General Drawing Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Was sketching in open canvas... I was just messing around.. not really paying attention... but before I know it this girl started to look reaalllly Shoujo
shoujogirla.jpg

Hey fellow ftv'ers,

I'm looking for someone with good quality drawing abilities for work that could appear in up-coming issues of the J-Zine (webzine). So if you've ever had aspirations of drawing for a manga here is your opportunity. If you don't have such lofty goals and just like designing different characters that's certainly okay as well.

Qualifications:
- Be able to draw character designs
- Possible manga artist skills
- Need to be reliable
- You don't need to come up w/actual scripts writers will do that

Contact Information:
senpai-kun or email me at: [email protected].
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

I wanted to see if any of the ftv aspiring artists would be interested in this project. It won't be very time consuming at all. To start off we just need a few character designs because the story will only feature a few characters to begin with.

The main character - a 21 yr. old female that has the appearance of a loli
Side characters - Like an agent, secretary, and make-up artist

So roughly it would be around 3 to 4 character designs. Plus drawing a few scenes with the characters interacting/backgrounds.

If this seems like something you'd be interested in just drop me a line at the contact info. above. We can discuss any further details or questions you might have. This could be a really fun & stress free project so I hope you will give it some consideration.

THNX
Senpai.

So after being told by monsta i need to post in here thats what ive done starting with my most recent to my not so recent Xd.

Very nice Shini, the ones on the second spoiler tag would make great tatoos.

I used to draw very much like that and also I would not usually give any of my character's faces, now all I draw are faces it seems.

Do not encourage our young Shini to get a tattoo. D:
He'll think it's so cool and tell everyone that he drew his own tattoo. >>;

Awesome work there shini, very well drawned
wink.gif
i like it
happy.gif

Well, i've found some of my other works. So here they are.
I had to take pictures of them because my scanner broke down =_= so the pics are on their sides.

Though some of you have talent in here...many of us do not...but here's a really nice article to inspire those who aspire to be artists of the highest caliber...enjoy!
wink.gif

Shini's stuff was a bit blurred and thus I am unable to appreciate it and Chuuko's is sideways, obviously, hum...can't quite make it out either...but keep up the work guys.
wink.gif

Hope you all read this and get some tips on how to grow as an artist...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-gallery/2009-05-23

Shini u better on other art than anime haha...lol really u need to work on your lines though cant really say too much without the reference u use though lol but from what i see u need to work on the lines and i think see some ...cant remember the word but like the arm is i think a bit small.

Chuuko pretty good haruhi might have too much ummm...head like the top is to high or something. Akira i think she have too long of a face maybe too. Also from the one someone quoted Your work seem the same some improve here and there =P

Also one way to improve is use grids and it may improve gradualy

................ i should draw on my pad now and then....i still need to finish one i was working on before which was Nerine...didnt finish the face and part of the hair

That image is not bad very good to be exact but one thing that would have made it better which u cant fix is keep a pattern when coloring it in as in like if u have X style keep it dont add a straight line left to right or so on if u understand what i mean.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Jul 01 2009, 09:09 PM)That image is not bad very good to be exact but one thing that would have made it better which u cant fix is keep a pattern when coloring it in as in like if u have X style keep it dont add a straight line left to right or so on if u understand what i mean.
I see what you mean it was a coloring job in like 2 min.
blink.gif

I still have the original (the one I colored was I copy that I inked) so I'll work on coloring it more "professionally."

Actually you have demonstrated a colouring technique that you didnt even know about. Although you have used it in the wrong place in this particular drawing, you have given the hair a cross thatch. Cross thatch is a shading technique as you can see by the hair, some parts look darker than others in certain places where more lines have crossed.

I like it and it looks very good. id like to see a shaded version which would give it the real life effect. I used to do that alot when drawing in art class. *i doodled alooot*.

QUOTE (ChaoS;GUard @ Jul 01 2009, 05:39 PM) Here's the most recent drawing I've done it was an original character whom has no name
smile.gif

comments would be appreciated
biggrin.gif

06-19-2009095347AM.jpg

I think, imho, it is a very nice face. The sweet look in her eyes makes her very appealing. All you need do is master your technique with regards to her hair, and you got it going on, ChaoS;GUard-san! Cut yourself some slack too as good drawing skills come with time. I am not a person who can draw, I can write though, so I am in no position to be harsh on you, as you have an eye for drawing way better than I do. Since Kansa is so keen on critiquing your work, I'd like to see his stuff here as well, and let us amateurs take a look-see.
rolleyes.gif

All I did was say the image was great but the pattern of the colorin is random keeping it to one pattern would made it better.

Also I did show mine long ago the one I was able to scan but had to scan it a couple time and merge it together with photoshop though... so there are lighting problem because of the multiple scans.

Just so u dont have to look for it i repost it i guess.

original

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Mar 23 2006, 12:58 AM)How my drawings? Sorry about the glare couldnt scan it so i use a camera.
Primula Kiddy Grade, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Ah My Goddess Pani Poni Dash
dry.gif
ran out of my white and cream prismacolor doing those. Also tell me if anyone want to see the reference I used to draw/color it although it will be 13 link I will be posting if im allow to do that.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Mar 23 2006, 06:01 PM)My advice to deadsnake is if you using a reference to draw your pic is to draw what you see just like my teacher tell me... or grid your reference and drawing although I didn't used a grid I just free hand mine from the reference. But if you asking to make a new character then try looking at other ppl hand or leg and alter it a bit to draw yours but if it don't come out erase and draw again.
And to Ultima here all the reference I used to draw them. Just to say my drawing that had Skuld, the board used to be blue
dry.gif

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...shichijosan.jpg Pani Poni Dash...same for the next 6
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...idashsuzuki.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...ponidashRei.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...idashmomose.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...idashmiyako.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...idashHimeko.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...aniponidash.jpg

Lastly a pic I did get to scan from my sketch pad althought also that got messy on the top. http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi.../Untitled-1.jpg Reference for that http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/boi...RikuandRisa.jpg
And for those who don't like big post sorry.

Some stuff was edited out because it have stuff in my post already and i reedit some stuff too. The Riku and risa one had some smugs so i tried to rewhiten the paper on it with photoshop that why it look like that on the top.

Also i have other drawing that i didnt scan though...

Ah...I understand now, Kansa-san. You do speak with authority and I see you have also, a nice drawing style. Very well done, indeed. Thanks so much for sharing. It would be nice if you were to do a manga with senpai-kun, it would be well drawn and quite colorful.
wink.gif
You are talented indeed. I hope you give us "scribblers" tips on how to draw, in the near future.
tongue.gif

I'm interested in helping... I'm always looking for ways to help build up my skills

Both of these are original characters I was doing.. err.. recent works that I got bored of.. I really liked the first but a friend of mine convinced me that her hair was way too butch so I stopped shading her pretty much right as I started.. and the second was just a boring character >.>;;

So yea.. some works from the last couple weeks.

1. Hotaru (OC) - top half, not even remotely close to being done shading
hotaru6small.jpg

2. Hotaru (OC) - full body line-art
hotarulineartsmall.jpg

3. Suzume (OC) - a little bit of her lineart... she was suppose to look Clannad-ish but I just got bored with her
suzume4small.jpg

Just finished a new one, the scanner didn't want to scan the whole thing correctly, so some of the picture is cut off.
sad.gif

07-14-2009065248PM.jpg

Comments would, once again, be appreciated.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ChaoS;GUard @ Jul 14 2009, 06:10 PM) Just finished a new one, the scanner didn't want to scan the whole thing correctly, so some of the picture is cut off. 
sad.gif

07-14-2009065248PM.jpg

Comments would, once again, be appreciated. 
biggrin.gif

One thing I would say is that you probably need to do is make one line instead of "scratch" lines. The picture looks much cleaner if you would. It's ok to scratch but not excessively. Try making swift long lines.

Here's my rough draft of heroic age. It's not fully colored/shaded and I haven't even outlined certain places, but here's the preview. The art is half edited. It was originally on paper, which is why the left half is different from the right half. So, it's actually pretty far from fully finished. Still, hope you like it, cause I'm feeling too lazy to finish at the moment.

Also, any artists that would help make original art at request are welcome at the Original Art Request Thread.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jul 14 2009, 08:38 PM) One thing I would say is that you probably need to do is make one line instead of "scratch" lines. The picture looks much cleaner if you would. It's ok to scratch but not excessively. Try making swift long lines.

Here's my rough draft of heroic age. It's not fully colored/shaded and I haven't even outlined certain places, but here's the preview. The art is half edited. It was originally on paper, which is why the left half is different from the right half. So, it's actually pretty far from fully finished. Still, hope you like it, cause I'm feeling too lazy to finish at the moment.

Also, any artists that would help make original art at request are welcome at the Original Art Request Thread.
Thanks and I see what you mean. I guess it may be a very bad habit of mine >.<.
Hopefully I can clean the picture up
smile.gif

Oh and great work there
ohmy.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back