Increase Fansub Tv protection against hackers

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Moogle Stiltzkin

-chan
Kouhai
Daft i read this article about hosting stuff over ftp keeping your server safe from hackers, but allowing you to share the stuff to the public at the same time.

Read it here
http://www.auphanonline.com/articles/view....article_id=1388

Since you know alot of programming i thought you could be able to add this.

Thanks but all important transmissions to and from the server are already being encoded. I actually was considering adding this but it doesn't help that much since there's barely any sensitive information being transmitted on the website (besides forum account usernames/passwords). I could get an SSL cert installed but it all comes down to whether or not the revenue generated can afford it.

I'm confused.

Why do you have to buy a SSL certificate ??

I just vaguely understand that article about SSL/RSA ugh...

Well if it's gonna cost money to buy a cert then i don't think you'd need one then.

People who would haxxor the site would be some really screwed up peron :x

The SSL certs that cost money are the ones that are issued by companies that use some sort of popular root certificate. These root certificates are already installed on your computer and when you go to use the SSL cert issued by that company, it works flawlessly with your browser. If you issue an SSL cert yourself, you'll get a browser prompt saying something among the lines of the "SSL cert is invalid but still works". This sort of message tends to do more harm than good.

The certificates, if I remember correctly, can be bought for periods of 1 or 2 years. I don't remember how much they cost (another department at work does that). It can cause massive problems if either they aren't updated correctly or they expire. Also, it's another expense, which, while nice, isn't necessary at the moment.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back