Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
LovocHY.jpg

Genre: Comedy, Supernatural
Studio: Gonzo
Director: Yukio Takahashi
Series Composition: Toshizo Nemoto (Inu x Boku SS, Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou)

Original Creator: Shunsuke Sarai
Music: Akito Matsuda (Koitabi ~True Tours Nanto)

Number of episodes: 12

Opening Theme:
"Wan Wan Wan Wan N_1!!" (わんわんわんわんN_1!!) by Inu Musume Club

Ending Theme:
"Lemonade Scandal" (レモネイドスキャンダル) by Yū Serizawa

Synopsis:
A nonsense comical mystery. Harumi Kazuhito is a high school boy who loves books and is a fan of novelist Natsuno Kirihime. One day, he finds Kirihime writing at a cafe, about to be shot by a robber. He protects her from the attack but is killed instead. Through the supernatural power of a book-worm, he is reincarnated as a dachshund dog. Kazuhito (as a dog) writhes in a painful bookless life, when a sadistic woman carrying a pair of scissors offers him help. She is Kirihime herself.

(Source: MAL)

Cast:
Marina Inoue as Kirihime Natsuno
Takahiro Sakurai as Kazuhito "Kazu, Mongrel, Mutt, Dog, Kuro" Harumi

Ai Kakuma as Hami Oosawa
Chiwa Saito as Sara Moribe
Hiromi Igarashi as Yayoi Honda
Kana Asumi as Madoka Harumi
Maaya Uchida as Sakura Honda
Rikiya Koyama as Touji Nakahara
Shizuka Itou as Suzuna "Ngangu" Hiiragi
Wataru Hatano as Kiyoshi "Afro" Inukai
Yū Serizawa as Maxi "Shinning Beauty, Charismatic Idol Author" Akizuki

Kimiko Koyama as Hinako Tanaka
Tetsu Inada as Wanriki Munakata

Thoughts: Initially I wasn't going to check this one out, but after dropping Watamote I figured I'd try something else. This show is definitely weird, and a little spastic but I did enjoy the comedy. I can identify with Kazu, if I could I would live in a room full of books and read all the time.
There is an element of mystery here as well, why was Kirihime so oblivious to the robber? Is it really because she was so invested in her writing, or is there some other reason? And why did Kazu's soul merge with the body of a dog? I'm thinking that the dog was dying out in the rain, and because Kazu wanted to live so badly his soul would have gone into any body and in this case it ended up being the dog's
tongue.gif
I don't know, I won't overthink it.
The only thing I don't like about this show is when Kirihime chases Kazu around with the scissors when he's in dog form, and defenseless
tongue.gif

I did like when she used her scissors to open his cage, the reactions from Kazu and the pet shop owner were hilarious.

Long story short this is another scissors baised series that I am currently watching. Pretty much Kirihime is still trying to publish her final Deadly Sins series Lust, but the problem is she hasn't had the insparation to do anything about it.

Although with Kazu showing up as a dog only made it a bit worse for her, but at the same time gave her an outlet to try and write again.

In any case I kind of wonder why Maxi has been bothering Kirihime for the past few episodes since I have no idea what an idol authour would want to do with her in the first place, unless she knew that she was her rival auther she needed to mess with.
tongue.gif

I actually enjoyed this one. It's certainly not brilliant by any means. Even for a comedy, I've seen better. But, it was a fun little diversion and I got a chuckle out of the absurdity.

Okay after watching up to the last episode I feel like this should of been a longer season since it feels like we were introduced to a few characters late game here which makes me wonder the obvious of this having a second season or not. Granted it was funny and all, but I fell like there's more to what they already animated though, but that's just me.

If this was just a one off type series then this will be the type you'll watch once and forget about in the comming seasons, but if there's another season after this I might reconsider what I said about this series so far.

I fully expect it to be a "one off type" series. As I said, I enjoyed it, but frankly I'm not sure it even warrants another season. In other words, fun but ultimately disposable.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back