Nisekoi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Barbobot

-the Pirate King
Retired
From watching Nisekoi, found a hate cliche of mine. The promise made while a kid, which you then either forget the promise or who it was made to. I know it's been around for a long time, being the basis for Love Hina and probably others before that, but it's just an annoying contrivance now. Nisekoi would be so much better without it.

So I started watching Nisekoi tonight and like a few minutes in, I was like this anime has a SHAFT feel to it and I was begging it not to be. A few minutes later, I decide to resolve my suspicions by wiki-ing it and I was right, it's a SHAFT anime. I absolutely love SHAFT as an anime studio and everything they do but you have to like properly concentrate on the animes so as to not miss anything..........I mean one episode of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei would typically take me an hour to get through, admittedly though each episode was just littered with content and I would constantly pause the episode to read everything translated but they of course do less of that in they're other productions. Regardless, I was looking for something that I could watch easily to the point that I could just switch off my brain.

Anyways, I'm on ep 6 of Nisekoi now and damn do I really want Onodera and Raku to be a couple by the end because I really don't want a 100% Ichigo ending.

EDIT #1:

I'm on episode 8 right now....scrap that sh*t I said above, I'm shipping the RakuxTsugumi pairing.

Why aren't there any Nisekoi thread already?

Anyway, I'm disappointed in the progress so far. Last week was a total waste of time as it was a Onodera only-episode. I thought, "well, that hopefully means the next week's episode will be only about Chitoge or Maria (yuck)". I have to admit it was kind of Chitoge-centered, but still the other girls were present nontheless! It should've been a Chitoge only-episode! Why does Stupid-Hair-Onodera get all the limelight? T__T
Also, it's episode 17 out of 20 already, and pretty much no progress has been made. In three episodes any kind of closure will be crammed in there and probably won't result in anything good. >__<

There won't be any closure, I'm hoping SHAFT makes a 2nd season. The manga is still on-going and I'm holding myself back from spoiling myself lol but I'll probably read the manga from the start after the anime or at least I hope so.

I honestly don't know who to root for, I think all the girls are great and I love it that it reminds me of Love Hina.

Episode 17 was good, Chitoge looked cute in her yukata and I was glad that Raku realised what he had done when he gave her the lucky charm and his response from finding out was hilarious.

Only 3 more episodes left.
biggrin.gif

I Enjoy Nisekoi and I agree on last weeks episode being a Onodera only episode, this weeks was a little bit different.

I do hope they make a second season. I agree on JCDRANZER saying their won't be any closure.

The manga is already at chapter 120 and in the Anime they are at chapter 42 according to the manga, so: I also don't see any closure. On the other hand... I must say : Give me more then 20 episodes!! they got enough to make 50 at the moment and the images/scenes are completely the same as in the manga!

(I do Advise everyone to think twice about checking the manga, Seeing as you will spoil it for yourself if you go beyond the anime).

Luckily I don't read manga. Still, I don't want to have to wait for another season to eventually see some form of romantic climax. This build-up is way too long already in regards to the tempo and the general obliviousness everyone seem to suffer from.

I have to add that Chitoge-chan was soo adorable this episode! She was so childishly happy and full of joy. It was really heartwarming just watching her enjoy the festival! Also, her reaction at the end toward the thought proposal hints that she's really affectionate toward Raku after all. That's so cute! ^__^
変な顔! (;^ω^)

Just one more episode before we have to wait a few months for the OVA.

Episode 19 was great and it was cute how Chitoge and Raku eventually reconcile.

Masich, firstly thanks but I'm definitely going to read the manga soon, hopefully after next week's episode. Since it's SHAFT, I reckon they will make a 2nd season and I'm hoping soon.
rolleyes.gif

It was so wonderful when they finally made up and I've never seen Chitoge-chan so cute as she appeared in that scene! ^__^ It seems she's finally realized her genuine feelings toward him. And he seem to have at least got a grip on what's going on around him for like the first time throughout this series. Seriously, what a dense guy. -__- And it's about bloody time that the story progresses! It's been 19/20 episodes already! This is probably the slowest show I've seen in years! And all this leaves me with is huge hopes for the last episode! Please don't let this whole series be a waste of time! I don't want another OreImo season 1! I'm too curious about the fate of Chitoge and Raku and their, hopefully, lovey-dovey relationship to be able to wait for yet another season of this show! >___<

You are going to have to wait for a 2nd season but you are better just picking up the manga, which I have a feeling might finish next year because there's a fre@king trend going around with mangas who get anime adaptations being finished off like a year or 2 later.....this trend has been going on for like 20 years now and most of the time the anime never gets a proper conclusion like the manga. However, there are time when the manga doesn't get one either, which is hella annoying!
mad.gif

Okay, they went for a harem ending, of sorts. I'm not too surprised unfortunately enough. -__- I wish that Onodera would just go and die already. Taking up too much screen time and affection. I really loved Chitoge in this episode though. She's sooo sweet and wonderful now that she's finally realized her feelings toward Raku and it's just wonderful! ^__^ I just wish he wasn't such a dense slob so he had realized that the feelings are mutual, which I believe they are.

The ending didn't feel like an ending at all. It didn't feel any differently charged than any other episode. The general tempo of this whole series has been really low, and now that it's over it has left me mostly empty inside actually. Sigh... 5/10

Nisekoi , my First reaction of the serie was: Yepe This is Shafts work.

Of course a few people know that there is a High chance for Nisekoi to continue, but that is just based on my knowledge with Studio Shaft works and seeing that Nisekoi is completely based on its manga, which by now has enough for 30 episodes more in comparison.
Aside from that matter, The serie was overall Hilarious, yes I know, a lot of people want Onodera to sod off, who doesn't? From the begin it should be obvious that Raku should end up with Chitoge, but sadly... that is not how a Harem works, so.. let us Include a Locket with 3 keys, remove it half way threw the serie and then just randomly throw a cliche here and there!

Overall my Rating of Nisekoi: 6/10
Animation: 7/10
Story: 5/10
Characters : 6/10 (only because of Onodera) else 8/10

My Final reaction of the serie was: Why did it had to end with a lot of Onodera screen Time!?

Aside from the standard problems with harems in generally, this was a pretty fun show to watch. The humor was, for the most part, pretty solid. Anytime I can find myself laughing out loud is a positive for the show.

As I had mentioned in some thread elsewhere around here, the whole cliche of the childhood promise was a negative for me during the whole show. It's a super annoying cliche that's been used in harems for a while now and really doesn't add anything to the show. You can take out the entire key and locket part of the story and you'd still have essentially the exact same show. They don't even do anything with that storyline in the show here cause everyone has a key and they just pretty much drop the entire thing cause his locket is conveniently not around being fixed. Even if they did continue with the key/locket story through, the only answer I would like is if Ichijo decided he didn't care anymore. If he would let a stupid childhood promise, of which as a child he obviously had no idea of any of the implications, override his thoughts of today it would be absurd.

Tachibana ended up being a pointless character in this show too, due mostly to the length of the series. Bringing her into the show so late really doesn't allow any development at all between her and Raku. In the show, she more comes off as a "we need another suitor for Raku so lets toss this woman into the mix". Which kinda sucks cause I did enjoy some scenes with her, primarily when she would drop her facade, like when she'd get angry and her accent would pop up. Or especially when she perceived Raku as actually following through with her advances and then she'd kinda shut down and not know what to do. But these types of things didn't happen often enough to allow us to get to know Tachibana more.

And of course harem cliches and standards are often no fun. Too often we'd get within inches of someone confessing and things would go wrong and everything would go back as if nothing just happened. We get a non-ending where Raku doesn't end up with anybody. We finally get to see Chitoge realize her feelings, but then nothing really comes after that. Pretty much the reasons why I don't watch much typical high school harems anymore.

The visuals and most of the comedy save it from being bad, and actually make it pretty good. When the show isn't dealing on harem cliches the pretty girls and character interactions make for some fun times. Especially when Ruri is involved.
tongue.gif

A16645-2147537985.1426517846.jpg

Title: Nisekoi 2nd season!
Japanese: ニセコイ
Genres: Harem, Romantic Comedy
Airing Date: 10/4/2015 (Unknown amount of episodes)
Original Creator: Naoshi Komi
Original Character Designer: Nobuhiro Sugiyama
Director: Naoyuki Tatsuwa
Chief Director: Akiyuki Simbo
Written by: Akiyuki Shinbo & Fuyashi Tou
Music by: Tomoki Kikuya
Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
Chief Animation Director: Kazuya Shiotsuki & Shinya Nishizawa
Studio: Shaft
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11, MBS
Opening theme: "Rally Go Round" by LiSA
Ending theme: 曖昧ヘルツ / Aimai Hertz by Chitoge Kirisaki (Nao Touyama), Kosaki Onodera (Kana Hanazawa), Seishirou Tsugumi (Mikako Komatsu), Marika Tachibana (Kana Asumi)
thumb_c01.png
thumb_c02.png
thumb_c03.png
thumb_c04.png
thumb_c05.png

Raku Ichijo voiced by: Kōki Uchiyama
Chitoge Kirisaki voiced by: Nao Tōyama
Kosaki Onodera voiced by: Kana Hanazawa
Seishiro Tsugumi voiced by: Mikako Komatsu
Marika Tachibana voiced by: Kana Asumi
thumb_c06.png
thumb_c07.png

Ruri Miyamoto voiced by: Yumi Uchiyama
Haru Onodera voiced by: Ayane Sakura
Paula McCoy voiced by: Manami Numakura
Shū Maiko voiced by: Yūki Kaji
Claude voiced by: Takehito Koyasu
TV PVs & CMs: http://www.nisekoi.jp/movie/
Official website: http://www.nisekoi.jp/
Synopsis (Continuing from Season 1 synopsis) As a child, Raku Ichijo made a secret promise with his childhood sweetheart, keeping a pendant as a memento while his love took the key. He dreams of one day meeting his past love, but years later, reality smashes his hopes when Chitoge Kirisaki accidentally knees him in the face. Though Raku's a normal high schooler, his family heads the notorious yakuza gang the Shuei-Gumi faction. And he's dragged into family affairs when he's forced into a relationship with Chitoge, the daughter of a rival gang's boss.

Masich Comment I Dislike their not being a thread, so I made one for a 2nd season on the old one.
Let's hope for another... I have honestly no idea on the amount of episodes... But still! Lets hope for another season full of : Awkwardness, Embarrasement and Slapstick comedy^^! Oh, and less Onodera!! Got nothing against her little sister Haru...Yet... Let's just see how it goes.

Why do people (in general) hate Onodera so much? are people doing it to troll the author or something? lol

Either way, the new anime season is good, it improved quite a bit. The expressions are awesome, some transitions are meh but the expressions more than make up for it!

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 14 2015, 11:54 AM) Why do people (in general) hate Onodera so much? are people doing it to troll the author or something? lol

Either way, the new anime season is good, it improved quite a bit. The expressions are awesome, some transitions are meh but the expressions more than make up for it!
Probably because Kosaki can't blurt it out while at least the others have good reasons or have managed to try repeatedly.

Also, because Onodera 2.0 (Haru!) is way better than Kosaki. I don't just say that in the usual "cuter/longer hair/etc" sense, she's just honestly a BETTER PERSON.

She's still no Ruri, tho'. (I honestly only read Nisekoi to see if Ruri and Shuu ever work out their differences.)

QUOTE (Klyern @ Apr 14 2015, 07:54 PM)Why do people (in general) hate Onodera so much? are people doing it to troll the author or something? lol
QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 15 2015, 06:40 AM)Probably because Kosaki can't blurt it out while at least the others have good reasons or have managed to try repeatedly.
She's still no Ruri, tho'. (I honestly only read Nisekoi to see if Ruri and Shuu ever work out their differences.)Yepe, for that reason most people hate Onodera, mostly because she indeed is sooooo shy.
I believe Ruri and Shuu already worked out their differences in one of the OVA episodes. But even then, Shuu's behavior still needs some work overall xD *Recalls the pool+school trip episode*

Well glad to see this got picked up for another season now. I mean we now are getting somewhere finding out about his locket though. Although it almost feels like he wants to forget about what's inside the locket and just go on with his daily life being Kirisaki's boyfriend in a way.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 11 2015, 09:33 PM)Lets hope for another season full of : Awkwardness, Embarrasement and Slapstick comedy^^! Oh, and less Onodera!! Got nothing against her little sister Haru...Yet... Let's just see how it goes.I actually forgot about this series to make a end comment, for that I apologize to myself...Or do I >.>

Compared to the first season that was partially as an introduction, This season just does it all over again, but with new characters, of which I only enjoyed the White Tiger (Paula).
Haru, however... Seriously, Why another Tsundere, who misunderstands everything to an irritating level higher than Kosaki!!!

Overall, my rating for Nisekoi S2: 4/10
Animation: 6/10
Story: 4/10 (It is just another introduction season, doing everything of the first season... but in less episodes)
Characters: 2/10 (Blame the annoying Onodera sisters)

I have completely dropped this series as manga for a few months now... I have 0 regret as I remember 0 of it... All because of the Onodera...

To myself from last year may... You were completely right... I am so sorry...

Well pretty much the only progress we got was Chitoge's mom showing up for a bit and Onodera's imouto making the scene now. Other then that nothing really progressed since the last part we left off of. This now makes me wonder if this is an ongoing series still or just has a lot of chapters to cover. By that I mean will wait to see where season 3 goes off to now.

QUOTE (Silendris @ May 25 2014, 05:52 PM)The ending didn't feel like an ending at all. It didn't feel any differently charged than any other episode. The general tempo of this whole series has been really low, and now that it's over it has left me mostly empty inside actually. Sigh... 5/10
QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 15 2015, 08:54 AM)Overall, my rating for Nisekoi S2: 4/10

I have completely dropped this series as manga for a few months now... I have 0 regret as I remember 0 of it... All because of the Onodera...

To myself from last year may... You were completely right... I am so sugh good thing I dropped S1 to wait, so i'll do the same in case of a S3 unless...
if they animate its OreMono's crossover I'll try it, as I liked Saijō's arc lately
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back