One Piece (Manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Nov 03 2010, 09:15 AM) I dont see really huge changes of personality either. Ok except for Sanji maybe.

I must say Nami did look better with short hair, I hope she will cut her hair sometime soon.

So just how did these brothers get there so fast? I dont think the Strawhats are only lazing around now. And the brothers will still f*cking up the fake, so they should be a few hours behind. At least a few hours.
But the Straw Hats seemed to be going slowly and looking at the fishys, having stuff explained to them etc..... Where as the brothers seem to have gone full speed just for the sake of hunting them down.

Looks like I was right, the Karibou crew want to kill the strawhats for fame or maybe shichibukai status. Eitherway its an amateurish thing to do especially when he was standing there on his own. I just thought geez how did this greenhorn make it to the new world.

I guess this is going to start off like the skypeia arc. First, the rules of the sea will be explained and then how the new powers of fishman island work, also has to be explained.

I love how Nami was explaining something serious and then Luffy and Zoro had their own casual conversation, then Usopp and Chopper join in.

As for Karibou, I wanted the SH to dump him in the sea so he can sink like a hammer. But I guess he has his uses since he warned SH about the Kraken. I love how Luffy want to tame the "little" guy. He's mad. But I guess Luffy has a way with animals. I will await future pictures of the Kraken carrying Sunny to Fishman island.

Think its awesome that there is a Kraken, since its one of the thiose things you kinda expect to be in the Ocean but dont really think about in OP. But i love how Luffy as per usual doesnt realise the danger and thinks he can tame it
smile.gif

And here I wsa hoping for a nice battle against thos ebrothers. What a disappointment.

At least I hope the part with the Kraken will be nice.

The first disappointing chapter for a long time, probably since the Duval arc, which actually never existed just like the other Matrix movies. But I guess you all know that already.

QUOTE And here I wsa hoping for a nice battle against thos ebrothers.

This, but I am kinda expecting for them to get stomped. Well maybe besides the boss with the Logia type, but other than that I see them gettin utterly destroyed.

I really want Zoro to fight someone with a big name, so we can see how stronger he has gotten.

I expect him to be equal, if not stronger than Luffy. I also feel pretty much everyone has been left behind by Luffy and Zoro. Maybe Sanji being close, but not on the same tier of those two. Maybe he can fight Killer or something, but we don't even know how many of the Supernovas are still alive.

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 16 2010, 12:06 PM) I expect him to be equal, if not stronger than Luffy.
That is ludicrous maybe even verging on blastphemy. If Zoro has the KD then maybe I would consider that assumption but unfortunely if you dont have KD or any type of haki/df ability you cant be in the top tier of power players.

Lately there has been a surge in Zoro fandom leading to arguments of Zoro>Luffy. But that is to get carried away.

Plus I also think, especially in a Shounen manga, people have a narrow minded view of power.

If I need to kill an opponent far away or create a mass amount of damage to numerous enemies in the vicinity, my first choice sure as hell would not be Zoro or Luffy.

Plus I think Usopp is hiding a df ability. On that venus trap island he was holding a funky fruit which looked alot like a df.It about time someone found a devil fruit.

I'm positve it was said Zoro had Haki.

Plus thats a very bad assumption, Mihawk is one of the strongest swordman in the manga, and he has no Devil Fruit.

And let's be honest. It has already been shown that Zoro is as strong as Luffy, he was the only one to stand up after fighting Moria, and fighting Kuma right away.

It is not far fetched' at all to consider him being equal or stronger than Luffy.

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 16 2010, 04:41 PM) Plus thats a very bad assumption, Mihawk is one of the strongest swordman in the manga, and he has no Devil Fruit.

And let's be honest. It has already been shown that Zoro is as strong as Luffy, he was the only one to stand up after fighting Moria, and fighting Kuma right away.
Firstly, I knew you would mention Mihawk. My post was implicitly stating that Mihawk has haki. Othwerwise he would of been dead the first logia he encountered.

Now here is where it becomes a typical shounen debate of I think Zoro is stronger becuase he did X and Y at point Z.

Well I believe Luffy is stronger because he was able to absorb 100 shadows which after 10 would make a normal person pass out. Then he used gear 2 and 3 to defeat Moria. Essentially my argument is the same as yours.

In order to avoid such subjective arguments, I went by the upper percentile of strength criteria i.e king's disposition. The strongest person implied in the One Piece universe is the Pirate King. The Pirate King confirmed power was KD. Therefore, it is safe to assume the strongest people in One Piece will have KD (so far that has been proven with Rayleigh and Shanks being among the strongest). Consequently, Zoro cant be in the upper percentile of strength. Just a matter of fact. Heck Zoro probably wouldnt of even joined Luffy, sacrificed his life for Luffy, if Luffy didnt have KD to begin with.

One more thing. Luffy one shotted a PX while Zoro and Sanji had to work on the same one.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Nov 16 2010, 06:59 PM) Firstly, I knew you would mention Mihawk. My post was implicitly stating that Mihawk has haki. Othwerwise he would of been dead the first logia he encountered.

Now here is where it becomes a typical shounen debate of I think Zoro is stronger becuase he did X and Y at point Z.

Well I believe Luffy is stronger because he was able to absorb 100 shadows which after 10 would make a normal person pass out. Then he used gear 2 and 3 to defeat Moria. Essentially my argument is the same as yours.

In order to avoid such subjective arguments, I went by the upper percentile of strength criteria i.e king's disposition. The strongest person implied in the One Piece universe is the Pirate King. The Pirate King confirmed power was KD. Therefore, it is safe to assume the strongest people in One Piece will have KD (so far that has been proven with Rayleigh and Shanks being among the strongest). Consequently, Zoro cant be in the upper percentile of strength. Just a matter of fact. Heck Zoro probably wouldnt of even joined Luffy, sacrificed his life for Luffy, if Luffy didnt have KD to begin with.

One more thing. Luffy one shotted a PX while Zoro and Sanji had to work on the same one.
Not to start an argument or anthing, but you forgot that after the whole Moria bit, Zoro turn around and took all the damage on to himself, and was standing tall at the end. Their's no real differents in the "Monster Trio", just that they respect luffy as their captain.

As for the PX, Zoro and Sanji both just move at the same time thats all. Since they are always trying to best each other.

Luffy is the strongest on the basis that this is Shounen Jump and he is the main character.
tongue.gif

And just because you can stand after taking damage doesnt mean your strongest, Rock Lee was able to stand after Garra, Kenichi is able to stand after being practicly killed by his Sensei, that just means you can take damage, which is never a clear indicator of strength

I too think that Luffy is still stronger and will always be. First he is a DF-User, he got to control his haki now and he has gotten a whole lot more dedication to his goal and his crew after what happened to Ace.
But I dont think Zoro is that far away since I really believe he knows how to use haki by now.

Still both are nowhere near the strength where the coming fights will be easy for them. I think they still cant beat an admiral alone. Maybe the whole crew together but not alone.

@Repede: Its completely clear that Killer will be the enemy of Zoro and not Sanji since hes a swordsman too.
But yeah I really want to know what happened to the other Supernovas especially Bonney.

@franzoir: Hmm, Usopp having a DF-ability now would explain how he can shoot bullets who turn into living animals.

I would just love Usopp to have a Df ability. I think its about time someone on the crew found a df and considering Usopp was blown away to the most exotic place which is filled with fruits never seen before. I find it suspect that the greenstone island would not house a devil fruit.

This is not to say Usopp would join the monster trio. Oda said Usopp power will always be the most relatable to a normal human. This is not to say he cant give him a useless fruit power. I mean Chopper fruit is inherently useless. What would happen if a human ate the human-human fruit. Nothing except you lose the ability to swim. There is no reason why Oda cant do the same to Usopp, give him a useless df ability like being able to produce different types of plants. I see no inherent advantage of such a fruit.

Did someone already see the trailer to One Piece 3D - Mugiwara Chase? Damn that looks so awful its like urinating on One Piece -.-

Hias Note: Ive edited it to be more honest and friendly

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Nov 23 2010, 09:42 AM) Did someone already see the trailer to One Piece 3D - Mugiwara Chase? Damn that looks so awful its like p*ss*ng on One Piece -.-
Yeah saw it a few days ago, but actualy i thought it looked good from an animation point of view, since bear in mind it will be in 3-D too. How ever if you refering to any supposed story, just looks like them navigatiing through some rocks. But i dont really think it will be a movie more of a mini short.

BUt i thought the trialer was misleading when i saw it, since i thought it was a trailer for a Jump Stars game movie, which would be awesome since those games were absolulty brilliant.

Putting all the Zoro > Luffy aside and whatnot.

I want Luffy to capture the Kraken, just so he can say: "Release The Kraken!"

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 23 2010, 07:21 PM) Putting all the Zoro > Luffy aside and whatnot.

I want Luffy to capture the Kraken, just so he can say: "Release The Kraken!"
I think Luffy would be too 'Luffy Like' to be cool enough to say release the Kraken and would probably give it a cute nickname instead :'(

What would be impressive is if he does it with KD alone. Since Luffy cant actually fight him for fears of popping the bubble.

@Hiasubi: I meant the animation is totally awful. I dont need some 3D or CG stuff. I just want a normally drawn One Piece movie like the other 10. Yeah it looks like a game but that doesnt make it necessarily good. I think its looking really lousy.

QUOTE (Repede @ Nov 24 2010, 12:50 AM) Really?

Even 3d anime.

*sigh* what's next.
dry.gif

I can think of a few things

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back