Koushin Scheduler

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
Let Fansub.TV schedule your downloads for you! It's easy as one, two, three.
  1. Subscribe to the anime series of your choice by clicking on the "Subscribe" link (it's right under Start Watching under Actions on any series).
  2. Launch the scheduler by going to "My Scheduler", and then clicking on the "Launch Koushin Scheduler" link.
  3. Wait for your animes to finish!
There are several new links.
- Home page
"My Scheduler" under Browse

- Series page
"My Scheduler" under Browse
"Subscribe/Unsubscribe" under Actions

- Episode page
"Add to scheduler" under Direct Download

--

We're not sure if this fully works yet, so feel free to give us any feedback you might have. You need to leave the scheduler window open for the downloads to run and for it to automatically download stuff for you.

Wow.. this is like an automatic RSS thing, huh? I'm guessing that java helped you enable this usage... Way to go daft. Only thing i find at fault is leaving the page opened.. I don't like that, but at most, it's easiest. If this actually goes well, I'm converting from torrent!

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Nov 05 2006, 09:30 PM) Wow.. this is like an automatic RSS thing, huh? I'm guessing that java helped you enable this usage... Way to go daft. Only thing i find at fault is leaving the page opened.. I don't like that, but at most, it's easiest. If this actually goes well, I'm converting from torrent!
For now, this is a java Applet. So yes you have to leave the page open. But it allows people to download files one after the other. No in-between user intervention.

Future version may be standalone. Meaning you would have an application open and running.

So what it will automatically download new episodes from the series you tell it to or does it just grab certain episodes? Personally though I don't think I will use it at all because I am working on a laptop that is not always on and not always connected to the internet anyways.

I guess if people are willing to leave their pc's on all day or night then it will get the episodes for them but for the regular people that come here every so often to check for anything new it won't help too much.

Then again if someone say goes on vacation for a week and has like 5 new episodes to download from his/her favorite series then it will know and grab all of them right?

One other thing I would want to know would be how does it know if you have said episode already and not to download it? Say someone now signs on to watch a series but has all of the ones already released then how will the program know that?

QUOTE (langes01x @ Nov 06 2006, 12:01 AM) I guess if people are willing to leave their pc's on all day or night then it will get the episodes for them but for the regular people that come here every so often to check for anything new it won't help too much.
Some people watch a lot of anime (no surprise) so if you're following ten or more series, and new episodes are released on the same day, you can queue them up and leave your computer to download them. Before you'd have to be standing right there when one finished to begin the next one. Now you can start it in the morning, go to school/work, come home and have your anime. It doesn't have to be something used for large amounts of episodes.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Nov 05 2006, 11:01 PM) Then again if someone say goes on vacation for a week and has like 5 new episodes to download from his/her favorite series then it will know and grab all of them right?
I think it is not possible, unless you leave your computer on and connected into the internet when you away.

Since, the program only works with the page of scheduler open, I don't think it will run when your computer is off.

I thought fansub as a whole wanted to inch away from users relying on direct downloads too much, if this works too well wouldnt this just make all users want to direct download via Koushin Scheduler making the speeds even slower?

Um.. not really getting your point wittyfox. This was one of the demands from few if not some members. it's pretty tight though. But it's not like you're downloading all at the same time (well.. maybe it is... but not as in side-by-side downloading.)

moreover, i think this is a win-win thing. Favored downloading without downloading all at once (that's what we want) and easier managing of downloads (that's what "some" users want").

Well hamasusuke, I was thinking that if people knew that all they have to do is use the Koushin Scheduler to get there anime automatically they would stop bothering with bittorrents and use direct downloads more often. Making a larger demand on the servers I guess?

But I guess this wont be too much of a problem, because with this you always know what amount of connections one user has, so the severs can give fairly even with a high demand from many people.

Well that is one possibility.

I don't remember this well, but back a few months ago when our revenue kinda plummeted, there was a suggestion of ideas. But later, i think daft said that if we increase traffic, that might help with revenue. don't know how long was this ago, but maybe this would help traffic.

and by the way, you should see the traffic. i think this would likely meet up to it.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Nov 06 2006, 12:01 AM) So what it will automatically download new episodes from the series you tell it to or does it just grab certain episodes? Personally though I don't think I will use it at all because I am working on a laptop that is not always on and not always connected to the internet anyways.

I guess if people are willing to leave their pc's on all day or night then it will get the episodes for them but for the regular people that come here every so often to check for anything new it won't help too much.

Then again if someone say goes on vacation for a week and has like 5 new episodes to download from his/her favorite series then it will know and grab all of them right?

One other thing I would want to know would be how does it know if you have said episode already and not to download it? Say someone now signs on to watch a series but has all of the ones already released then how will the program know that?
It's a combination of both. You can manually add and remove files from the scheduler, and new releases from episodes that you've subscribed to will automatically be added to the scheduler. If the scheduler detects that you already have a finished copy of the file in the folder you're saving to, then it will just mark it as Finished, remove it from the schedule and move to the next one.

If you leave your PC on all day and night, you're good to get the latest stuff right after it comes out. However, if you can only stay online for a couple of hours, you can still use the scheduler to assist with your downloads. Just let the system automatically add stuff to your scheduler (even when you're offline) and just launch the program when you're ready to download. Right before you begin the downloads, you can review the files in the schedule and "cancel" anything you don't want.

So yes, if somebody goes on vacation, they can come back and the system will know which episodes the person needs to download. Just launch Koushin, and the program will begin to download the files in the queue.

The subscription only subscribes you to new releases as they come out. It will not automatically add anything that is already out.

QUOTE (wittyfox @ Nov 06 2006, 12:26 AM)I thought fansub as a whole wanted to inch away from users relying on direct downloads too much, if this works too well wouldnt this just make all users want to direct download via Koushin Scheduler making the speeds even slower?

Once everybody begins to use our software, we can begin to deploy other technologies (bittorrent, ftvcn's p2p.. etc). Once everybody is using our distribution platform, we have a lot of control and flexibility in how things are done. So with this approach, we can actually transparently achieve an overall higher system efficiency level in the future.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Nov 06 2006, 12:39 AM)Um.. not really getting your point wittyfox. This was one of the demands from few if not some members. it's pretty tight though. But it's not like you're downloading all at the same time (well.. maybe it is... but not as in side-by-side downloading.)

Actually, this is one of the features that I have for myself previously. I could just check my folders to see what anime had come in and watch it in high quality without waiting a second. I'm not sure if anyone really requested this feature, but after experiencing it first hand, I thought it would be something that other people would like as well.

I think I would prefer an app that would DL the torrents as their released more than DDL. I personally get *much* higher speeds w/ torrents than DDL on FTV, so it would be more advantageous to me in that way. The only problem to that would be - what if I want only a certain group's subs, not the first released? Would there be a way to grab only the torrents from a certain group?

I tried to use the scheduler, and still have several episodes queued into it, but when I click the "Launch Koushin Scheduler" I get a new page, but instead of the program window itself, I get a white box with a smaller box in the upper left of it with a Red X in it... I've already upgraded my Java Runtime Environment, so that recommendation is gone, but still I get the X. What am I doing wrong? The full service Downloader works like a champ for me, but not the Koushin Scheduler... and since I only have direct access to my computer for an hour or two at a time during the week, but can leave it open, the Scheduler would be perfect for me!!

Help!!
sad.gif

Looks like this:

QUOTE (Asuka Jr. @ Nov 06 2006, 05:58 AM) I get a white box with a smaller box in the upper left of it with a Red X in it... I've already upgraded my Java Runtime Environment, so that recommendation is gone, but still I get the X.
Make sure you are running the JRE 1.5 (does not hurt to double check!)
Also make sure you are accepting content from FTV.

If this continues, please open a thread in the trouble shooting section so that your case may be resolved.

howcome everytime i click on "launch Koushin Scheduler" my firefox freezes? any1 noe how to fix it?

thx in advance

I'm having big trouble using this scheduler. When I click on the "Launch Scheduler" link, it just open a new window with a white screen.
You mentioned in previous posts to check the Java version, how can I do that ? I'm using MAC so the only browser compatible with the scheduler is FireFox.
Can't we have the old system back ?
sad.gif

@fullmetalx, what version of firefox and what version of java are you using?

@monic116, open a Terminal window (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and type thewfollowing: QUOTE java -version
hmm.. it should work with most browsers, the scheduler should depend on the installed java version and not on the browser being used.. we'll look into it, i'll test it on safari myself later today.

QUOTE (monic116 @ Nov 07 2006, 06:25 AM) You mentioned in previous posts to check the Java version, how can I do that ? I'm using MAC so the only browser compatible with the scheduler is FireFox.
Safari is also compatible with the scheduler so is any Java enabled browser (that would mean most Mac browser).

If there are any further problems or questions with the scheduler, please redirect them to the troubleshoot and support section. This thread is mean for the announcement and *possible* improvements of the system.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back