Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE I has played the game rolleyes.gif *insert whistling emoticon here* tongue.gif

well, i didn´t... still have to learn japanese or find an english version of higurashi-games
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Y - Why @ May 22 2009, 12:24 PM)
well, i didn´t... still have to learn japanese or find an english version of higurashi-games
rolleyes.gif

There is a patch for the first few games. The rest...just look for translation text files. They're all over the internet if you know where to search
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 22 2009, 07:17 PM) It's an OVA, which means it comes out once every month or two. The next one is released today. After that, the final part to Dice-Killing is released on June 24, 2009, and the final OVA from the Daybreak Chapter is released on August 21, 2009. Blu-Rays follow about one month after the DVD release.
Argh damn too long a wait til the next one. Thanks.

Episodes 2 and 3 were much better than the first episode. I like it better when Higurashi is shrouded in mystery and drama. I won't go as far as to say that these last two OVA episodes are going to win anime awards but they did provide some interesting plot twists.

The fact that Rika's mom is supposedly the fragment sets up for quite the juicy scenario. Does she stay in a world where her parents are still alive or try and return to good ole punishment game's time w/Kei-chan? Having to actually kill her mother would be a hell of a dilemna and I'm hoping that they don't give her some kind of easy out. It's pretty ironic how this all came about as she basically brought all this upon herself. Going full speed peddle to the metal downhill is just asking to umm have your head decapitated by the wheels of a truck 
laugh.gif
or something like that.

All I can say is there is a reason why you do not mess with Rika. Also, it seems that they had to give Satoko a savage beating in each world that Rika goes through it seems. I really liked how she did it in her adult-like manner instead of her psychotic manner. Although this time she really asked for it.

In any case it was a total shocker on what happened between Rika and her mother. I mean that was a twist I never would of guessed on happening.

I agree with all and everyone on the shocker fact...

Hmm this episode could be the beggining of all tragedies that followed, since Hanyuu cant even enter this world, unless Rika's mom is dead that is, which is also a shock considering the fact that if Rika was reincarnation of Oyashiro Sama Hanyuu woulndt be able to be by Rika's side either...

I do have a feeling that this time Rika will be the start of tragedy and its never ending cycle of reliving that showa 58...She did beat the crap out of Satoko, she could easily butcher someone, after all, who'd suspect that sweet, weak, and innocent Rika?

So twisted i love it!

One more thing, they are forming the club....Best friends again i guess except no Kei...

A lot of explanations in this episode, so it felt a little drawn out. Some interesting stuff with Hanyuu that I didn't know about before, but I think the best was at the end when Rika explained her part in Umineko. This will be a pretty good point to start Umineko in because of that. .

So they explained Hanyuu's backstory a bit differently in the Katautsushi-hen doujin, but pretty much similar. Not only that, but Hanyuu's relationship with Rika was really an ancestor afterall.

Although it seems at the end of this chapter it was basically stating Rika is giving up her witch status that she kept throughout this entire time. Although unless you've read the Umineko manga that is now out I guess you would know what she was talking about.

Next episode is prett much a background storyline for the Higurashi:Daybreak game. So tat means it's nothing more then it taking place a while after the festaval. So expect a few people doing a return trip here that didn't really show up in the OVA so far.

The episode are coming out so slowly..
sad.gif

Hopefully there's another season after Rei but I highly doubt it.. Rika shouldn't have screwed around.
But oh well.. it makes things that all most interesting..
Now.. episode 4... hehe..

Well it's an OVA so we have to wait for the subbers to obtain the DVD, RIP it and sub it. If this was on TV instead it wouldn't of taken so long.

Aside from that the 4th episode did wrap things up properly. not only that, but it gave Rika a reason to no longer dispise her parents in every world she was in. Not only that, but they explained Hanyuu fairly well, and how she did all of that to spite Rika. Besides this made it where if Rika dies she'll except her death and just let it go.

As for the next OVA it's nothing more then the Higurashi:Daybreak 3D fighting game. If the episode works I expect someone working on that game for a translation for it. Although I did hear that someone is translating the Visual Novel with the guy's permission of course.

I cried a lot over this episode for some reason. >_<; ... Safe to say that I'm fairly estranged with my mom. Some days... I really think that she didn't care but I do know that if she didn't that she wouldn't have had me or my other siblings. Call it a funny ordeal... but this one got to me on a deep level. So much so... that it took #8 on my top ten eps of all time list. xD!

Such a great message, there... Do not hate your parents for their mistakes and what you think they did wrong.

Now back to the episode... Man, it is this kind of episode that really puts things in perspective. It's the episode that I was waiting on for any answer that I had over what Hanyuu's purpose was in all this and why there was even a reset button to begin with.

So long for the next OVA... and if I remember right, Umineko should be right around the corner... no worries on my behalf... Mystery is a genre that has a small niche anyway.
happy.gif
;

What are you talking about, they actually had Rika die in the opening of this story arc t where she was in a perfect world.

They even explained how Hanyuu died as well. So you can't really say that no one dies in this story arc.

But getting hit by a truck?

Lame.

They copped out of showing Rika killing her mother.

And that's also lame. They most likely didn't show it out of fear of the uprise of the fans of Rika. Cause she's pure or something stupid like that.

Anyway, just one scene with Rika killing her mother and losing all that redundant Schrodinger's Cat crap and this episode/arc would have been great.

1) No one except Rika's "mother" was actually meant to die in this arc since the entire thing is really an illusion as Rika is in a coma after being hit.
2) Hanyuu's back story was a surprise addition
3) Cropping out Rika killing her own mother is a big mistake, especially since that was in the Rei game.

I kinda wished the OVA would end here since it would be a great place to end rather than using the Daybreak Chapter. Now all they have to do is animate Miotsukushi-hen....the true ending of the Higurashi games.....and maybe animate Natsumi :3

I'm sorry but it's kind of hard seeing Rika trying to kill anyone, let alone her mother. although in the first season she was known for the knife headbutt, which found its way into AMV Hell 4 mind you. Besides why does it have to be all about death and whatnot? All it needs to do is warp your mind and confuse you until the last episode. Which it did, since it cleared everything up with this episode alone.

I mean you rather have more death and destruction in tihs arc then to have this as a closure to the series?
blink.gif

What closure does Hanyuu saying "Oh that world you were in for 2 episdoes? Yeah, I totally made that up just to teach you a lessson about honoring your parents or something like that".

Also, why should Rika be lectured about the completely separate states of the different worlds? She traveled them for 100 years with Hanyuu. It was completely asinine for her to think that the Keiichi in the "perfect" world was tied to the Keiichi in the world that was fought for.

Who farking cares that Keiichi didn't go spastic with the gun and didn't have to be ousted from common society? Why should Rika brood over that? It's not like by living in the "perfect" world the other Keiichi is completely erased from existance.

It was retarded how they shoved that tripe down our throats.

Can you logically explain to me why Rika would be distraught about her decision to choose the "original" world over the "perfect" one and how it affected Keiichi, Mi~, Rena, and Satoko?

Cause honestly, I was confused.

Keep in mind that Rika saw these characters die or commit gruesome acts of murder time and time again without any sort of afterthought that the brutal behavior would have an impact in the next world she's travels to.

In the real worlds, all the characters finally reached a good ending on their own. They had broken patterns of violence, distrust, and overcome a disease that was killing them. Their actions in the previous worlds allowed them to feel badly and to remember those horrible feelings in the new worlds which then allowed them to overcome them. Like in the last few episodes, or the last episode, of the first series when Keiichi remembered how he killed Rena and Mion, and didn't want to do the same thing again. I think she would be upset because she just spent more than a lifetime going back to get what she finally got, and then there's a world that just gives it to her.

Also, all those things that happened to the characters were the events that led up to what happened in Hinamizawa.

The perfect world made those characters not have a relationship with Rika because they never experienced a common feeling of sorrow because they hadn't lost those close to them like they had in other worlds.

You seem to be mistaken. The Keiichi that killed Rena and Mion was not the same Keiichi that ended up helping Rika get out of her Groundhog Day in Hinamizawa.

They are completely seperate entities. Thus, no reason to feel any sort of remorse for what the other Keiichi did.

What I think it was trying to get at was Hanyuu wanted to show Rika that you've fought and won your perfect world and finally gotten out of the eternal June, but Rika should value her life a lot more than making excuses for any mistakes she has made or will make.

The perfect world was to prove a point to Rika. Should she just live there in the perfect world that she so longged for, or does she want to try and find a way back and try again from scratch. The thing is for this chapter it was to have Rika to actually live her life the way she wants and not by the way others want her to.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back