Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

White Wivern

Kouhai
QUOTE (AnimeNfo)* Show is a spinoff of Triangle Hearts

Takamachi Nanoha is a 3rd grader elementary school girl. She lives with her parents who run a coffee shop, and her older sister and brother who are students. She was a normal girl until she met a boy that came from another world. She happens to obtain a magical power from him. After their encounter, Nanoha has to recollect “Jewel Seeds”. They are from the other world, and are scattered around Earth.

The boy from the other world can turn into a small animal, and she has a magical wand that is materialized by Nanoha’s will. With these two, she has to recollect Jewel Seed. It will grant one’s dream, but it also causes various accidents as well.

She begins to have a friendship with the boy from the other world. She spends her secret life as a magical girl late at night, early in the morning, after school, and on vaction. She is a normal girl when she is with her friends and family.

During her adventures, there appears magical girls that has the same power of Nanoha, because of this, her peaceful life is almost destroyed.

“I do my best…so that I won’t regret”

Takamachi Nanoha, a third grader, though she isn’t good at sports, but she does her best with courage, magic, and her will, that she won’t lose.

Episode one looked good for a magical girl (mahou shoujo) anime. It's sort of like Card Capture Sakura if you've seen it before, where she has to go around and collect stuff with a helper person (this time, a ferret). This anime is connected to Triangle Hearts since they feature some of the same characters (Nanoha's brother and sister...).

Episode two also looked pretty good. I was afraid that they'd reuse the transformation scene from the first episode, but it looks like they avoided that trend and did something original instead. Nanoha has some rather virtuous qualities to her. You know those cheesy lines that you'd expect heros or heroines to say or even those cheesy scenearios that somehow find their way into a scene? Well, the writers for this series were pretty original and the "cheesy" happy/heart-warming stuff that you'd normally sigh to actually works out pretty well and fits in pretty naturally. You'll see what I mean in this episode two.

I agree with you. I was also afraid that they would waste time using that transformation sequence every time she changes. Remember Sailor Moon and how a good part of the episodes was the transformation scenes. That became so annoying and tiresome. Non of that here.

yeah so far (ep.3) it seems to be a deacnt anime that can turn into somthing good
smile.gif

just wonder if they can add somthing els to the story. cause as it is, it's not exciting!!!!
unsure.gif

i've just watched ep. 4 and they have done it. now i can't waite for the next ep. adding a rivle was a good turn.

now i can say the story has a bit of action in it.
tongue.gif

hehehhe
yeh.... it'd be interesting to see how her rival turns out to be.... since they are aiming for the same thing...
i still like nanoha better!!! but her dress is way too long for a mahou shoujo anime...... =X

OMG I did a search for this and it was on page 17 of 20!!!! With only 6 posts!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

AAAARRRRGGGG!!!! This was the best anime trilogy I have ever seen! It has the best anime music I have ever heard! It shall be raised on high!

MGLN, MGLN A's, MGLN Strikers = Win!

BUMP!!!

QUOTE (Vith @ Feb 27 2008, 09:02 PM) OMG I did a search for this and it was on page 17 of 20!!!! With only 6 posts!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

AAAARRRRGGGG!!!! This was the best anime trilogy I have ever seen! It has the best anime music I have ever heard! It shall be raised on high!

MGLN, MGLN A's, MGLN Strikers = Win!

BUMP!!!
You did realize that there were the A's thread and the StrikerS thread, which are quite active. You didn't necessarily need to search through 20 pages to find the first series thread considering your post is about the trilogy in general.

But still, so little talk on the thread about the first series, I was amazed. Seems to me that everyone knows about nanoha, fate, & company but there were only 6 posts on the thread about the series that started the whole thing.
sad.gif
Did people just not catch on to MGLN till A's came out?

Considering this series started the trilogy, I figured it would be fitting to post my feelings about the entire trilogy here.

QUOTE (Vith @ Feb 27 2008, 09:59 PM) But still, so little talk on the thread about the first series, I was amazed. Seems to me that everyone knows about nanoha, fate, & company but there were only 6 posts on the thread about the series that started the whole thing.
sad.gif
Did people just not catch on to MGLN till A's came out?

Considering this series started the trilogy, I figured it would be fitting to post my feelings about the entire trilogy here.
No, this thread was created around the time when the site first started, therefore not many users yet and hence only 6 posts.

I see
tongue.gif
*looks at date of first post and feels like a dunce* Well now its back up near the front (where it belongs!) so new people can see it.
cool.gif

Its magical!... and lyrical!.... and ... um... nanoha...cal?!
biggrin.gif

Heyas Kit-Tsukasa-sama,

True, but not everyone's familiar with the 1st series. But being a diehard Nanoha veteran, and a true fan, I think there should be a thread specific to this first series, just as there's ones for A's & StrikerS. To all who are new to the whole scenario, I can't recommend it enough, and new viewers (who like Mahou Shoujo) will love it.

Hear hear! I am a Nanoha fan, and I think the way they did the whole mahou shoujo thing was quite refreshing - blending "technology" with the traditional "magic". The introduction of characters was done really well too.

Ultimately recommended!

"Hot-blooded magical girl action anime"...that's what the Japanese call it lol

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back