[Oct 21, 2014] Episode Update Issues on Fansub TV

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Sep 18 2015, 06:00 PM)Not really sure, if this has been addressed somewhere and I missed it, but what happened to the chat/comment thing from peoples profiles? Is it still a thing and i cant see it or has it been scrapped? I ask since I really miss it, i got to speak to people away from PM and without having to resort to the boards to type my feelings etc and talk with other members without going through a forum post.

That was the conversation system, and it relied on the mongo db we lost when the server died, sorry.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 22 2015, 12:00 AM)QUOTE (Klyern @ Dec 03 2014, 08:01 PM)horribly late response but as long as Ryu-san continues to update the season lineups and the staff keeps opening the series threads i believe we will all come back to comment, so im not worried much, just keep good health Daft-san, last time i was in a forum were things crumbled a bit like this the admin worked himself to death trying to fix it and collapseQUOTE (Hiasubi @ Sep 18 2015, 12:00 PM)Not really sure, if this has been addressed somewhere and I missed it, but what happened to the chat/comment thing from peoples profiles? Is it still a thing and i cant see it or has it been scrapped? I ask since I really miss it, i got to speak to people away from PM and without having to resort to the boards to type my feelings etc and talk with other members without going through a forum post.read the thread Hia ;/ counting today it was created a year ago, yet who knows how long its admins will take to fix issues... anyway thanx to your support guys Im still coming back here, to post in this undead forum and frontpage daily

The problem is we both have real lives and not much time to put to ftv.
I didn't write ftv so it harder for me to do much with it. And right now I have to work on closing our shared server. Its costing me and Daft too much money and its not being used enough now we lost all the downloads and the DB. I still need to move the FTV images I saved off there and find a new home for them. Theres a real chance I'll be leaving for another country soon as well and I just have too much to do.

Edit
I can make the front page show something as an update (ie an episode) but before I start making it do something.... what exactly does everyone want on the front page? I mean, ftv hasn't got any downloads, the anime investigative system is effectivly dead without a db, I could make the front page work with matv DDLs kinda like old FTV used to... or I could make it show the latest anime episodes on crunchy roll.

But then what is that supposed to do? FTV used to take you to a series page with episodes and forum thread posts..... but thats not going to work if i just feed the front page with some other data..... matv data is close becuase its based off anime suki like ftv, but thats only going to work for historical data...so thats not really going to do a lot. If using matv or cr data, I guess I could use matv code to make a series page and try to get it to show ftv forum posts like the old ftv page did... but it wont look the same, and that starting to make ftv into matv and i suspect no one wants that. Thats assuming i could even get my code to run with ftv's session stuff.

Help, ideas, input?

If you have to consolidate it down to something as a bandaid fix, is there any way to consolidate it down to a simple virtual hosting setup based around just the forum, or forum and blogs? That would cut off the immediate financial bleeding, and then you and Daft could work out a longer term solution once the pressure is off.

I mostly come here for the Forums and PMs, and don't have a way to contact anyone here outside of the forums. I've been planning to get back into Blogging with a dev-log in the next few weeks, but I don't mind moving my blog if the WP integration here has to go. I'd much rather at the bare minimum keep in contact with everyone here.

As much as I'm used to this forum, I know Daft was floating the idea of a Reddit style forum a while back, perhaps this would be a good time to migrate to something that takes less maintenance/overhead?

QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 24 2015, 06:22 AM) If you have to consolidate it down to something as a bandaid fix, is there any way to consolidate it down to a simple virtual hosting setup based around just the forum, or forum and blogs? That would cut off the immediate financial bleeding, and then you and Daft could work out a longer term solution once the pressure is off.

I mostly come here for the Forums and PMs, and don't have a way to contact anyone here outside of the forums. I've been planning to get back into Blogging with a dev-log in the next few weeks, but I don't mind moving my blog if the WP integration here has to go. I'd much rather at the bare minimum keep in contact with everyone here.

As much as I'm used to this forum, I know Daft was floating the idea of a Reddit style forum a while back, perhaps this would be a good time to migrate to something that takes less maintenance/overhead?
Well the current FTV as you see/use it now is all running off one server which is not a problem cost wise (Daft is the one paying for it) but its much much lower than the ddl server which we shared the cost of. So in terms of the current working features, there all fine and theres not a danger to them. The forum and blogs are all working fine - theres maybe a slight issue with some missing images on the forum still (?) but thats just cosmetic.

The problem area is basically the anime front page type of thing, where it showed you screenshots and anime series info. Thats the part I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Oct 24 2015, 08:45 AM) The problem area is basically the anime front page type of thing, where it showed you screenshots and anime series info. Thats the part I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.
Ah, if that's the case, how about this:

1) Create a new subforum under anime for "past seasons" and one for "current season".
2) Set a standard dimension for the first image in each thread so that it will fit together on the front page the way the current images do, then build the front page from the current season threads.
3) Leave a window up at the top left for a "Featured series" post in a regular user hidden forum that the moderators can access and edit to create the featured previews easily.

It would put some extra work on Necroryu and co, but otherwise, it would get the front page "moving" again.

QUOTE (Norren @ Oct 24 2015, 08:13 PM)Ah, if that's the case, how about this:

1) Create a new subforum under anime for "past seasons" and one for "current season".
2) Set a standard dimension for the first image in each thread so that it will fit together on the front page the way the current images do, then build the front page from the current season threads.
3) Leave a window up at the top left for a "Featured series" post in a regular user hidden forum that the moderators can access and edit to create the featured previews easily.

It would put some extra work on Necroryu and co, but otherwise, it would get the front page "moving" again.So basically moving stuff such as current updated threads, to the places under *Browse Anime* spots on the front page? *if* as I'm unsure if you mean that exactly (always unsure) that does sound nice. Although I do wonder if its possible.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm trying to describe.

It seems like it would stay close to the site's original functionality, giving us something that works until such a time as the site can be properly restored/remade.

I'm so used to trying to automate everything I had forgotten the human or manual methods. We might be able to simply create something where people can add a series manually, and link it to a forum thread - kind of what we have now on a series page. I could also use the My Anime List code I wrote for matv to bring in the series info much more easily - a couple clicks and its copied over from MAL without having to copy / paste or re-write it out.

I might be able to get some automated series updates from crunchyroll data, then maybe staff could link that to the Animes' forum threads and also to the mal entry, and it could look like what we used to have. What do people think of that? Its manual with a bit of automation help, but really only needs most of the work at the start of the seasons.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Oct 25 2015, 04:53 AM)What do people think of that? Its manual with a bit of automation help, but really only needs most of the work at the start of the seasons.No matter which idea (apart from stuff such as total destruction) I'm up for it!

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Oct 25 2015, 06:53 AM) I'm so used to trying to automate everything I had forgotten the human or manual methods. We might be able to simply create something where people can add a series manually, and link it to a forum thread - kind of what we have now on a series page. I could also use the My Anime List code I wrote for matv to bring in the series info much more easily - a couple clicks and its copied over from MAL without having to copy / paste or re-write it out.

I might be able to get some automated series updates from crunchyroll data, then maybe staff could link that to the Animes' forum threads and also to the mal entry, and it could look like what we used to have. What do people think of that? Its manual with a bit of automation help, but really only needs most of the work at the start of the seasons.
Sounds okay, I guess, I'm actually (though a tad bit sad about it) fine with losing lots of the old things, as long as we can go forward with something new, and get the community rolling somewhat.
I always come back and find that hardly anything working - makes me sad. Would definitly like to discuss some new stuff with people I like, but.

Well first off we need to do something about the issue with the forums before we can go forward you know.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 02 2015, 10:33 AM) Well first off we need to do something about the issue with the forums before we can go forward you know.
:/ Yeah
unsure.gif

I've been thinking about this a lot since the server died, and I think it would be better for FTV if I was not involved. If I were to get involved in trying to fix or change FTV, I'd only end up screwing it up like I did with the webzine, that was heartbreaking enough and I don't want to be the reason for FTV's demise as well. I think I've done enough damage already with my attempts at being a mod as well. Apologies for getting anyones hopes up.

Honestly if you did what you can then that's fine, but if anything I would not blame you for trying to fix the problem. If you fix it, then that's great, but if not well... hey we know that your tried. Sometimes I think it might be best to try something and fail then to not try it at all.

As for the webzine that will be a story for another time, since it felt like there wasn't really a lot of effort put into it with the others that were on it at the time, I myself was included in that.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Nov 30 2015, 05:11 AM) I've been thinking about this a lot since the server died, and I think it would be better for FTV if I was not involved. If I were to get involved in trying to fix or change FTV, I'd only end up screwing it up like I did with the webzine, that was heartbreaking enough and I don't want to be the reason for FTV's demise as well. I think I've done enough damage already with my attempts at being a mod as well. Apologies for getting anyones hopes up.
I think you're worrying too much, things are pretty broken as it is.
laugh.gif
As long as you can deploy a clean install of the Invision power board and restore a backup of the users and posts to it, I don't think you have anything to worry about. That should be easy to test with another domain name, shouldn't it?

As long as the forum can be restored and Daft's okay with it, I say go for it. Work in a subdomain as a sandbox and move it to the main domain when you think it's ready. Worst case scenario we break out a canned forum and start over or you completely revert to a backup.

I understand that you don't want to risk it, tho'. I can be pretty timid about this sort of thing, too. I'd offer to help if my PHP skills weren't near nonexistant.

Hello. I made this account, because I can't recover password to my original account here and can't contact You in any other way. After resolving the issue it won't be used.
When I try to recover password I get following message both when clicking the link and inputing validation code myself:
QUOTE Sorry, the Validation Key is incorrect for this member. Please check the URL or the data you entered into the form. If the error persists, please contact a member of staff to assist you. If this validation isn't recent, it's possible your old account has been removed.
After sending email on address received after clicking 'contact forum administrator' (or something like that) I got following notification from mailer daemon:

QUOTE Hi. This message was created automatically by mail system
at Wirtualna Polska.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<board@>:
216.172.104.5 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 "
Giving up on 216.172.104.5.
My original account is Nerou. Can anyone help me?
(I've removed domain part of FTV address since You hide it from spambots behind javascript) ;)

Some images dont load and it not lay out correctly... so it hard for any user not familiar with the site.

... it got move and oh... ic lol it not new

QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 28 2016, 04:53 PM)progress on the front page!Busted xD I have been updating with many current anime lists, as a month ago Daft took away series outdated since 2014... But the latest pics are just links of topics this season, I can't fix any issues found so far because I ain't an admin
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back