Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
C0jxoPG.jpg

Titles: il sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion, Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou, Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni, The Sun Penetrates the Illusions

Genre: Magic
Studio: AIC
Director: Keizou Kusakawa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's, Dog Days)
Series Composition: Michiko Itou (HENNEKO, Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions)
Original Concept: Haruyasu Akagi, Hidenori Tanaka

Music: Tatsuya Katou (Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere)

Number of episodes: Unknown

Opening Theme:
"träumerei" by LiSA

Ending Theme:
"-Mirage-" by Natsumi Okamoto

Synopsis:
A story of girls who solve mysterious matters that occur in this world, using the mystical tarot cards that hold the power to read destinies."
(source=ANN

Cast
Mai Kadowaki as Akari Taiyō
Eri Kitamura as Seira Hoshikawa
Sora Tokui as Luna Tsukuyomi
Yuiko Tatsumi as Ginka Shirokane

Aya Endo as Etia Visconti
Kikuko Inoue as Ariel Valtiel Westcott
Ruriko Aoki as Priscilla Twilight
Nao Tōyama as Meltina Melvis
Atsumi Tanezaki as Itsuki Tendo, Mutsumi Tendo & Nanase Tendo
Ayane Sakura as Fuyuna Shinzak
Aya Hisakawa as Hinata Taiyo
Shiori Izawa as Schrodinger

Thoughts:
I haven't watched it myself, but I read some positive reviews for the first ep on MAL. I think if you're interested in the magical girl genre, it's something to give a try.

This series has gotten a bad rap already as a Madoka Magica "wannabe" show. Yes it does have similar elements of magic and tragedy, along with the innocence of the main character.
That being said, I still don't think the first episode was that strong. There should have been more character development, especially with Fuyuna.
I thought it was weird that the next day they sort of repeat the day they visited Akari's mom's grave and Fuyuna is missing, but nobody even notices or questions it? Does that mean her existence was erased?
Anyway, I see a closer resemblance to Sailor Moon than Madoka Magica, looking at how each of them have an elemental power. I don't know if I will continue watching this, but since it's an original show I am curious where its headed.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back