Instant Messenger

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

create a chatter system?

• yes, that would be cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, its not necessary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, definitely FOR Chatter system! It will:
A. Keep the forum clean from unnecessary posts and "spam". There is still PM, but sometimes it's not enough...
B. Benefit most of the users, so that they can communicate faster, in one window.

If you really do this, it will benefit the forum as well as all of us, because there is stuff that belongs to chat, and neither us nor you want to see it on the forum.

i think that a chat room or multiple chat rooms would be a good idea. but i do have a few concerns, one would be that there are quite a few members in this forum and that it may make chat very confusing.the time diffrence me personaly i would not wory about any sort of time diffrences i live in the uk which is about 8 hours ahead of the US which as far as i can see is where (correct me if im wrong) most of the members come from im not worried because i have the weirdest sleep pattern and am up all night and sleep all day, and every time i look at this website there is still 100s of people on no matter what time i look. I dont think that you should trade the forums (which i think are fantastic) for a chatroom, isnt there the possibility of both.

QUOTE (雪Yuki @ Dec 30 2006, 11:45 PM) I dont think that you should trade the forums (which i think are fantastic) for a chatroom, isnt there the possibility of both.
There never was any plans to remove the forums.

Forums are great to keep information around for an indefinite period. for instance the FAQ are most well placed in the forums.

Hyper Messaging (called HM for short) is to allow more casual talks between members. Although the first version might not have it right away, plans are to give it the ability to "remember other people's message" so that you can have an asynchronous discussion. The idea is that a few people have a conversation and but instead of replying immediately, the responses can be a few hours apart. So that would be a cross bread between a forum and an instant messaging system.

QUOTE The forums may be replaced or supplemented in the future with something else. That is the only reason i thought the foruns might be removed.
dry.gif

QUOTE Hyper Messaging (called HM for short) is to allow more casual talks between members. If this is implimented in the future it would be a huge addition to the site, and sounds like alot of fun, cant wait.
biggrin.gif

A prototype is running at the moment, but it still needs a lot of work.

It's loaded as part of the web page.
smile.gif

QUOTE (Yuki69 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:27 AM) Cooool how do i get it?
How do you get what?.. If your question is, "how do i access to FTV's instant messenger?".. go to ***HIDDEN***.. type in your FTV username and password.. make sure to add friends by just typing in the username of the friend.. we sometimes create chatrooms and tell everyone to join in the certain chatroom name..
wink.gif

Edit: oop! gomene, didn't know
huh.gif

I kind of like this IM system.
Even though TS has chat enabled as well, this new one greatly improves extra features.
Such as sharing interests...o_O if you know what i mean....
hehe, but there're still some bugs in it and daft's working on them and on new features.
Can't wait for it to be fully complete ^^/

Instant messenger? Ah, not to keen on the idea
rolleyes.gif
, but I know others will like it...as it is, I spend way too much time in here.
laugh.gif
I prefer TS, where we all hang out, listen to music and chat back and forth and of course, sing great songs.... a more enjoyable climate for me that suits me just fine. Good luck though, with this new idea......may it burn up the circuit boards as ppl IM each other back and forth, and spread the word about FTV.
laugh.gif

having TS to speak and the IM to chat is kinda fun
biggrin.gif

that's how we tested it thus far, and it really is LOADS of fun
biggrin.gif

yep, that's how it is The one ^^/
Since TS doesn't have the features that the IM has it's a very good idea of combining both if you really want to have some fun once in a while ^^/

QUOTE (BAakaTheOne @ Jan 25 2007, 09:50 AM) having TS to speak and the IM to chat is kinda fun
biggrin.gif

that's how we tested it thus far, and it really is LOADS of fun
biggrin.gif

Two of my favorite ppl....well, what can I say?....perhaps I wil give IM a try....maybe.
laugh.gif
See you two on Saturday night for fun and songs and whatever comes up!
laugh.gif

According to the poll, a lot of people wanted that feature to be implemented, so it's finally here. Yet another interesting feature to add on to an already popular site.
smile.gif

Let's make saturday night the "saturday night fever LIVE".
The night of nights
biggrin.gif

Just in case, i got myself a broadcaster as well so i'm able to prepare duets/trios as well in case hamasusuke is not there or something.
So comeon over and enjoy the karaoke while testing out the new IM ^^/

Yanosuke-sama...I am going to give IM a try on one condition....hold my hand and teach me how to use it?
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
Okay...see you on TS.

Ofcourse i'll help you out, ImTakes-ojousama ^^/
ok, see you on TS
smile.gif

hmm, something to get back on-topic..hmmm
"is it a star? is it a bird? is it a plane? NO, it's FTV IM!!!!!!!!" o_O
Anyway, comeon over to TS and test out this amazing IM ^^

lol.. it's not amazing yet.. there's still a lot of features to be surprised about in the near future.. It's just a normal chatter system.. kind of in betweem msn messenger and aim.. not as many features as msn, but certainly a little more than aim.. we'll have to see how it turns out.. never judge a work in progress
wink.gif

hmm, kind of true... but i think the majority will love the "daft/noob pic feature"
biggrin.gif
:D:D
You'll know what i mean when you check it out.
and yes, there're quite some bugs in it...but hey, you need to start off form some point
smile.gif

Quick question, i just logged on to IM and loads of contacts have come up that i did not add, do i still need to add them to a freinds list or is that it.

Edit: Is the IM server down cos when i try to go on it dosent work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back