Magia Record, Puella Magi Madoka Magica side story (2020) & season 2 (2021)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Magia Record, Puella Magi Madoka Magica side story (2020) & season 2 (2021)

This is NOT season of 2 Madoka but only the second season of the Madoka side-story. It does not reach the highs of its main series counterpart but this gaiden series was good enough for me to finish. I hope this will be better than season 1.
looking’forward homura and madoka’s debut in this spinoff now that s2 began :(

Last edited:
Homura returns but she is not the yandere we saw before. This second season has got a lot more action though. I hope it tops season one it certainly started with a bang.

spoiler! jk i just binged up to ep’4 but yes she isn’t a yandere yet, ‘early’ timeline...

I was waiting for episode eight to come out but then realised it will be delayed for one week due to production issues. This season is a short one at only eight episodes but fortunately the third season will come out in the winter 2022 season.

After seven episodes I can confidently say that this is better than the first season which largely focused on the characters backstory while the actual plot took a backseat. This season by contrast does the complete opposite as it puts the story at the forefront while character development becomes largely a secondary feature. It works well but if you like Homura and her yandere incarnation then sadly you won't find it here. Actually I have to say she is more innocent than even the original version found in the first Madoka season.

if you like Homura and her yandere incarnation then sadly you won't find it here. Actually I have to say she is more innocent than even the original version found in the first Madoka season.
it’s OK, time to binge ep.5 to 7 and recap now that 2nd season finale is released... done, i wonder if this movie team iroha join Madoka’s again to be relevant in s3 :p

Last edited:
Season two is a definitive improvement over the first one and if you like action then all the better! Just know there is a third season which is slated to come in January 2022 so there the latest season ends on a cliff-hanger of sorts...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back