London

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

TNT

-nii
Retired
Anyone seen the news?

Pretty horrible stuff going on down there.

it's really terrible, luckily there's mostly just injuries so at least ppl still get to see there sons and daughters again. the terrorists are a bunch of bi***es tho, only when ppl aren't looking can they attack. this also makes things a hell of a lot harder on the innocent middle eastern ppl that live there, when stuff like this happenes they have to walk around getting dirty looks from ppl suspecting them of something

edit
well there's like 45 deaths now so the "mostly just injuries" is out the window

why? what's going on there? is it the same terrorist from iraq?

edit: i read about it now. but it didnt say anything about suspects. just how a double deck bus getting blown off.

They are pretty much certain its a terrorist strike. I think I read about 1000 heavy casualties and 45 deaths.
dry.gif

Stupid terrorists, I hope their spirits cease to excist (since they want to get immortality by bombing, this is a strong curse on them).

some of the guys in the blast have been on the news and they look pretty messed up, i think im gona steer clear of the underground for a while!!
f***ing terrotists. -the day after we won the olympics aswell....

whole undergrond down, but most people are handeling it very well, stiff upper lip and all, god people who do stuff like that make me sick.

the problem is that there are terrorists that most people don't see as terrorists. the US government is a different kind of, but a terrorist nonetheless... they are giving the middle east reasons to do such attacks! The last 3 major terrorist attacks were on the 3 major supporters of the Iraq war -- do you think that Al Qaeda's attacks in Spain and London are a coincidence?

if we don't want terrorists, we must stop giving them reasons to be that way.

/jp, the huge opposer of US foreign policies

but spain were not involved in operation lets get oil and saddam?! thata why the attacks on madrid were a bit off key.

they were -- they didn't have as many troops in Iraq (even though they did have some, which were called home shortly after the Madrid attack) and the former spanish prime minister was one of the leaders that joined Bush on his threats against Saddam Hussein, shortly before the war started.

And just for your information, those leaders were Bush (US), Blair (UK), Aznar (Spain) and Barroso (Portugal). guess which country hasn't been attacked. Yet.

/jp

Dont forget Austrailia, you sound a little arrogant. Trust me I'm no fan of US foreign policy either but backing down to terrorists is the pussy way out no? Since when did life become more precious then that person's own ideals? Notice I said their own, not those of the majority.... regardless Its an interesting question, when Spain pulled back its forces what do you think went through those terrorists heads? Its rather simple, they accomplished their mission, people became so afriad of their lives they would neglect any ideal, though granted you won't see me out in Iraq any time soon.... the methods there weren't my ideals >.<

i have NEVER backed up the terrorists. i just said that people tend to point their fingers at the Al Qaeda (which is completely valid, obviously) but almost no one points their fingers at the US government, when what they do is terrorism as well.

Almost 4000 people died in the last 3 major terrorist attacks against our civilization. How many people died in Iraq since its war started? How many times did Bush tell us to be afraid? Do you remembner the anthrax threat? Do you remember the Freedom Fries thing, do you know what the Patriot Act is all about? Do you remember that the US totally turned their backs on the United Nations and acted on their own?

My point is: what happened is terrible, it doesn't matter if it was in London, New York, Madrid or Bagdad. It's awful when innocent people die.. but please don't point your fingers to the terrorists, they're not the only ones to blame!

And i didn't mention Australia because, even though they supported the US (like many other countries: they were about 30 at some point, as far as i know), the four major faces before the war were Bush, Blair, Aznar and Barroso. Check this link:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20030316-3.html

i'm sorry if i sound so arrogant.. i'm too passionate when i talk about this
tongue.gif
but i've been discussing this matter for a couple of years now, and i still don't see any light at the end of the tunnel..

/jp

there is no light at the end of the tunnel, in terror or war.

say you were involved in the iraq war and a dirty bomb or nuclear hit lisbon and killed/ or f***ed up a load of people in your home country then would you say we only have yourselves selves to blame? as we are also terrorists??

i agree with your point, but theres alot you dont think about...

the fact is that iraq had NONE of those.. they had no WMDs, let alone nuclear weapons.. north korea has some and the US don't attack them. did you ever wonder why?

the problem is that we should blame ourselves sometimes, but we don't. if the US thought of what they had done wrong after 911 a war could have been prevented, the attacks in Spain and the UK could have been prevented -- yet, they rushed to war, without a decent plan and without decent reasons, which created more hate towards our way of life. a terrorist attack in Iraq is waaaay too common (and we should care about that as well), and major attacks on our way of life have become too common as well..

this is NOT the right way to fight terrorism..

/jp

I have a feeling we don't attack NK for other matters, I belive it has to do more Black Ops though, another thing I desise... Also I remember everything you mentioned Darkdog but you also seem to fail to grasp the islamic war isnt really against the U.S. or its allies entirely: its against moderate islam at a whole, maybe why the bomb blew in the Arab district of London? WTC and Pentagon? Easy voice staging areas

i agree that the moderate islam is one of the terrorists' targets, but it's not the only one, in my opinion... their enemy is not our lifestyle itself, but those who try to impose our lifestyle to "their people" -- which may be considered both "moderating" the islam or imposing democracies, like it's happening in Iraq.

and... errrr... ummmm.. i'm too sleepy to think about this right now
biggrin.gif
i'll continue tomorrow if anyone's still interested in discuss this, ok?

/jp

you/i dont know fully what the government/s motives are for the war on terror, you/i dont understand fully why the terrorists do what they do. you can just speculate, to a reasonably good level admittedly but its still your own opinions with fact brought to you by the media to back it up.

Well, i really dont have much to add on the topic, but ill put in my feelings and 2 cents.
its really unbelievable about what happened to the British, unfortunatly, this shows that the war isnt anywhere near over, which is unfortunate because i would like to see the coalition troops out of the ME and back home where they belong. It also shows that we need to be on alert 24/7 and that no matter how long time passes without anything happening, we are still in danger. But as far as the british handeling everything, im very impressed, the reaction from the local authorities was rapid, and the reaction from the citizens was calm and collected. Id say it'd quite the opposite here in New York if that happened. The city would be panic striken. Its unfortunate that this happened, but thank god the casualties arent too high, and its mostly injuries, as someone commented before, most of the parents, siblings, and offspring will be seeing thier loved ones again.

I really don't like getting too much involved in this but here is my 2 cents... You blame US for this darkdog but you have to grasp that US is not just its government its millions of people living together, while it is true its government makes actions that are good and bad it is done with what is best for them in mind. You are right we the government tries to impose on another's culture... but don't you think there are people that want change in their culture? I came from a culture that is totally different from the US but to coexist you have to be willing to adapt, and I like some of the benefits of modern culture... But Terrorists or Idealists have their own wishes and agendas... for example Al Qaeda calls there acts part of a holy jihad (war) but if you read the Koran you will find that people are just using certain sentences literally to mean what they want to get their own way, Is this beneficial to everyone? I am not saying that US actions are just in anyway but you dont need to go and kill people to get revenge for what happened. Violence keeps begetting violence, I make a mistake and end up costing people lives, in turn you get mad and kill someone else, and then they take up the anger for that. A vicous cycle. US gave Saddam support in turn he became a dictator who terrorized as he pleased. Is any of this just? Does it excuse the fact though that instead of finding a different way to protest they ended up bombing places killing how many innocent people instead of confronting the problem head on and finding a different way to get their wishes.. (for example India started its path to independence through non violence.) Terrorists don't seem to try and get rid of the government completely they seem to wish to kill the general public to tell their ideals, are they more right to do so then?

I think I might have said a bit much but i hope you understand that I mean that terrorists themselves are going about the wrong way of trying to get their way. Not everyone wishes to follow others ideals this leads to fights and wars.

exile -- yes, the reaction was great, just like in spain (where the death toll was pretty big... it's always too much, but it was worse than London according to what we know at the moment).. and in my opinion that's precisely how everyone should react.

ultima -- i don't know what the true motives are for the war on terror, but i can assume that it's not about justice nor world freedom.. tomorrow i'll post a message with a list of what makes me assume that, i gotta get some sleep
tongue.gif

mar-episcopa -- actually i don't think the US government is doing the best for their people.. if they did i'd say they were selfish, but i would understand their stand. the truth is that the US economy has weakened, they spent waaaaay too much money on the war, the deficit is way too high, people are losing beneficts, the Patriot Act has limited the people's freedoms.. unfortunately i think that the government's top interests are not their people..

to everyone -- it feels like some people might be offended with my point of view.. feel free to ask me for evidence on what i say, reasons behind my opinions, etc at any time!! i'd be glad to explain myself, to show that i'm not a blind hater..

now.. time to finally go to sleep
smile.gif

/jp

QUOTE You are right we the government tries to impose on another's culture... but don't you think there are people that want change in their culture? I came from a culture that is totally different from the US but to coexist you have to be willing to adapt, and I like some of the benefits of modern culture.
I dont believe that anyone wants to change their culture, but I do believe that there are people who dont care about change and thus let it happen.
I think im misreading here, but are you saying that you moving to a different country and adapting is the same as the us moving their army to a different country and making them adapt?
huh.gif

Anyway, I agree with DD. I think the US government hasnt made a smart decision in over four years. War is great for the economy...but only on short time span after that its horror.
ph34r.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back