Japanese Goodies

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

warita200

Tai Youkai
Sempai
Hi everybody. A friend of mine has been in Tokio recently and came back with lots of cool japanese suvenirs. She bought a keitai strap, a beautiful hand bag, a kimono, just to name a few.
It left me green with envy. So I figured: "nevermind, I will go e-shopping and get something nice too".
It turned out more difficult than expected. Japanese probably do have their e-shop sites, but google doesnt spit it out (I believe it has to do with the japanese writing, but then again, even if it did spit out a page or two, I couldnt read it anyways).

So, my question: Do you guys know any web pages, that offer decent japanese products? Not just anime related goodies(although even such are welcome), but also products for daily use? Like japanese fashion, bags, and such???
Feel free to share your experience in e-shopping!!!
laugh.gif

Here is my site for keitai straps: http://www.strapya.com/famous-character.htm

i knew of a really good one that had tons of japanese stuff but i forgot what it was. But here is a trick. googlesearch with a J infront of everything. Jstore, jpunk,jpop,janime,jstuff,jfun...ext...

try ebay they might have some good stuff there. or walmart? lol

a pretty good website, according to what i know, is Yesasia -- i never bought anything there, but it seems to have a great selection! give it a try, it might have what you want!

Heres a few that ive ordered or looked at stuff from:
Tokyocube
Japan-shop This place has tons of stuff.
i hope you like them!!!

When all else fails...there's still eBay...but you'd still have to know specifically what you are looking for though...

thanks guys!!! especially the japan-shop site was really helpfull.

Well, I am looking for japanese every day items, not just things like kimonos. Kimono is a nice thing to poses, but it is way too expensive to wear it at home, so....
Does any of you have a kimono? I was looking for one with cherry blosoms motive, but didnt find
sad.gif

You know, i organize anime events everynow and then, i was wondering whether i could attempt to get a distributor for it
tongue.gif
....there are no retailers for anime items where in my city...
lol...maybe i could prove there is enuff of a market and getsomeone abroad to put in some stuff...naruto headband, bleach captain uniform, small stuff...and accessories.

ideas?/suggestions?

smile.gif
I want to know where I can get these kit kat bars kit-kat bars I just want some you know i would pay any price from 100-200$ but that would be in budget...ahhh I want to try green tea
biggrin.gif
that would be great anybody know where to go so I may have some of these goodies pm or post back yay
smile.gif

Yesasia I've used before as they had the soundtrack from the movie Take Care of My Cat and I couldn't find it elsewhere. I want to get So Close too but I heard it's not being released anymore.
sad.gif
I'll be checking out some of these links to see what they have.
biggrin.gif

What is the male version of the kimono called I know i have seen guys wearing them in animes and for some reason i want one. The only question is how to acquire it and when would i wear it? Hmm it still intrigues me.

labk1ta Walmart? walmart!!! wait that was way too funny
laugh.gif
...and too think that funny stuff like that was being said back in 2006 who know...a simple goodie
wink.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 27 2007, 11:16 PM)What is the male version of the kimono called I know i have seen guys wearing them in animes and for some reason i want one. The only question is how to acquire it and when would i wear it? Hmm it still intrigues me.

labk1ta Walmart? walmart!!! wait that was way too funny
laugh.gif
...and too think that funny stuff like that was being said back in 2006 who know...a simple goodie
wink.gif

senpai-kun in a kimono...wow, that would be nice...
rolleyes.gif
I can think of another in a kimono as well....
laugh.gif
Lucky for me, I live in Southern California close to Little Tokyo, and I can get whatever I want without traveling to The Land of the Rising Sun
laugh.gif
I have visited a beautiful ceramic shop there with local Japanese artisans as well as pottery imported from Japan.....the anime shop in Little Tokyo is awesome as well. Should any of you want something..pm me and I can go over to the village and see if what you want is available.
tongue.gif
They also have a Japanese bakery shop that is to die for...^^)

I thought I might refresh this thread.

Anyways, Yukata season is over and I still dont have one. I am really strugling to find something reasonable on the net.

Most stores that target the western customers sell oldfashioned kind of yukatas, mostly white/blue/black coloured with obaa-chan style patterns on it. No way I am going to pay 80-150 bucks for a kinomo/yukata like that. I am looking for a girly, modern japanese yukata, I want it to be colourfull and cute. But.... I dont find anything like it on the internet.

I am pretty sure there are japanese stores, which - given I speak japanese, would suit my taste.... but, I dont speak japanese.

Can anybody help me? Recommend me an online store or at least give me an idea where I could buy a nice yukata?

this is an example of what I would want my yukata look like.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jamjum @ Feb 28 2007, 12:09 AM)
smile.gif
i want to know where i can get these kit kat bars kit-kat bars i just want some you know i would pay any price from 100-200$ but that would be in budget...ahhh i want to try green tea
biggrin.gif
that would be great anybody know where to go so i may have some of these goodies pm or post back yay
smile.gif

Are you still looking for Kit-Kat bars? Do you want them for the label or do you like to eat them? If you like to eat them, do you think that they are different from the american version? (I live a few miles from the Illinois warehouse and they are always on discount at Walgreens drugstore) I believe that they are 2 family packs for $5.00.

warita, had you revived this topic earlier i could have sent you one personally.. i came back from japan less than a week ago and brought 3 yukata with me -- the grown-ups' yukata i bought were under €20 / $30...

unfortunately, the place i got them at doesn't have an online store either :/

Thats really too bad... if I only knew you were going!

I checked out the website noshi recommended and it is really good, there is 94 pages full of yukatas. And I did find some, that would suit me, but either they were too expensive ( 25 000 yen for example), or out of stock.

Other thing is, that I dont understand a word, its all japanese.
huh.gif

Right now I feel pretty much discouraged, I pestered my friends the whole afternoon showing them all the yukatas that caught my attention, LOL, I think some of them must be sick of it by now.

Anyways, I think I will let it slide for the time being..... I will buy my yukata when I go o Japan one day.

err have you tried google.co.jp? simple thing but it does "spit out" japanese sites rather than americanised expensive crap made in china.

Even if you put in english, some japanese sites have an english section, or token english words because they "look nice". (If you don't speak japanese)

My advice.... you like japan? go. Go to Kyoto and you will come home with arms full of kimono and such for like under £20 (~$40) for like 4-8. "antique" ones are CHEAP because japanese people don't like the idea of wearing something old that someone else wore. They don't even like living in a house where other people lived...(obvious exception of flats/apartments as you can't knock them down and rebuild lol)

Go online and make some japanese friends. Japanese people are great and you can offer to help them with their english, and they might help you with your japanese and maybe you can exchange "typical your-country" items. seriously, japanese people LOVE presents... omiage anyone?!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back