Juso Kiko Dancouga Nova

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

RockStar1426

-san
Kouhai
a730617pu5.jpg

Offical Website (Japanese): http://dancouganova.com/
Air Date: Thursday 8:30, Febuary 17th

In the 22nd century, there are no longer any world wide wars. Instead, small scale wars break out all over the Earth. Meanwhile, a large robot appears who protects the weak. It is called “Dancougar Nova”. Some even call it God.

However, no one knows the reason for its existence - not even its pilots.
Then, another robot, beyond anyone's expectations, reveals itself as the true enemy and begins its attack on the Earth.

Dancougar Nova retaliates against this enemy with a power that was kept secret until now.
Will Dancougar Nova be able to save the Earth? The prelude to this explosive confrontation rings out.

-AnimeNfo.com

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Feb 23 2007, 01:33 AM) I'm actually looking forward to this serie since I've played a video game related to the original series and I am a Super Robot fans so I hope this will be a more traditional mecha series that focus more on the robots, something like Gravion or GaoGaiGar FINAL
Episode 1 Torrent

Well a torrent is out for episode 1.

QUOTE (RockStar1426 @ Feb 25 2007, 08:20 PM) Episode 1 Torrent

Well a torrent is out for episode 1.
Wow, Shinsen Subs takes up another project.....there really amazing......hmmm, no idea what this anime is about but the pic Rockstar put up in his first post reminded me of both Gundam and Eureka seveN, at initial sight of it saying "Power Rangers" at the description to this thread, I turned away but then recently, I've been craving for some mecha anime apart from Code Geass, so thats why I'm giving this another chance and am currently using the link Rockstar provided.

Arigatou Rockstar-san
biggrin.gif

Cya

P.S. I'll be back with a review of the first episode
laugh.gif

I don't think calling Super Robot shows with the definition 'Power Ranger' do it justice (even Power Ranger itself is the cheap ripped and edited version of the Japanese sentai shows).

I watched the original Dancouga series back in the late 80s when I was still a kid, and I really loved that show back then. I have yet to check out this new series, so I will probably download it and watch it sometime to have a look.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 25 2007, 03:04 PM) I don't think calling Super Robot shows with the definition 'Power Ranger' do it justice (even Power Ranger itself is the cheap ripped and edited version of the Japanese sentai shows).
It was a joke. Saying theirs one robot, and four pilots. I didn't actually mean it to be taken seriously. ><;

On further note. Is it just me or does it seem Shinsen-Subs, subs everything. This is alone, like my 6 or 7th series I've even be semi-interested in watching that Shinsen has subbed. rofl. They should rename them selves Super-Shinsen XD- courny I know.

after watching it i get the impression of transformers + power rangers + voltes 5
laugh.gif
although they're only 4
smile.gif

just finished watching it and it didn't look too bad, mayb coz i didn't watch much power rangers but yea...

I saw this parody with the Dancouga Nova OP song replaced by the Gaiking:Legend of Daikyu-Maru (another Super Robot remake show which recently finished) OP song...it actually fit pretty well with it (if you are not bothered by the fact that you keep hearing 'Gaiking' throughout the song lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mBUzRgFd_I

So this season isn't the first in its franchise.......what are the seasons before this ?

I was gonna watch the first episode but then as soon as I notice that there's more before............I stopped..........shoud I ???
blink.gif

Someone help me out, onegai!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 26 2007, 04:10 PM) So this season isn't the first in its franchise.......what are the seasons before this ?

I was gonna watch the first episode but then as soon as I notice that there's more before............I stopped..........shoud I ???
blink.gif

Someone help me out, onegai!
biggrin.gif

Don't worry...storywise this new Dancouga series is completely unrelated to the original series...the characters and world settings are completely different. The only thing that is similar is the mecha design, so you can watch this show without watching the original no problem at all.

Here's the AMV/OPs of the original Dancouga series...in case anyone interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Fnq1thOU4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNTLPnbNywU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ij1CYyUQ3k

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 26 2007, 10:17 PM) Don't worry...storywise this new Dancouga series is completely unrelated to the original series...the characters and world settings are completely different. The only thing that is similar is the mecha design, so you can watch this show without watching the original no problem at all.

Here's the AMV/OPs of the original Dancouga series...in case anyone interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Fnq1thOU4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNTLPnbNywU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ij1CYyUQ3k
Thanks Marine-RX179-sempais........I will watch it now and be back with a review of the first episode but what were the names of the seasons before this one ??

Thanx again
biggrin.gif

CYA

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 27 2007, 05:58 AM) what were the names of the seasons before this one ??

Thanx again
biggrin.gif

CYA
The original series is called "Chôjû kishin Dancouga"...roughly translate as "Super Beast Machine God Dancouga". It is a show aired back in the 1985 in Japan. After the TV series, there were a few OVAs.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 27 2007, 12:16 PM) The original series is called "Chôjû kishin Dancouga"...roughly translate as "Super Beast Machine God Dancouga". It is a show aired back in the 1985 in Japan. After the TV series, there were a few OVAs.
Thanks..........ain't gonna bother with that for a while.....is that old series..licensed by any chance ??

Might check it out later............if this current season is really good.......oh yeah, have you seen Orguss the original series....that's old....but have no idea where to get it and I think it may be licensed as Orguss 02 OVA was being sold in the HMV in UK.......but I don't know
dry.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 27 2007, 06:29 AM) Thanks..........ain't gonna bother with that for a while.....is that old series..licensed by any chance ??

Might check it out later............if this current season is really good.......oh yeah, have you seen Orguss the original series....that's old....but have no idea where to get it and I think it may be licensed as Orguss 02 OVA was being sold in the HMV in UK.......but I don't know
dry.gif

I haven't watched the Orguss TV series neither, as it is really old. I did watch the Orguss 2 OVAs...that OVA series is awesome...I really liked it...the ending is a bit heartbreaking though. If you gonna watch that, make sure you watch it in Japanese dub not the crappy English dub...

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 27 2007, 03:25 PM) I haven't watched the Orguss TV series neither, as it is really old. I did watch the Orguss 2 OVAs...that OVA series is awesome...I really liked it...the ending is a bit heartbreaking though. If you gonna watch that, make sure you watch it in Japanese dub not the crappy English dub...
Yeah, I've seen the Orguss 02 OVA a long time ago.....when you were still able to see it on the sputnik7 site.......can't remember it much......but I do remember the fate/stay night style ending.....and is one of the OVA thats hard to explain how deeply this affected me....................I wonder if they ever will continue this series, its one of the first OVAs that I ever saw.............sad, when she just disappeared from his life completely and returns back to her origin.......remember he still has her bracelet thingy after a couple years....as the final scene of the episode. Wait...................we're going off-topic........gomena.

Ok, I'll try to watch this anime's 1 st episode.....oh yeah, another fansub group has picked up this project called "Lost in Translation" Fansubs...........doesn't seem convincing to download from.................how bad could their translations be ???

Cya

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 27 2007, 10:16 AM) Ok, I'll try to watch this anime's 1 st episode.....oh yeah, another fansub group has picked up this project called "Lost in Translation" Fansubs...........doesn't seem convincing to download from.................how bad could their translations be ???

Cya
I can't comment on that fansub group since I have yet to see any of their work, but I will stick with Shinsen-subs because I have watched many shows subbed by them and they have always been reliable in term sub as well as translation.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 27 2007, 03:46 PM) I can't comment on that fansub group since I have yet to see any of their work, but I will stick with Shinsen-subs because I have watched many shows subbed by them and they have always been reliable in term sub as well as translation.
Bah another group picked it up. "Lost in Translation". Ironic name since that seems to happen a lot in translating.

Anywhos. Episode 2 was funny.

Male Pilot: Why do they girls get a human helper, and we're stuck with a robot.
AI: That's AI discrimination, I'm fully capable of assisting you.

reminds me a bit of power rangers, with those animal modes combining into 1 big machine (megazord)

QUOTE (Kenn @ Mar 06 2007, 09:11 AM) reminds me a bit of power rangers, with those animal modes combining into 1 big machine (megazord)
Actually, each of the Dancouga units have different forms. The head is normally considered as a jetfighter, the main body and the feets are considered as tanks. In beast mode, the head is 'eagle', the body is 'elephant', and the feet are 'lion' and 'panther'. And then each unit is capable of transforming into humanoid robots and finally all four can combine to form Dancouga. The main differences between Dancouga and the sentai robots (I'm not going to say 'Power Ranger' robots because 90% of the robot fight scenes are rips of the sentai shows) is that the individual units can all transform into robots, while the sentai individual units cannot..with only a very few exceptions.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back