Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai (2021) & 2nd Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Klyern @ Oct 06 2014, 12:01 PM)Honestly i get what you are saying, about 96% of the episode was pukeworthy. I don't think the idea of showing scenes from where it all culminates to build up hype is a bad concept, but the execution and planning was awful to say the least. I'd give it 230 yen
QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 05 2014, 02:05 AM)Ah, Studio DEEN, why do you never cease to make doujin circles look AMAZING in comparison?

I shouldn't be rude to Doujin studios, Maikaze's done leagues betterlol don't forget Manpuku Jinja's MoP OVAs are even better, ok I don't mind new character design which is more detailed... but S1 has its own charm animated by Satelight, still ep.2 was hilarious with Tetra's debut and Delicious' return
laugh.gif

Why am I not getting that nice warm feeling in me belly that I got with the first season, seems something is amiss somewhere, just cant put my finger on it.

QUOTE (Fdraven @ Oct 11 2014, 06:41 PM) Why am I not getting that nice warm feeling in me belly that I got with the first season, seems something is amiss somewhere, just cant put my finger on it.
Because none of the body language is sincere, all of the interactions are forced, and the pacing is subtly worse. Also, none of the scene composition is handled very well, there's too much high speed camera panning where it was never needed before.

Or, more simply: Because it's Studio DEEN.

As for this episode... During the Ready-check later on, William really should have said "Okay, AFK check, everyone that's here jump up and down.", only to be met with laughter and a bouncing Tetra.

Why did they change studios from Satelight to Studio DEEN (one of the most hated anime studios....personally, I don't mind them) for the second season?

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 12 2014, 05:09 AM) Why did they change studios from Satelight to Studio DEEN (one of the most hated anime studios....personally, I don't mind them) for the second season?
Satelight is doing Madan no Ou to Vanadis this season...so that I know for sure if it has anything to do with the switching of studio...cause such examples switch studio for new series for anime title is nothing new, such as Full Metal Panic, Sentokai no Ichizon, Minami-ke etc...

May be it's due to studios production schedules etc?

I got nothing against Studio DEEN neither, but they haven't really delivered anything amazing for the recent years. The only anime that's close to a masterpiece by them that which I can recall is Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (which from years ago)...and that's about it.

This Ep was better, but I had to sit there and keep from skipping past the basic raid mechanics tutorial.
rolleyes.gif
(I know, I know, it's not actually common knowledge, it just feels like it from being immersed in raiding for too long.) We might get back to warm and fuzzies as soon as the plot development starts to happen now that we're starting to get into the subject of Overskills. (In print it was more clear by this point, but Nureha's "Overlay" is an Overskill.)

It's been kind of weird since they're intermixing Stray Child of Daybreak and Gold of the Kunie in pseudo-chronological order instead of book printing order.

As for the Studio DEEN hate... Studio DEEN is the variable price studio. They do have quality staff when you foot the bill for it, but usually you don't go to them for their A-team. Honestly, whoever made the poor decision to go with the Budget team instead of the A-team should be fired. This series is more than worth the money and has the international appeal to go with.

For that matter, someone's seriously asleep at the helm on merchandizing for LogHora, too. Did you notice how long it took for the OST?
sad.gif

QUOTE (Death_The_Kid @ Oct 21 2014, 10:17 AM) but....when is actually episode 4 will be aired?really looking forward for it
huh.gif

The episodes come out at least one a week, and they will come out when the fansubbers decided to finish and upload them.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 21 2014, 11:04 AM) The episodes come out at least one a week, and they will come out when the fansubbers decided to finish and upload them.
Or when Crunchyroll releases it, which is every Saturday morning.

QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 20 2014, 04:51 AM)This Ep was better, but I had to sit there and keep from skipping past the basic raid mechanics tutorial.
rolleyes.gif

As for the Studio DEEN hate...  Studio DEEN is the variable price studio.  They do have quality staff when you foot the bill for it, but usually you don't go to them for their A-team. Honestly, whoever made the poor decision to go with the Budget team instead of the A-team should be fired. This series is more than worth the money and has the international appeal to go with.good point so far I'm neutral about Deen, for me last year their best adaptation was Rozen Maiden while the worst Pupa... now that I notice Masich's new sig it's time for Naotsugu's love triangle, but he's still way behind vs. Shiroe's harem
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 22 2014, 07:01 PM) now that I notice Masich's new sig it's time for Naotsugu's love triangle, but he's still way behind vs. Shiroe's harem
tongue.gif

What Love Triangle?
rolleyes.gif

Have you not noticed yet?
wink.gif

okay now im raging

did our Akatsuki get taller?

please tell me im imagining things and one of the show's lolis did not just turn into a jk xD

akatsukijk_zps053a4486.jpg

joke aside, the tension went up a bit in last episode, before this episode i was thinking demi would try something like knocking william's arrows just when he was interrupting the bird's instant kill move or whatever xD, but i guess its not going to be that simple given how they respawn in the entrance of the raid area.

the only thing i still cant figure out is why they would go with the same opening song for the new season, i barely know any previous examples of that happening...

QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 23 2014, 04:23 AM)What Love Triangle?
rolleyes.gif

Have you not noticed yet?
wink.gif

QUOTE (Klyern @ Oct 25 2014, 03:35 AM)okay now im raging

did our Akatsuki get taller?

the only thing i still cant figure out is why they would go with the same opening song for the new season, i barely know any previous examples of thatapart of Marielle and Tetra do you mean there is another one, tall Akatsuki? Re-Gan? (sounds like a He-Man character) ;/... I watched #4 too but i didn't notice who else fell for Naotsugu, about the OP just blame Deen! let's keep hating
laugh.gif

sad.gif
poor poor deen, im glad im not deen.

Now i dont want to proliferate the hatred but i wonder why Radix failed and studios that people seem to hate survive. Well like Chie says, Yakiniku Kyoushoku
tongue.gif

(reasons i guess)

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 12 2014, 11:33 AM)I got nothing against Studio DEEN neither, but they haven't really delivered anything amazing for the recent years. The only anime that's close to a masterpiece by them that which I can recall is Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (which from years ago)...
QUOTE (Klyern @ Oct 26 2014, 8:07 PM)dont want to proliferate the hatred but i wonder why Radix failed and studios that people seem to hate survivelol that's what I thought in Sailor Moon Crystal 9 yesterday, lately which one do you pals dislike more? Toei or Deen?... about the studio in ep'5 Soujiro reminds to Kenshin, as Hitokiri Battousai after Embert killed girls from his guild harem
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 02 2014, 04:00 AM)lol that's what I thought in Sailor Moon Crystal 9 yesterday, lately which one do you pals dislike more? Toei or Deen?... about the studio in ep'5 Soujiro reminds to Kenshin, as Hitokiri Battousai after Embert killed girls from his guild harem
tongue.gif

Of course Souji reminds you of Ruroken. He's named after Soujiro Seta of the Juppongatana.
wink.gif

A good chunk of the cast is named in an emulation of the way people name their MMO characters after their favorite characters from shows. Even Krusty the ClownBerserker.

We're in for a pure treat next week as the characters begin to piece together the mystery behind the Samurai and the Roderick Guild reports a VERY important discovery about the world.

QUOTE (Norren @ Nov 02 2014, 02:42 PM) A good chunk of the cast is named in an emulation of the way people name their MMO characters after their favorite characters from shows. Even Krusty the ClownBerserker.
True, its easy to spot when you are such a person yourself. My very first swordsman in ragnarok online was named Kenshin Klyern, so i kind of see the small similarities when i see Klein from SAO being a red headed samurai whose's name starts with K.

And Kenshin was such a popular character both outside of japan and inside when morpgs started becoming a big thing outside japan, so there are lots of people who used that name among others (there were 2 more Kenshins in the same ragnarok server im talking about too, the one were i used that name first), a lot of people using Aragorn, Frodo, Tinuviel etc at that time, im sure the first thing that comes to mind when people see William must be "LEGOLAS!! *GASP*" xD (pls tell me im not the only one).

QUOTE (Norren @ Nov 02 2014, 12:42 PM)We're in for a pure treat next week as the characters begin to piece together the mystery behind the Samurai and the Roderick Guild reports a VERY important discovery about the world.
QUOTE (Klyern @ Nov 06 2014, 12:18 PM)True, its easy to spot when you are such a person yourself. My very first swordsman in ragnarok online was named Kenshin Klyern, so i kind of see the small similarities when i see Klein from SAO being a red headed samurai whose's name starts with K.coincidentally Klein's spelled similar to your username, you was registered here in 2007 while the SAO LN began in 2009 ;p ...back to LH S2 ep.6 was great like Norren posted, also nice to see Akatsuki reunite with Shiroe in the 'afterlife'
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 08 2014, 10:00 AM)coincidentally Klein's spelled similar to your username, you was registered here in 2007 while the SAO LN began in 2009 ;p ...back to LH S2 ep.6 was great like Norren posted, also nice to see Akatsuki reunite with Shiroe in the 'afterlife'
laugh.gif

Coincidentally there was a user in my server called Sword Arts, but he wasnt japanese... i think
wink.gif

There are a lot of coincidences in life, if you check "kenshin klyern" and "kamachi kazuma" have the same number of letters and initials
tongue.gif
, its a silly coincidence but its jolly for me who is a great Kamachi-sensei fan. My favorite "authors" are (if u care); beware tldr excerpt from my profile (HnG) Kenjiro Hata, (bakemonogatari etc) NisiOisiN, (To Aru etc) Kamachi Kazuma, (JoJo) Hirohiko Akari, (Sao etc) Reki Kawahara, (Slayers etc) Hajime Kanzaka, (Shakugan no Shana) Yashichiro Takahashi, (Gundam) Yoshiyuki Tomino, (kenshin) Nobuhiro Watsuki, (YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Level E, seriously get better
sad.gif
) Yoshihiro Togashi, (FMA, Silver Spoon) Arakawa Hiromu, (Gantz, Inu Yashiki etc) Hiroya Oku, (akuma to dolce, karakuri odete, kamisama hajimemashita) Suzuki Julietta, (Akira) Katsuhiro Otomo, (Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2) Takahashi Rumiko, (freezing, kurokami) Lim Dall-young, (dbz) Akira Toriyama, and (girl saurus, bitter virgin, etc) Kusunoki Kei
laugh.gif
in that order more or less, and will probably have to nudge Yuu Sasuga in there soon enough, only a couple of chapters in and gotta say he's godlike lol

I also said that Klein and Kenshin start with the same letter, but they also end with the same letter, same goes for my username.

On Sao topic again, i will forever keep believing that Legolas = Williams...........
biggrin.gif

ps: i tend to put whatever seems offtopic in spoiler tags, so as to not lengthen a topic too much for my ramblings, sorry for that

QUOTE (Klyern @ Nov 12 2014, 01:35 PM)On Sao topic again, i will forever keep believing that Legolas = Williams...........
biggrin.gif

ps: i tend to put whatever seems offtopic in spoiler tags, so as to not lengthen a topic too much for my ramblings, sorry for that err didn't you mean Log horizon or is there a crossover? xD jk, i guess so many derailments confuse us at times ;p... about ep'7 now makes sense what's going on, by its PV I hope Akatsuki isn't cursed by Tatara's Haganemushi sword too
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back