Manga Recommendation

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (drift3r2086 @ Sep 06 2008, 12:18 PM) can you plss list then a couple of mangas that has highscool life and romance with it.......
biggrin.gif

even if it has fantasy stuff....

i just life to read romance together with school life
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

High School Life Mangas (There is Romnmance in all these b ut i wouldnt say its the main focus in some of them)

Sundome, if you like Mysterious Girlfriend X you will probably like this.

Hatsukoi Limited, style is similar to Negima imo, its done by the same Mangaka as Ichigo 100% and Lillim Kiss, so if you like her works then this is a must.

Strawberry Panic!, very nice Romance, is School Life, but you must be willing to read Yuri though, also quite funny at times.

umm this is similar to the last post, can someone recommend manga(s) that are like (as epic)ichigo 100% that have actual endings (good endings please) thank you thank you thank you thank you in advaance

this topic is kinda old so i hope i get a replie i dont read manga but i was looking at some in the store today and was wondering if any one knows it the DearS manga keeps the story going or is it a longer verson of the anime if it keeps it going i will go buy all the DearS mangas i never have time to read but will make time for this one and dose any one know if they will ever bring the elfin lead manga to the us i hear the story gos on in the manga TY (im a noob to this this is my first fan site)

QUOTE this topic is kinda old so i hope i get a replie i dont read manga but i was looking at some in the store today and was wondering if any one knows it the DearS manga keeps the story going or is it a longer verson of the anime if it keeps it going i will go buy all the DearS mangas i never have time to read but will make time for this one and dose any one know if they will ever bring the elfin lead manga to the us i hear the story gos on in the manga TY (im a noob to this this is my first fan site)

DearS i think has the same endings in both the anime and manga, but the manga just has more character development, and as for elfin lied, i suggest downloading it because it is already completely scanned..........i hope i dont get banned for this

QUOTE i just started the 6th dears manga and theres no way it will end like the anime in fact i feel like the anime riped me off by ending the anime after only 12 eps i dont think im going to read any more mangas that iv already seen the anime for this is my first manga and am really ticked off i loved the anime and was hopeing ther would be more eps and now that iv got in to the manga i see there could have been i think this is the wrong place for topic i hope i dont get baned for this lol

Moved your post to the DearS Manga thread

So i just think ill remind everyone that this is for Manga Recommendation only, the disscussion of Manga series either goes in its appropriate thread or here:

Genearl Manga Discussion

i just wanted to recommend one that just finished today
its called rust blaster and its by the same author that is currently doing Kuroshitsuji
It comes under the categories Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Shounen and Supernatural

QUOTE (MyAnimeGirls69 @ Feb 14 2009, 03:13 AM) Whats a realy good manga series? Any catigory will do.
I still say thats too vague but ill list you some of my favs/what im reading right now:

*Bolds are must reads

Change 123
Bakuman
Sexy Guardian
Golden Boy
Sexy Commando
Fairy Tail
Eden
My Balls
Doubt
Bio Meat Nectar
Haru yo Koi

I would like to read a manga that has the same akward educational value but entertaining style of Yakitake Japan
If there exist anything remotely similar?

Or a serious mature non fantasy plot that involves around complex issues, crime, society, psychology. Preferably original and not so overused themes.

I am not used to reading Mangas but it would be nice to give it a try with an unfamiliar "new" Manga this time.

there's a manga from korea that i think awesome...

Aflame Inferno...

check it out...

i guess the storyline is good..

but sadly at some chapter they've stop posting it...

dont know y...(
sleep.gif
")

Hey you know GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)? I loved it so much. But unfortunately I've finished reading it, ohhhhh mu Goddd.

So the point is can anyone recommend with a manga title (Complete is better though) that has the same genre, setting, story with GTO?

One more thing I also like a manga that has a love story in it?

Please Please Please just recommend me...... Thanks for all of your help.

All I can say is GTO : Shonan Junai Gumi. It has decently same genre ^^

Dont know any others with same type of settings as manga that are as good as GTO since GTO is in my top 5 if not number 1... If some-one really knows manga this good pls let us know.

And also you want to check Rose Hip Rose...from same author only different genre, still same kind of characters and same drawing style/detail accuracy as GTO.

BTW if you want try some other genre I could say try Battle Royal, Genshiken, King of Hell, Those Who Hunt Elves and Love Hina...those are some certain ones that hit to me atleast.

Rookies is a good manga series which gives a similar feel to GTO.

It revolves around a teacher, Kawato Kouichi, who recently transfered to a new school and soon found him self supervisor of the baseball club. However, the supposed baseball players only use their club room to bring in women and stolen objects and as a place to smoke. The teacher immediately becomes an enemy of the club, but others soon realize that he is more of a friend than a teacher and won't bend to ridiculous rules that hurt students.

If that is not enough let me spoil some things.
The teacher is loved by his previous school, literally every single student wants him to come back. He was kicked out for punching a student who fell out a window. However, that student deeply respects him now and would even fight his best friend to stick up for the teacher.

I'll try and remember some other series for you, but that is all for now.

Thanks for all of your previous recommendation, now i have a lots of manga to read.

By tHe way, can anyone recommend me with a love story manga that has a comedy touch inside? Well you know, I mean something similiar to love hina, crazy love story but a nice one. My sister doesnt know what to read anymore, she is bored. Thanks for all of your recommendation. Help me a lot man.

Well Right now i want to recommend a manga for all of you
1. Chobits (Nice love story)
2. Great Teacher Onizuka (For A student you must read this)
3. Pet Shop Of Horrors (Nice one to remind us about nature)
4. Flame Of Recca (Read It! Even though it's an old manga, it can pump my adrenaline)

Hope This will help all of you.

Love Story, huh? Let me think..

I enjoyed Love Hina Personally, despite the fact i read it so long ago. I'll recommend some ones that i find similar to it.

In no particular order:

1. Ai Kora [Not finished] - Story about a guy with a harem and has some real romantic times, but it is definitely funny and strange at the same time.

2. Ichigo 100% [Finished] - A long manga (Goes way further and way more indepth than the anime) that deals with multiple girl's and has a lot of down to earth romance. Funny too.

3. Mx0 [Finished, but rushed at the end] - A great manga dealing with magic and romance with a good bit of comedy.

4. Negima [Not Finished, Long] - Same person who wrote Love Hina, Very awesome.

There's a good bit more but thats all for now
biggrin.gif

You're right in the sense that Chobits, GTO, Flame of Recca are awesome.
However, i have not read Pet SHop of Horrors

im not really a manga or comic guy that much but im obssessing this new spiderman comics called spiderman loves mary jane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_Loves_Mary_Jane

the art and the story is really similar to romance (shojo?) manga. its really REALLY good. the story's main character is mary jane and her 3 friends. and peter parker/spiderman only has a supporting role. you gotta read it and see what im talking about. this is mainly romance comic which is weird and kinda a first for marvel. highly recommended for romance anime/manga fans.

Looking for some recommendations - the manga I've been following has had it's releases slowed down dramatically recently.

Basically, I'd like good recommendations for manga which are either action oriented or a good comedy/slice-of-life/slight romance (preference would be the latter). I would really rather avoid anything that is heavy on ecchi (don't mind a little but really don't want it to be a focal point). Also would prefer one which either does not have an anime based off of it yet or one who's anime did not closely follow the manga.
Last thing I'd like to add is one which is either already complete or which has fairly regular updates (if less than one chapter a month, it's not considered regular to me).

I been reading random completed mangas to kill time.

Pretty Face -

It's ok. It was a fun ride while it lastest (52 chapters, 22 pages each). But the ending was just pure crap. It made it feel like it was just a waste of time to read how everyone "evolved". It's an easy read, so if you got nothing to do. It might be a good read for you,

QUOTE (Repede @ Jan 12 2010, 07:15 PM) I been reading random completed mangas to kill time.

Pretty Face -

It's ok. It was a fun ride while it lastest (52 chapters, 22 pages each). But the ending was just pure crap. It made it feel like it was just a waste of time to read how everyone "evolved". It's an easy read, so if you got nothing to do. It might be a good read for you,
Sorry but something described as "ok" (e.g. halfway decent) and with a absolute crap ending doesn't sound too appealing...any other suggestions?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back