Karaoke MONSTER - (Closed March 2021)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
oh it is, it's not discussed much though as most people that use KM already know about it
tongue.gif

I think Emi-chan is best person to talk to about arranging events for KM these days as she's become sort of a KM mascot/hostess.
We should really be using it more often I think because it works well and it's loads of fun, especially if you're a REALLY (and when I say REALLY I mean so bad that if I was given a score out of 10 I'd end up with -9
laugh.gif
) bad singer like me and enjoy finding out you;re not the only bad singer out there
tongue.gif

Current KM superstars are SakuraNe0, Emi and I don't remember who but 1 or 2 of the guys aren't that bad either
wink.gif

There have been more people on Karaoke MONSTER lately. I think we should start up the project again. I can upload the install file I have to MU if people need it.

Wow, I should jump on more often then and see how it's going... and perhaps revive development of the project. I started doing the Mac port of KM a while back, but perhaps I'll just put in some time to make back-end profile/user systems in KM.

Windows - http://karaoke.fansub.tv/kminstall.exe

So, as one of the newer tester-types, some observations:

Things went well, though we couldn't figure out the cause of music / vocal desync often times. Is it bandwidth-caused on the upstream of the singer, processing oriented on their PC, or something else all together.

After being on for several hours, we began to get constant lagging / skipping. At first this seemed related to server-side being overloaded from our just using it to death. But when newer people joined, they reported no lag. So it was like those of us connected for hours on end were getting massive lag, while the newer ones weren't. So I'm not sure what could be going on there.

Overall, it's good. But one feature we'd like to see is the ability to click on Miku and have her jump at being prodded! Ok, so we're weird, but most everyone liked that idea.

So far, good work. Glad we could revive it for you =D

We had some trouble with Staging, we probably need a command to turn off staging.
Quite a few people were on so I thought I would stage, I didn't realize I couldn't turn it off though. x:
Sanku Daft. ^___^

Feel free to file issue tickets for anything you see. Place bugs, enhancements and feature-requests there, and when I finish my current block of backend upgrades for Fansub, I'll get around to stomping out some of those KM tickets.

http://karaokemonster.lighthouseapp.com/pr...-client/tickets

QUOTE Is it bandwidth-caused on the upstream of the singer, processing oriented on their PC, or something else all together.
1. A bandwidth-related error will usually cause "skipping/repeating" sounds for a bit (from the audio system starving of data), which is immediately followed by a desync.
2. There's a chance that it may be processing related, since there's a bunch of real-time processing occurring on multiple tracks and there are no synchronization tokens in the datastream to keep things in check. If the processing on any of the tracks gets interrupted momentarily, then that might cause a desync to occur.
3. There's also issues with various sound cards using different amounts of buffer/latency, and that usually causes ALL tracks by that singer to be desynced immediately. The current version of KM uses a fixed synchronization timing based on the SigmaTel HD Audio device on my Windows development machine, so if you've got a computer that uses something similar then you're in luck. In otherwords, the hardcoded synchronization timing is set to something like 200ms if you're wondering.

works quite well, is there an effort underway to incorporate a box of some sort to display lyrics? It doesn't have to be timed, just plain text?

dislaying lyric either need some heavy coding or some software that could understand the lyric and put it into words... sooo uh...iono >.< ask the man in charge lol

It could work out if people were able to upload the lyrics. That way everyone could sing their favorite songs over and over without having to search up lyrics every time, something similar to ALSong perhaps? o:
It'd be awesome if we could have a setup similar to midomi~

hmm well for starters what is KM based on? Flash? and what kinda programming language does it use?

Too bad there isn't a central server where people could upload and store songs and lyrics...it would be a space nitemare

The client app currently uses C# with multi-platform C audio libs and codecs. The server uses Java, communicating using a HTTP-based protocol. All communication messages are all in XML, and all audio data is saved per-track on the server at the moment in mp3 format.

There are long term plans to transition the client's graphical user interface to the web, while retaining the audio server functionality in the client app. Moving KM's client audio server to something else like Flash is not really feasible, due to the heavy use of fast fourier transforms (for digital signal processing like parametric equalizers, lo-pass filters, hi-pass filters, volume normalization, pitch detection, reverberation), real-time audio encoding / decoding, synchronized streaming track playback, and hardware latency concerns. The current priority is to improve basic stuff like the audio server's multi-track functionality, so you can do local/remote duets and etc. Just to clarify, the "audio server" is the portion of KM that runs on your computer that's responsible for handling all of the audio recording / playback.

Yes, having global/shared song libraries with timed lyrics is part of the long term plan. It has no dependencies to the current audio-server work, and can be realistically started on at any time by anyone.

Once the move to a web-based GUI is completed, then the client-app can be rewritten out of C# and ported to work on other operating systems like OSX and Linux.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RESTART THIS PROJECT III HOST IT WHAT EVER YOU WANT START IT UP AGAIN KnownX aka SingingKing.

I've restarted the server. Did you still want the server executable? It's written in Java, so it should run equally well on all platforms.

QUOTE (knownX @ Sep 19 2011, 04:58 PM)yes i need the exe ty i wanna sing
You don't need the server code to sing, just download and install the client and join in.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Mar 31 2010, 10:26 PM)
Windows - http://karaoke.fansub.tv/kminstall.exe

fyi, there isnt any hosting issues with it, except when someone (me) reboots the server and forgets to check stuff/inform Daft.... <hides>

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back