Kiniro Mosaic

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
SaiIliE.jpg

Genre: Comedy, School, Slice of Life
Studio: Studio Gokumi
Director: Tensho
Series Composition: Yuniko Ayana (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
Music: Ruka Kawada (Senran Kagura, Katteni Kaizō)

Original Creator: Yui Hara

Number of episodes: 12

Opening Theme:
"Jumping!!" by Rhodanthe*

Ending Theme:
"Your Voice" by Rhodanthe*

Synopsis:
The story begins with Oomiya Shinobu, a 15-year-old, seemingly pure Japanese girl who actually did a homestay in Great Britain. Even after coming back to Japan, she still misses her time overseas. One day, an airmail letter arrives from Alice, the girl in Shinobu's host family in Great Britain. The letter reads: Shinobu, I'm coming to Japan! The Japanese/British girls' mixed comedy follows the lives of Shinobu, Alice, and other girls from both Japan and Great Britain.
(Source: MAL)

Cast:
cn1_on.png
Asuka Nishi as Shinobu Ōmiya
cn2_on.png
Manami Tanaka as Alice Cartelet
cn5_off.png
Risa Taneda as Aya Komichi
cn4_off.png
Yumi Uchiyama as Yōko Inokuma
cn3_off.png
Nao Tōyama as Karen Kujō
cn6_off.png
Yukari Tamura as Izumi Ōmiya
cn7_off.png
Satomi Satou as Sakura Karasuma

Thoughts:Slice of life is hit or miss with me, but I'm hoping to like this one. I read some positive reviews so far on MAL, so I'm definitely going to give it a go! I think the contrast of the two cultures will provide a lot of comedy.
Seiyuu wise, I'm happy to see Risa Taneda get another role since I believe she has a great voice. I'm also noticing both Yumi Uchiyama and Nao Touyama getting a lot more roles as of late, which is great! I was a fan of Nao since she played Kanon, and Yumi won me over as Momiji.

This anime is super duper moe. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, especially when Shinobu and Alice first met. The two of them were adorable!

I laughed when Shinobu was poking Alice in the neck with the hair pin
tongue.gif
and not recognizing Japanese games like karuta. "Are you really Japanese?" o_O lol I wonder that too.. but it turns out Shinobu is just a major ditz.

I don't know if I will follow this one to the end yet, but it had a good start and if it can keep the comedy up it may be worth sticking with.

To quote the words of Hisao from Katawa Shoudo about this series, "HHHNNNGGGG".
laugh.gif

No seriously this series is over the top moe for the season for me, but I'm still going to watch it never the less. Oddly enough I was surprised that they did an interesting job with how they used Engrish in this anime though.

In any case this might be one of the few brighter series that I'm going to watch for htis season here.
tongue.gif

Aaaawh! This is by far the cutest and most adorable show in forever!! ^______^
And the visuals are beautiful! It makes me soo happy and warm within that my heart is about to melt! I can't stop smiling!
happy.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back