008, 01:35 PM) When looking at the front page there are number of headers (recent topics, announcements, voice of change etc). I notice that the Games section is not there and as it is the third most popular section (in terms of replies, behind only anime and general discourse), I thought wouldn't it be logical to have it on the front page?

If the section is so popular could it reel in new posters? So I ask how many people would want the game section on the front page?

Just to make things clear, I propose an extra header for games. It would mean all the game topics would fall under this header. This would make it easier to track game threads e.g type-moon, guess the anime, riddles etc.
A "Games" header has been added to the right-hand navigation bar, showing new posts in the Games forum.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 06 2008, 02:25 PM)Although we do have the header on the main page that goes to the Game section, but I guess it would be nice if it show what the Gamming Section has to offer. Although with the Game Page it only has info about the Type-Moon thread and the Key thread. Well the first post about it to be exact though. Although that page could be improved upon though.

Never the less it sounds like a good idea to try out once. I mean we did the blog system that way, so why not.

If you have any ideas on what the games page should actually contain, feel free to suggest anything. That page is just a stand-in until something is worked out.

Well daft-sama I was thinking it's ok with the first post of those threads, but it could try an highlight some of the posts from thos threads, or other important gamming topics that are posted in the Gamming section. Like the games that the members here created. It could help show that not only do we talk about games, but we also play certain kinds of games here as well.

Also, the only thing that kind of bugs me is how the both Key and Type-Moon threads are the only two things on the Gamming section. Also it seems you have to have something higher then an 800X600 resolution to see that page properly. Although that's my opinion though.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back