naruto vs dbz vs bleach

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdog

-dredg
Retired
i thought that creating a new thread would be a good idea, this discussion seems to be interesting and unrelated to the thread it was on!

in my opinion, the biggest problem with naruto are the flashbacks and the preaching -- i love the fights, humor and story. the fights are much better than dragonball's (it's not just a matter of who's strongest, there are strategies involved as well), the characters are growing slowly which leaves room for progresses, there's not that "the most powerful enemy in the universe shows up. is defeated. a new most powerful enemy in the universe shows up. is defeated." that made me grow tired of dbz..

back to naruto: i hate the flashbacks. they take too long and show up too frequently. The preaching isn't as bad, but it still annoys me when they abuse it. Eliminating those parts, it's either very funny or filled with great action, which makes me want more when i finish viewing an episode!

i decided it'd be a good time to post about naruto because i've been downloading it in the last weeks / months, i've seen up to episode 90 and i'll get up to episode 100 tonight
smile.gif

/jp

I'm a big fan of strategic fighting myself. It certainly gets boring when every fight is ended with a freaking gigantic spirit bomb. My favorite fight had to be either Vegeta vs Goku in the Saiyan saga, or Gohan vs Bojack in whatever movie that was. That's probably my favorite movie of them all.

And yes, the Ginyu saga. It was hilarious. How could you not like the posing, and insane antics of the Cap'n?

Anyways, the problem with these überlong series is that they do get repetitive. Sometimes even Gundam gets a little tired at ~50 episodes each, but at other times, you don't want it to end. Even so, series that are short and sweet seem to stick in peoples minds, like 0080 or 08th MS Team. Does anyone know how long Bleach is supposed to run?

~ SP

What we said in the other thread...

You've both said the story in Naruto is predictable, which i don't think it really is. I challenge anyone who has been following the anime on it's own without having to read the manga to predict what's going to happen next. It only feels predictable since you've read ahead in the manga like 4 months ago  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish that was the case. I quit Naruto, anime eps count, shortly after the chuunin qualification rounds due to boredom. Never read the manga. I picked up my first Naruto manga around the time Sasuke was "captured." You see that huge gap? I dont feel like ive missed anything at all. Im not watching the anime now.

Well in that huge gap not alot happens I fact the events that happen during that time would cover about a week (Third dies, Gara beaten,Itachi shows up)+ however long it took to find Tsunada :/ That doesn't mean it's predictable just not alot happens. It also proves that it's a good piece of entertainment that you pick up and drop at anytime
laugh.gif

QUOTE Does anyone know how long Bleach is supposed to run?

It's an ongoing manga, with the material they have so far easily over 50 eps and if they do catch up they could do a Rurouni Kenshin and start writing their own storylines as long as it's popular enough >_>

QUOTE in my opinion, the biggest problem with naruto are the flashbacks and the preaching

I agree that they are annoying but it's done to inform those that have just started watching what's going on and also to distance itself from catching up to the manga. We'll definitely start seeing fillers again soon with the pace they are going at the mo.

QUOTE "the most powerful enemy in the universe shows up. is defeated. a new most powerful enemy in the universe shows up. is defeated." that made me grow tired of dbz..

Well they have to introduce the bad guy somehow
sad.gif

In DBZ-
"Goku, Freezer is the strong warrior in the universe! Hold on wait, he's the second strongest to Buu who has been sleeping for decades on Earth!- King Kai"
In Bleach-
"Ichigo watch out for Hollows, oh by the way watch out for other Death Gods as well since you ain't a proper Death God either. OMG how can i forget about the last of the Quincy?!- Rukia"
In Naruto-
OMG he has a rare Bloodline limit *runs*

in naruto it's different... on episode 90 naruto is not even close to oruchimaru's power, for example.. his enemies in the beginning were gennins / chuunins, and even though his opponents were the best of the rank, they were still of a low rank. so he grew but he still has a long way to go.

in dragonball there wasn't a rank difference. the enemies were presented like they were the most powerful ones in the universe at all times.. vegeta could very well be one of the best "space warriors" (i'm not sure of their english name) but his leader be known to be much stronger, you know what i mean?

And in bleach, the only opponent that ichigo defeated and definitely impressed rukia was the menos grande (which is portuguese for "less big", by the way
wink.gif
).. it's known that he has great potencial but a long way to go, and his enemies are rarely labeled as the most powerful being on the universe..

/jp

*sigh*
It just isnt a forum w/o pointless dbz vs. naruto discussion. And now we include Bleach in the mix.

Opening Thoughts : A reader/watcher of both forms of Naruto and Bleach, I am a huge fan of both series. I also hold a special place in my heart for DBZ, my first ever experience with Japanese Anime.</thought>

QUOTE Well in that huge gap not alot happens I fact the events that happen during that time would cover about a week (----------spoiler--------------)+ however long it took to find Tsunada :/ That doesn't mean it's predictable just not alot happens. It also proves that it's a good piece of entertainment that you pick up and drop at anytime
In this stretch of some 20 episodes, I feel that enough happened to make Naruto entertaining. Dont forget that Naruto learned a new jutsu, also.
While some may say that the 3rd's fight was too long, they only showed it about 15-20 minutes in a 9-episode stretch. They did this so that it'd end around the time Naruto won his battle, adding an epic feel to the end of the battle.

QUOTE in my opinion, the biggest problem with naruto are the flashbacks and the preaching
I disagree. The biggest problem was early on when the last 5 minutes of the show were included in the next episode. That did suck, and luckily, they got away for that.
The preaching does get a little tedious, thats why I hate the s*** out of Neji.
Everyone complains about flashbacks. I personally feel Naruto does good with FB, in moderation. They dont overdo it IMO.

QUOTE "the most powerful enemy in the universe shows up. is defeated. a new most powerful enemy in the universe shows up. is defeated." that made me grow tired of dbz..
Bleach and Naruto are different. They've essentially setup the cast and characters for the whole series. With Naruto and Bleach, the appearance of new characters (good or bad) are believable due to the structure of their story. I mean, you dont bitch about Spider-Man when in one comic he fights Green Goblin, then in the next he fights Lizard, do you? My feeling is, that in DBZ, much like real life, there's a balance between good and evil. Evil will never disappear, no matter how many times you kill it.

Closing thoughts: tbh, I feel Naruto and Bleach are most similar to each other than any other pairing here. I look at Kurosaki and think, "oh, an older version of Naruto who received his powers, instead of earning 'em." (Yeah, I know, Naruto stole the Kage Bunshin seal, and met Jiraiya.) And you could do this with certain characters/aspects of the shows.
But in the end, you have to recognize that Kishimoto was a fan of DBZ also, and draws influence from DBZ onto his show/manga Naruto. DBZ layed the groundwork for most, if not all shonen anime we watch and love. You know amazon.com, and how they recommend things similar to what you order? If you like Naruto, you'll like Bleach. Being similar isnt exactly a bad thing, but straight-up copying is just flat wrong, and none of these series resemble each other to that extent.</thoughts>

I gotta admit, when others write really long posts, I dont bother to read them.
tongue.gif

jrow, this thread is my fault -- this is my first anime-related forum, i didn't know about this discussion being that frequent! even though i understand why..

all i'll add right now is: yes, when some minutes of the previous show were added to the end of the next episode, that sucked. a lot. but they took care of it, so i didn't mention it..

/jp

QUOTE (darkdog @ Feb 8 2005, 08:12 PM) jrow, this thread is my fault -- this is my first anime-related forum, i didn't know about this discussion being that frequent! even though i understand why..
Yeah, it is pretty frequent, but dont feel at fault about it.

gaara-ko-g.gif

Just for fun
tongue.gif

QUOTE I gotta admit, when others write really long posts, I dont bother to read them.

*gasp* Meanie...

Why would you even want to have a discussion like this?
huh.gif
Basically what you're doing is pitting fanboys against eachother (and with the current huge population of Narutards, itll quickly degrade).
laugh.gif

Might be me, but you seem reasonable and not at all fangirlish.
happy.gif

You can like Naruto and not be a Narutard.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back