[Oct 21, 2014] Episode Update Issues on Fansub TV

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I could only help in Design if necessary :/

As for Admins.. haven't talked to daft for a while, and yeah. Maiku seems busy as well :C
Such sad. Mhm. Makes me thinking.. I'll actually go and see if I can contact daft directly.

Please do Nikoki-san. I mean I know Maiku-san has been busy with irl stuff along with trying to figure out how to rebuild the main server for both his and this site.

Well I think the whole site needs a bit of a reboot, Id love to be apart of it, does anyone know who actually manages Fansub now? I used to DL here all the time back in 2006-2012 ish when they changed the site and you couldn't get older episodes due to copyright anymore. I miss the torrent links that could be posted to keep the seeds active and most of all I miss the active forums such as this one.

Yeah you may need to try and talk with either daft-sensei, Maiku-sama, or Kit-san. Those are the only three that I know that kind of run this place off of the top of my head. If you can help out in fixing the place up then go right ahead this place needs it.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (kana @ May 07 2015, 05:55 PM) Well I think the whole site needs a bit of a reboot
That sounds like a nice idea, i wonder if fansub is keeping a backup so they can fiddle with stuff (correct me if im wrong but i remember talk of the server going kaput along w the backup)

It might be cool if at least the homepage went a little cleaner until the site is back in business, feels sad to see updates from 3 seasons ago.

Hi All,
Apologies for my general absence for quite a while. I had some issues in the real world, some work related, some personal, and I basically wasn't myself for quite a while.

Now regarding FTV, unfortunately as far as I know nothing at all has happened, at least from me anyway. My own site is basically the same, although I did update some of its core code, mainly as a distraction from work than for anything else.

I had a brief chat with Daft the other day, the subject of the conversation was our shared server (used for FTV and my site). Daft wants to close it down, as FTV's DDLs are long gone, and the only stuff FTV related on it are the site images I rescued (see earlier in this thread). The site images we could easily move, however closing this server basically means 95% of my site's DDLs are gone, basically everything except FSN Unlimited Blade Works TV. My site is pretty much dead anyway, but what this means is that it can't do episode updates from DDLs very well, unless it were to expire the episodes after a matter of a week or something. The reason thats relevant to FTV is because it *could* (in theory) be used to populate FTV with episode updates. The other data I could provide is basically Crunchyroll episode updates and match series data from My Anime List. The problem with any of this however, is that it will require Daft to modify FTV code to use that data, and I think hes more likely to want to put code time to new projects or at least a new direction for FTV. Obviously that would need to be confirmed by Daft, as I haven't heard any news on plans for FTV in quite a while, and things may have changed.

I know thats more of a nothing update than an update, but its unfortunately all I have, and I hope slightly better than not having the posts and questions answered.

To answer some of the questions posted (and some I'm adding in for general info)

Q) Why hasn't it been fixed yet? / What is the actual problem/cause?
A) The episode update database, all of the code related to it was lost, and it appears there wasn't a backup that was update enough to be usable. In other words, that entire system within FTV would have to be re-written from scratch, and even then it would take a long time to re-build the data - with a lot of simply no longer in existence (past anime shows). Re-writing a large part of code from nothing but memory when you haven't even seen the code in maybe a year is very difficult, the chances of it being the same even on a functional level are very low.

Q) Where is Daft?
A) Hes away on the other side of the world trying to make a career and a life and sort things out relating to all that. Basically the real world has him.

Q) Why can't Maiku do something?
A) I don't have access to the FTV website code - I can read it and look at it, but only Daft can modify it. Also, if it were hard for Daft to write it again from scratch when he wrote the original, it would be practically impossible for me to be able to. It would be very difficult just to make something that would work with FTV.

Q) Why can't Kit do something?
A) Kit hasn't got access to the site code either.

Q) Can I contact Daft/Maiku/Kit directly?
A) Yes, the best method is to use FTV's PM / message them (unless you know them and have another method).

So unless daft-sensei doesn't give you the so-called "keys to this site" you pretty much can't do anything about it I take it.

*sigh* So in other words it might be best to PM daft-sensei on helping him re-code the site I take it..... or did I read your post wrong Maiku-san?

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 13 2015, 04:38 AM) So unless daft-sensei doesn't give you the so-called "keys to this site" you pretty much can't do anything about it I take it.

*sigh* So in other words it might be best to PM daft-sensei on helping him re-code the site I take it..... or did I read your post wrong Maiku-san?
Well pretty much its up to Daft really, although I'll help in any way that I can.
I have some ideas on things that we could do etc, but its up to Daft as to what direction he wants to take the site.

And Wolfie-san, I had to add that Type Moon banner to mine also xD

QUOTE (Masich @ Mar 20 2015, 05:43 PM) You do know there are a ton of other sites with hd quality to watch anime on? Granted non of them has something like episode pictures or so, but you can atleast watch all shows.
It's not that simple. I love this place. And have done so since 2006. It has a lot of nostalgic value for me. This was the first place I ever got anime from. I can't just frequent another site without it having some kind of emotional impact.
Of course, browsing other sites is what I am forced to do now, but that doesn't mean that I don't think about Fansub.tv every time I do so and sincerely hope it will get back on track eventually.

This will always gnaw on me. This site has a special place in my heart.

QUOTE (Silendris @ Jul 04 2015, 03:19 PM) It's not that simple. I love this place. And have done so since 2006. It has a lot of nostalgic value for me. This was the first place I ever got anime from. I can't just frequent another site without it having some kind of emotional impact.
Of course, browsing other sites is what I am forced to do now, but that doesn't mean that I don't think about Fansub.tv every time I do so and sincerely hope it will get back on track eventually.

This will always gnaw on me. This site has a special place in my heart.
I agree with you, its the very reason I'm still here and want to get FTV working again.

Anyway, a little update for everyone, Daft has given me access to the main server and its code, and said I can try to get it doing something else / updates from another location such as matv's source.

The bad news is I've been ill, and still am at the moment, and not really been able to do much other than look around, and note how complex the code is, although I can kinda see how parts of it are working. I haven't made any progress on actually writing anything for FTV yet, and one of the first jobs is to fix a problem with it, so I might have to actually break it a little more first to prevent the problem upsetting the server it runs on.

Talk about a late reaction/update, Although I can understand, that a site on which a person has been on for a LONG TIME can mean something of importance. I self lost 2 sites of my own, which I had worked with for 3-6years all gone in one day (note to self, make sure you have a back-up of a back-up).

In the end, this is one of the more better forum sites I have come across in a long time, so I will stick with it till the end! (Not saying that I think it will end soon, just to note)

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Jul 04 2015, 08:58 AM)I agree with you, its the very reason I'm still here and want to get FTV working again.

Anyway, a little update for everyone, Daft has given me access to the main server and its code, and said I can try to get it doing something else / updates from another location such as matv's source.

The bad news is I've been ill, and still am at the moment, and not really been able to do much other than look around, and note how complex the code is, although I can kinda see how parts of it are working. I haven't made any progress on actually writing anything for FTV yet, and one of the first jobs is to fix a problem with it, so I might have to actually break it a little more first to prevent the problem upsetting the server it runs on.
I wrote some code to retrieve new torrents from Nyaa, extract info from the torrent name so you can add it to a database. It won't work properly for 100% of the torrent names since there isn't really a standard on how to name torrents, but with the names horriblesubs uses it works pretty good
smile.gif

CODE function load_XML($url)
{

$XML = simplexml_load_file($url);

if(count(libxml_get_errors()) > 0)
{

return false;

}
else
{

return $XML;

}

}

CODE <?php

function getAnimeInfo($str)
{

$anime = array();

$anime['TN'] = (string)$str; //Turn object into a string for a cleaner array (removing SimpleXMLElement Object)

$str = str_replace(array('(', ')', '_', '.mkv', '.mp4'), array('[', ']', ' ', '', ''), $str);

preg_match_all('/\[([^\]]+)\]/', $str, $arr);

if(count($arr) != 0)
{

$str = str_replace($arr[0], '', $str);

$anime['T'] = $arr[1];

if(preg_match('/[^A-Za-z]/', $arr[0][0]))
{

$anime['FG'] = $arr[1][0];

}

}

if(in_array('ova', explode(' ', strtolower($str))))
{

$str = ucwords(implode(' ', array_replace(explode(' ', strtolower($str)), array(array_search('ova', explode(' ', strtolower($str))) => ''))));

$anime['ova'] = 'true';

}

$anime['CTN'] = trim($str);

$arr = array_map('trim', explode('-', $anime['CTN']));

switch(count($arr))
{
case 1:
$anime['C'] = 1;
$arr = array_map('trim', explode(' ', $anime['CTN']));
$anime['episode'] = array_pop($arr);
if(!is_numeric($anime['episode']))
{
unset($anime['episode']);
}
$anime['name'] = implode(' ', $arr);
break;
case 2:
$anime['C'] = 2;
$anime['name'] = $arr[0];

if(is_numeric($arr[1]))
{
$anime['episode'] = intval($arr[1]);
}
break;
default:
$anime['C'] = 3;
$anime['episode'] = array_pop($arr);
if(!is_numeric($anime['episode']))
{
unset($anime['episode']);
}
$anime['name'] = implode(' - ', $arr);
}

return $anime;

}

//print_r(getAnimeInfo('[HorribleSubs] Shounen Hollywood - 2 - 11 ova[1080p].mkv'));

?>

Use it if you want, or if you are interested I can work out a better script
smile.gif

QUOTE (thahitter @ Jul 05 2015, 03:12 PM) I wrote some code to retrieve new torrents from Nyaa, extract info from the torrent name so you can add it to a database. It won't work properly for 100% of the torrent names since there isn't really a standard on how to name torrents, but with the names horriblesubs uses it works pretty good
smile.gif

CODE <snip>

Use it if you want, or if you are interested I can work out a better script
smile.gif

Thats not bad, its actually not unlike the original matv code I wrote years back before I re-wrote it into OO php. Do you know OO / class based php as well?

The code I have at the moment on matv took its torrent data from animesuki, the main reason being it already has the extra meta data like series and episode where as the torrent listings from Nyaa etc don't. FTV uses a investigative crawler type of system that Daft wrote, it looks at websites, torrents, images all sorts of things to find anime episodes, although part of that is still in place (and still running) its back end database was destroyed, the problem is what to do with it - ie try to fix the options system, revert back to older style torrenting system, use my code / data to provide a mix of torrent and crunchy roll stuff or write something else / new.

Torrenting is a problem now because of the stance on copyright most of the anime companies are taking, and lets be honest, using crunchyroll data is kind of pointless because you can just go there. The direction I was thinking of for matv was to use screenshots and data from crunchyroll, and provide any other content I could find to go along side it, I even had a half working thing that could read Ami Ami's site and display all the figures and merchandise next to the animes, but I kind never got round to making it work properly.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 13 2015, 03:23 PM) Thats not bad, its actually not unlike the original matv code I wrote years back before I re-wrote it into OO php. Do you know OO / class based php as well?

The code I have at the moment on matv took its torrent data from animesuki, the main reason being it already has the extra meta data like series and episode where as the torrent listings from Nyaa etc don't. FTV uses a investigative crawler type of system that Daft wrote, it looks at websites, torrents, images all sorts of things to find anime episodes, although part of that is still in place (and still running) its back end database was destroyed, the problem is what to do with it - ie try to fix the options system, revert back to older style torrenting system, use my code / data to provide a mix of torrent and crunchy roll stuff or write something else / new.

Torrenting is a problem now because of the stance on copyright most of the anime companies are taking, and lets be honest, using crunchyroll data is kind of pointless because you can just go there. The direction I was thinking of for matv was to use screenshots and data from crunchyroll, and provide any other content I could find to go along side it, I even had a half working thing that could read Ami Ami's site and display all the figures and merchandise next to the animes, but I kind never got round to making it work properly.
I do know how classes work, but the OO thinking way lacks with me
sad.gif

Ill try to make a class so the code will look better and sort/create some functions
smile.gif

Also, I used a thumbnail program that take thumbnails from files (animes ofcourse) with windows and sinc them with my VPS so the whole user part of making thumbnails is being taken away.. There where some issues but they shouldnt be hard to deal with (thumbnail program not working while utorrent was still active/downloading the same file).

Ill try to make something before sunday.

QUOTE (thahitter @ Aug 14 2015, 06:51 PM) I do know how classes work, but the OO thinking way lacks with me
sad.gif

Ill try to make a class so the code will look better and sort/create some functions
smile.gif

Also, I used a thumbnail program that take thumbnails from files (animes ofcourse) with windows and sinc them with my VPS so the whole user part of making thumbnails is being taken away.. There where some issues but they shouldnt be hard to deal with (thumbnail program not working while utorrent was still active/downloading the same file).

Ill try to make something before sunday.
Theres no need to re-write your code, I could do that if needed.
I already have a screenshot from animes system that I've had running for years on matv, so you don't need to repeat that.

I think it might be best if we moved this discussion of code and such to another location, there are things which I can't mention on here and it would be bad to have to much of the site code publicly avialble due to security matters.

Take a look at the link on my signature for my blog, then on there click videos. That should give you an idea of what I already have code wise - that system only requires the choice of which torrent, the rest is totally automated, even the anime info is only a single click to import it from MAL.

The problem is how to make my code or anyones work with FTV.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 14 2015, 01:37 PM) Theres no need to re-write your code, I could do that if needed.
I already have a screenshot from animes system that I've had running for years on matv, so you don't need to repeat that.

I think it might be best if we moved this discussion of code and such to another location, there are things which I can't mention on here and it would be bad to have to much of the site code publicly avialble due to security matters.

Take a look at the link on my signature for my blog, then on there click videos. That should give you an idea of what I already have code wise - that system only requires the choice of which torrent, the rest is totally automated, even the anime info is only a single click to import it from MAL.

The problem is how to make my code or anyones work with FTV.
I've send you a PM.

biggrin.gif

Well then, good luck with that you two. And Maiku-san I hope he'll help you get this place back up and running now.
tongue.gif

I hope we can make something soon, because I still prefer FTV > Nyaa (but use Nyaa to get the torrents etc) even tho the website isn't running 100% for a few months now
sad.gif

Not really sure, if this has been addressed somewhere and I missed it, but what happened to the chat/comment thing from peoples profiles? Is it still a thing and i cant see it or has it been scrapped? I ask since I really miss it, i got to speak to people away from PM and without having to resort to the boards to type my feelings etc and talk with other members without going through a forum post.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Dec 03 2014, 08:01 PM)horribly late response but as long as Ryu-san continues to update the season lineups and the staff keeps opening the series threads i believe we will all come back to comment, so im not worried much, just keep good health Daft-san, last time i was in a forum were things crumbled a bit like this the admin worked himself to death trying to fix it and collapse
QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Sep 18 2015, 12:00 PM)Not really sure, if this has been addressed somewhere and I missed it, but what happened to the chat/comment thing from peoples profiles? Is it still a thing and i cant see it or has it been scrapped? I ask since I really miss it, i got to speak to people away from PM and without having to resort to the boards to type my feelings etc and talk with other members without going through a forum post.read the thread Hia ;/ counting today it was created a year ago, yet who knows how long its admins will take to fix issues... anyway thanx to your support guys Im still coming back here, to post in this undead forum and frontpage daily
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back