Love Lab

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
IyHMbzq.jpg

Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Yuri
Studio: Dogakobo
Director: Masahiko Ohta (Yuruyuri, Minami-ke)
Series Composition: Takashi Aoshima (Yuruyuri, Yuru Yuri♪♪)
Music: Yasuhiro Misawa (Kokoro Connect, Yuruyuri)

Original Creator: Ruri Miyahara

Number of episodes: 13

Opening Theme:
"Love Shitai! (恋愛(ラブ)したいっ!)" by Fuji-Jo Seitokai Shikkou-Bu

Ending Theme:
"Best FriendS" by Fuji-Jo Seitokai Shikkou-Bu

Synopsis:
The Fujisaki Girls Academy is known for their school body being composed of very proper students. The most prominent one of them is Maki, the student president who is admired by her classmates for her calm and polite demeanor. On the other hand, Kurahashi Riko is also admired but for having a very forward and boyish personality. Riko accidentally walks into Maki while she's practicing kissing with a pillow and learns that she isn't what everyone thinks she is. Riko is forced into keeping Maki's secret and join her in practicing all aspects of romance like holding hands and more.
(Source: MAL)

Cast:
Ayane Sakura as Yuiko "Eno" Enomoto
Chinatsu Akasaki as Natsuo Maki
Inori Minase as Suzune "Suzu" Tanahashi
Manami Numakura as Rico Kurahashi
Yō Taichi as Sayori "Sayo" Mizushima

Emi Sarah Bridcut as Student

Thoughts: I haven't seen this myself yet, but I want to watch it because it's being done by pretty much the entire Yuruyuri team
tongue.gif
I imagine that if you like that sort of comedy with yuri undertones you will like this.
I'm also interested in hearing some of these new seiyuus in their first roles: Yo Taichi and Minase Inori (she did have a minor role in Occult Academy, but first major role). Annnd Hibiki's seiyuu (from Idolmaster) is playing Riko! I think she has a really good voice and I'm glad she's playing another major role.

I thought the first episode was fun, lots of comedic moments. I liked that both Maki and Riko seemed to be the stereotypical "ojousama kaichou" and "wild girl," but they also had a completely other side to them. Maki was especially hilarious, with her image of an "ideal" boyfriend, and all the wacky ideas she has about how to get a guy (loved the - be graceful as a swan while running away- gag
tongue.gif
)
As for Riko, despite her wild and tough exterior does care a lot about the romantic side of things. We see that in her flashbacks where she was repeatedly crushed by how she was treated by guys
tongue.gif

I'll be interested in seeing how it progresses from here on out. Not sure if it will remain on my watch list, but I am keeping an eye on it.

Did someone say yuri?
laugh.gif

Man I wonder why I passed this one up here, I'm guessing it's due to the many second + seasons currently going on which might be why I almost passed this one up.
tongue.gif

From the first episode it looks like it's going to be a comedic yuri series since it looks like the council president is desparate to fall for pretty much anything that moves it looks like.
tongue.gif

Yeah I can't believe you almost passed on this one Wolfie, it's right up your alley
tongue.gif

With the whole Yuru Yuri team behind it, I am expecting great things. I have yet to watch episode 2 though.

Well after seeing the second episode we now get introduced to the other 2 student council members, or would it be former student council members?
tongue.gif

Aside from that it seems the little fairy-like girl finally decided to now get out of her shell here and wants to learn the same things with Yuiko and Maki. Although I was surprised that she decided to give a paper-fan to enhance the manzai team here though.
laugh.gif

Well with watching up to the 4th episode here I have to say that I am enjoying this series. The thing is it's more manzai than yuri here, although the yuri ordeal pretty much comes from the random school girls liking in main cast though.
tongue.gif

In any case it's nice to see that the student council is now involved in the love research portion now, since things can only get funnier from here on out. Top it all off with them actually getting a request from one fo the girls in school it's making this even more legitamate for them to do this research now.
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back